Who has the most miles on a 200 Series? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a '15 LC with 160K miles on it and have a trip to Wisconsin and back planned for the holidays

I sold my '13 LC at 348,000 miles. It developed a head gasket leak, and I opted to sell it. It was not an easy decision. I only had 2 repairs on it (valley coolant leak both times; once around 230k miles and then again at 322k miles). I did "proactively" replace the water pump and starter somewhere around 300k miles even though there were no warning signs/events. I could look up the exact mileage of the replacement, but it doesn't really matter. Absolutely the best truck I've ever owned. If toyota sold crated engines, I might have bought one, dropped it in, and kept going. Regardless, I just decided that several other items were simply going to wear out on the truck because of use and would need replacing (air conditioning, suspension, possibly transmission). I was also becoming afraid of the damn screen taking a dump. The truck was still a daily driver, as the next one will be for me.

I failed to procure a '21 before they were gone. But, I have set my sights on on a '22 LX 600 as soon as I can get my hands on one (hopefully within a few months). Can't have an 300-series LC in the states, so I'm taking the next best thing. Might even replace the front bumper/grill with the Toyota version. I bet I get 300k miles out of this one too.

In my opinion, the 200-series is just an absolute beast and mine exceeded any expectations I had. Land Cruises forever.

For now, I'm driving our 2008 GX 470 with 295,000 miles on it. And sometimes people wonder why I prefer certain Toyotas. Hmmmm.

I have a '15 LC with 160K miles on it and have a trip to Wisconsin and back planned for the holidays
Shouldn’t be a problem. In April 2019 i drove my 435k mile 100 from my home in Alaska to Cabo San Lucas at the tip of Baja. And back. Never gave it a single thought. In December of 2019 i drove my 200 (not sure how many miles at the time) from Seattle to Puerto Vallarta and back. Your 200, at 160k, is basically just broken in.

I sold my '13 LC at 348,000 miles. It developed a head gasket leak, and I opted to sell it. It was not an easy decision. I only had 2 repairs on it (valley coolant leak both times; once around 230k miles and then again at 322k miles). I did "proactively" replace the water pump and starter somewhere around 300k miles even though there were no warning signs/events. I could look up the exact mileage of the replacement, but it doesn't really matter. Absolutely the best truck I've ever owned. If toyota sold crated engines, I might have bought one, dropped it in, and kept going. Regardless, I just decided that several other items were simply going to wear out on the truck because of use and would need replacing (air conditioning, suspension, possibly transmission). I was also becoming afraid of the damn screen taking a dump. The truck was still a daily driver, as the next one will be for me.

I failed to procure a '21 before they were gone. But, I have set my sights on on a '22 LX 600 as soon as I can get my hands on one (hopefully within a few months). Can't have an 300-series LC in the states, so I'm taking the next best thing. Might even replace the front bumper/grill with the Toyota version. I bet I get 300k miles out of this one too.

In my opinion, the 200-series is just an absolute beast and mine exceeded any expectations I had. Land Cruises forever.

For now, I'm driving our 2008 GX 470 with 295,000 miles on it. And sometimes people wonder why I prefer certain Toyotas. Hmmmm.
Wow! I really appreciate the information you provided here. The 2013 200series is my first 200 since coming from an 80series and so far, you are absolutely right! I just love DD it and with 175k miles, I just finally ordered the Magnuson supercharger to really test her out lol. If I get another 100k or so with minimal maintenance work, I will pick up another newer 200 and start all over again.

I like your game plan with the upcoming LX 600, that baby looks damn sweet. Good luck and can’t wait to see some pics here.

Best,
Erndawg

You had about 300,000mi on the original water pump? I was thinking about doing mine but I only have about 150k, so maybe I'm just getting carried away with "while I'm in there" type of work.

You had about 300,000mi on the original water pump? I was thinking about doing mine but I only have about 150k, so maybe I'm just getting carried away with "while I'm in there" type of work.
Yeah my original water pump just barely started leaking at 285k so I replaced it, Im up to 306k now with no issues, just the seat belt sensor recall. (2008 LC)

Completed break-in period.

IMG_7870.jpeg

Man I see people posting about the chargers often. Honestly my 08 with 4.88s doesn’t need anymore power. But it’s cool to see the after market support
Man I see people posting about the chargers often. Honestly my 08 with 4.88s doesn’t need anymore power. But it’s cool to see the after market support

And that’s what makes these cruisers so awesome, the versatility is incredible.

What’s the best oil and weight to use to keep these engines running the best and longest? I’m at 30k on my 2020 and live in the south, not dealing with extreme cold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom