Who has the most miles on a 200 Series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just curious. Is anyone coming close to 200K on a 200 Series yet? Already passed that?

I'm only at 94,500 on a 2009 but I'd hazard a guess that we've got some high mileage types around here.

Also, with good maintenance (but not rebuilds, swapping an engine, etc.) how many miles would you expect to get out of a 200?

I see quite a few for sale in the 240k range... Still commanding good money too...!

@jclarke450 is at 192K. No problems, other than typical water pump, radiator, t-case selector switch.
More info on it in copper state cruisers forum. Listed for sale, due to relocation.

Not correct - it most definitely is the 5.7 engine, and there are photos of it.

iMMmileTundraEngine_15JAN17_zps9hmzozdb.jpg

:cheers:

Doh! I actually saw this same truck on a different forum and people kept saying it was the 5.7 and even posted engine pics! I wonder how many timing belts they did on the truck. The 4.7 is an extremely durable engine no doubt!

PS just watched the video and heard him say the owner "put a new timing chain" on it, so maybe that's where the confusion was since the 4.7 uses a belt and the 5.7 uses a chain? Odd that the guy would misspeak like that, and certainly it had more than 1 timing belt change in over a million miles.

I have 145k miles on my vehicle and most people think I have 30-60k either as passengers and as drivers. To me the 200 feels more solid than the 100. My 100 had to go in the shop for little things. So far I have done 10k miles and only needed oil changes. I did grease my glove box recently and had the side mirrors tightened when I bought the car.

Im actually nearing 193k and drives as good as the ones with 50k I test drove. Extremely pleased to say the least. Well actually it's a land cruiser, I expect it.

Both the 4.7 and the 5.7 were available in the 2007 Tundra, but it looks like the million mile truck in question was, indeed, the 4.7.

At risk of turning this into a 4.7 vs 5.7 thread, I have two 2UZs (Sequoia and LX470) around 300,000 miles and one 3UR (Tundra) with about 150,000 miles.

The Indiana built Sequoia with the highest mileage is hands down the best runner.

I't is nice to not to have to do timing belts though. I wonder how long the four timing chains last.

Wow that's a lot of miles for a 13! Do you use the LC as a work vehicle? Glad to hear it's been treating you well.

It's my everything vehicle. I started my own business about 18 months after getting it, so it gets plenty of work. We've taken trips to both coasts and up to Yellowstone. Hunting, hauled hay, moved some tractors around. I don't off-road it much, other than light trails and activity at hunting leases.

When the time comes, I'll buy another one and most likely hang on to this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom