Who has the most miles on a 200 Series? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I just broke the 240k marker ignore all the warning lights I will put up a thread soon about what I have been doing

IMG-20170105-WA0027.jpeg

120,000 miles on my 2010 LX570. 10k are mine, purchased used at 110k. Radiator, water pump by original owner around 80k. Minor AHC work (replaced front shocks.). Love the vehicle, happy with ahc.

176,000 miles, had to have a leaking cam tower repaired so I did both sides, as well as a timing chain tensioner, radiator and water pump, plus regular maintenance. Recently had to replace a hose on top of engine that was leaking. Overall very happy. Do wish this engine had a timing belt instead of chains.

176,000 miles, had to have a leaking cam tower repaired so I did both sides, as well as a timing chain tensioner, radiator and water pump, plus regular maintenance. Recently had to replace a hose on top of engine that was leaking. Overall very happy. Do wish this engine had a timing belt instead of chains.

You're probably the only one :rimshot:

You're probably the only one :rimshot:
I'm assuming you're referring to the chain vs belt. Belts are much less complicated and you might price changing just one tensioner. lol

109k on my 2008. Looks brand new and drives just as tight as my wife's 2014. Have only had to replace a starter, brakes and battery. All is good right now, keeping fingers crossed on the cam towers through. That would be $4k -$6k I wouldn't want to spend.

There is a 2008 done 650,000 plus kms running around down here. I guess that's about 400,000 miles in old money. Only had new injectors 100k back. Still pulls like a schoolboy apparently.

109k on my 2008. Looks brand new and drives just as tight as my wife's 2014. Have only had to replace a starter, brakes and battery. All is good right now, keeping fingers crossed on the cam towers through. That would be $4k -$6k I wouldn't want to spend.

Surely it's not that expensive? Is the repair more involved than resealing the valve cover? Maybe I've misunderstood the leak?

Just curious. Is anyone coming close to 200K on a 200 Series yet? Already passed that?

I'm only at 94,500 on a 2009 but I'd hazard a guess that we've got some high mileage types around here.

Also, with good maintenance (but not rebuilds, swapping an engine, etc.) how many miles would you expect to get out of a 200?

I just bought a 2008 with 275k miles on it. one owner (Texas truck) and was only every services at Toyota, and the truck runs great (I have a 2007 Tundra with 58k on it so that is what I compare it to) the suspension is definitely do for replacement, all original, nothing leaking or blown but handles like a boat. engine transmission/transfer case are tip top working great. the Brakes I believe have had the rotors turned once or twice those are also do for replacement on rotors and pads (this weekend) I would say if it has been taken care of well 275k is no big deal for it. bonus the price is great when the miles are high :)

Cheers,

Michael

Surely it's not that expensive? Is the repair more involved than resealing the valve cover? Maybe I've misunderstood the leak?
Just a shade over $3k is what it will cost from an honest Toyota dealer.

It is much more involved than a valve cover gasket replacement. All assessories on the front of the motor need to be removed along with the radiator and clutch fan assembly. Then the timing chain cover can be removed and then intake manifold, valve covers, cam towers. Then a thorough cleaning and prep for new FPIG and reassembly.

Went looking for high miles | mileage on the odometer threads and this one seems best. Sounds like 3UR has a really long life ahead of it, presuming well maintained.

Ours: 2008 with 171k miles, so far . . . purchased from family member.

Bought 2020 LX a month ago.
Traded in my 2013 LX with trouble free 117k miles. It felt almost new View attachment 2451637
Funny thing is we buy these vehicles because they’re the most reliable best built you can find and then when they get a few miles on them we trade them in for another one I remember I had an FZJ 80 with about 120,000 miles on it just kind of getting broken and I traded it in because it had 120,000 miles even though I knew how well it was built.

I have seen two interesting examples:
One a white 2013 lx on E-bay about a year ago with 348k miles for $23K and it sold within about 3 days and a 2008 LC on offer up app about 2 days ago with 330k miles in Kirkland WA at Eastlake Auto Brokers for $19850 - still up for sale.

To keep it tech I have 143k on mine

Last edited:
ok I'll bite - are all gasoline powered (non diesel versions)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom