Whiteline rear swaybar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How does this HD Whiteline rear sway bar do off road with a stock sway bar up front?
Does it help balance front to rear articulation?

Prior to my rear Whiteline I felt my articulation balance was excellent with the rear in place and the front disconnected. My limited testing with Whiteline tells me some adjustment is going to be needed to get my articulation back where I want it.

So I was not able to reach Whiteline since they have been off the grid for over ten days because of SEMA. However yesterday I received an update showing the Rear Sway Bar as DISCONTINUED and the front Sway Bars still en route. Not sure if this was a mistake so I called about 6 times throughout the day yesterday and all I got was their voicemail message. Will be calling today as well to get clarification. If indeed it is discontinued, I will be refunding all parties that have pending orders. I will PM those of you as well not to take up from this thread.

Thanks for the follow through John.

not my company but it just seems odd that they would discontinue that item when really there doesn't appear to be much competition and these trucks are still on the road/off road around the world. Hmmm... but what do i know!

Still waiting for a call back from my rep. It's all about the sales numbers, if year after year these parts either stay on the shelf or they do not see sufficient number of orders, they simply pull it off their lineup. If for any reason they do get back to me and say that indeed they discontinued them, I am ready to order at least a dozen sets to see if it will change their mind. Time will tell.

Still waiting for a call back from my rep. It's all about the sales numbers, if year after year these parts either stay on the shelf or they do not see sufficient number of orders, they simply pull it off their lineup. If for any reason they do get back to me and say that indeed they discontinued them, I am ready to order at least a dozen sets to see if it will change their mind. Time will tell.

When you have a product that doesn't sell, you take it out behind the barn and shoot it. Making money 101: If you wanna stay in business, don't build or support stuff that isn't selling.

Spoke to my Whiteline rep this morning and it turns out that a number of rears did leave Australia heading to the US. The problem is he is not sure how many have been allocated to us. But he did confirm that it is now a discontinued part for new customers looking for the Rear Sway Bar. I also contact ST Suspension also known as Suspension Techniques down here in Socal if they are willing to build these since they do all there bending in house. So that may be an option in the future. Keep you guys posted.

TJM has them also.

*** UPDATE ***
I finally got some info, I have a total of 4 sets (front/rear) coming in, so far only 1 person has cancelled. So everyone that has an order with me is good and are getting their sway bars. Also confirmed that the rear is definitely discontinued, however they said that if I can get them some decent numbers for that part number they can put it back into production.

Thanks for the update bro.

Just drove 450 miles last night on a narrow (mostly Hwy 93*) 2 lane twisty highway at speed with comfort something I would not of done before the Whiteline. Going through mountains with 40+mph winds was scary at best but last night I was in control. Surprised these were not super popular with all the heavy 80 running around but I guess mall travel would not be affected:flipoff2:

* "US 93 has a nasty reputation for accidents. It has a combination of a winding two-lane roadway with lots of slow trucks, RVs, and party dudes that can't wait to get to Vegas before they start drinking."

Last edited:
Just drove 450 miles last night on a narrow (mostly Hwy 93*) 2 lane twisty highway at speed with comfort something I would not of done before the Whiteline. Going through mountains with 40+mph winds was scary at best but last night I was in control. Surprised these were not super popular with all the heavy 80 running around but I guess mall travel would not be affected:flipoff2:

* "US 93 has a nasty reputation for accidents. It has a combination of a winding two-lane roadway with lots of slow trucks, RVs, and party dudes that can't wait to get to Vegas before they start drinking."

Great input Phil, thanks. I'm looking forward to receiving my rear one.

Quick update, I am still waiting for the shipment to come in. George, who's the general sales manager at Whiteline gave a current ETA of 12/28 which is probably not going to stick since the Holidays/New Year. I will check again before Christmas and see if anything arrives. For all the people waiting on this order, I thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, drop me a PM since I have been swamped here at the shop and haven't had the time to hop on Mud lately.

Quick update, I am still waiting for the shipment to come in. George, who's the general sales manager at Whiteline gave a current ETA of 12/28 which is probably not going to stick since the Holidays/New Year. I will check again before Christmas and see if anything arrives. For all the people waiting on this order, I thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, drop me a PM since I have been swamped here at the shop and haven't had the time to hop on Mud lately.

Thanks for the update dude.

Look what just showed up with no tracking notice. This was the original set I ordered for my '96. It is a front and rear set that I had ordered a couple weeks before this thread started. Either way, there are more coming in within another week or 2. I've decided to ship this set to @cpg since he has been waiting patiently for the set, my rig can wait. @alia176 yours is probably going out next week, sorry for the wait.

20171215_152255.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom