Which would you choose...17" KMC Technic Bronze or 17" Fuel Nitro Bronze (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally, the Ironman FCP lift kit for my 2014 GX460 has finally arrived after waiting for over 5 months since purchasing it.
Taking advantage of a small Black Friday deal I just ordered a set of BFG KO2 tires, 285/70/17.
And now I am trying to decide between the KMC KM722 Technic wheels in matte bronze and the Fuel Nitro D669 wheels in matte bronze.
What do y'all think of these two? Who here has experience with either one of these wheels or brands and can share their knowledge? Both wheels have the same load rating of 2,500lbs. The KMC is 8.5" wide and the Fuel is 9" wide. Any input will be appreciated. I'm hoping of being able to order them before the Black Friday deals end for them.

KMC KM722 Technic
ba16bbecfcc3f5d4ad498479efa7c049e95205bc333999f9a6bc980636ba78e6.jpeg

Fuel Nitro D669
5f0766c1404fb93cb1aa7c5d35ca507eb7ca3eff.jpg

I forgot to add....
The KMC have 0mm offset and 4.75 backspace.
The Fuel have +1mm offset and 5.04 backspace.

And the Fuel actually have a load rating of 2,300 lbs, and not 2,500 lbs as I had mentioned previously.

Going by looks alone (not specs), I like the Fuels. It might just be the lighting of the picture, but the darker bronze looks good.
What color is your GX?
Congrats on the FCP’s…

So I'm wondering who you're purchasing these wheels for, the GX community or for yourself?
Pick what either works best or that which most appeals to you.
I picked my wheels because of being quality wheels and the colors on account that both my wife and I thought it looked really good with the white exterior.
Do some research, e.g. reviews and see if there are any outstanding differences or benefits of one wheel over another. If they both pan out to be even, then what color/style makes you happy?
I've seen some gosh awful wheel type types and color combinations, but hey, if it makes that person feel happy, then good for them!
rims.jpg

Personally I think both are handsome looking wheels styles and colors. but again, that's my opinion and as I've stated before, opinions are like belly buttons, every body has one!

I have Fuel bronze wheels on my Sequoia and love the look and finish of them. Only 2500 miles on them so far but they have handled fire roads and rutted sand and gravel well

IMG_1333.jpg

I like the Fuel. My concern would be cleaning out all the little grooves if you ever use it on a trail or mud.

^^^^^ this, those wheels are going to be hard to clean

I like the Fuel. My concern would be cleaning out all the little grooves if you ever use it on a trail or mud.
Answer: pressure washer.
Quick and easy. And you can pressure wash the entire underside of your rig also after a day in the mud. 👍
If you don't have a pressure washer, Christmas is just around the corner. Time to start slipping your wife some hints???

Answer: pressure washer.
Quick and easy. And you can pressure wash the entire underside of your rig also after a day in the mud. 👍
If you don't have a pressure washer, Christmas is just around the corner. Time to start slipping your wife some hints???
Pressure washers and cars = bad voodoo 🤷‍♂️

Pressure washers and cars = bad voodoo 🤷‍♂️
Never had an issues. I've used one for years. Just keep it away from the engine bay. But wheels, under carriage, paint is fine.
Don't use the pencil point nozzle setting. Use the fan or wide spread nozzle setting and keep some distance from what your spraying and you'll be fine!

Never had an issues. I've used one for years. Just keep it away from the engine bay. But wheels, under carriage, paint is fine.
Don't use the pencil point nozzle setting. Use the fan or wide spread nozzle setting and keep some distance from what your spraying and you'll be fine!
I pressure wash my GX all of the time - no issues, unless you use a tiny nozzle. This is with a 2,700 psi gas pressure washer. I use the white fan nozzle (whatever size that is).

However, pressure washing will get the chunks off, but there will still often be a small muddy film present on the surface when it dried. For wheels in particular I pressure was them, apply soap with a foam cannon (in addition to the rest of the vehicle), then do a hand wash with a microfiber wash sponge/mitt. All of the tiny crevasses on those wheels will need a hand wash/brush to get the dirty film off.

I think both wheels will be pretty difficult to keep clean if you drive in any amount of mud (granted is muddier here in MO than it is in the Hill Country, but you guys must have some mud). It's probably an extra 5-10 minutes of work per wheel when detailing the vehicle. Not the end of the world, but definitely a pain. I have knockoff Volk VE37's and they aren't terrible to keep clean, but they are harder than the simpler wheels on our other vehicles.

Last edited:
Reactions: r2m
It's probably an extra 5-10 minutes of work per wheel when detailing the vehicle. Not the end of the world, but definitely a pain. I have knockoff Volk VE37's and they aren't terrible to keep clean, but they are harder than the simpler wheels on our other vehicles.
That's what children are for, right? The little fingers get right into those tiny crevices.

(only joking... don't anyone take me serious.)

That's what children are for, right? The little fingers get right into those tiny crevices.

(only joking... don't anyone take me serious.)
Actually that's a great idea. My 6 y/o in particular is good about cleaning stuff like that. Next time I detail the GX I'll arm her with a microfiber towel and bucket and have her get the wheels and rock sliders :).

• Haha
Reactions: r2m
Actually that's a great idea. My 6 y/o in particular is good about cleaning stuff like that. Next time I detail the GX I'll arm her with a microfiber towel and bucket and have her get the wheels and rock sliders :).
Don't forget to promise her a piece of candy for a good job! The carrot on the stick...

Either one should work just fine. I would pick the KMCs for purely aesthetic reasons but I've seen those Fuels on other GXs and they look good too. I'm just a sucker for mesh wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom