Which Rear Bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well,

It's time to buy a swing out I think. Ready to finish my build & need a bumper to complete everything. My needs:

- cooler rack for med size yeti on one side

- jerry can holder on the other

Keep the rear cross member & hitch - I tow the Rzr and my Mastercraft

Suggestions?

4x4 labs. :D

That better than IPOR?

From what I've been told you have to remove rear cross member with 4x4 labs. FYI I'm not a hard core wheeler I'm more of a hunter which is the primary use of my 80.

Carrying my cooler w ice and a deer or hog carcass would be the primary use.

I have Slee (ladder, tire carrier, and basket). My Yeti 45 and metal igloo will not fit in basket. It's a real bummer. I can fit my smaller igloo but it won't hold enough food, water, and beer for a multi-day trip. However it will hold three gas/water cans.

DC Fabrication. Will adjust size of basket as needed, customizable swing out accessories, good communication, trustworthy, timely!
Www.dcfabrication.com

Here's mine:
For towing
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1407636423.294496.jpg

Wheeling with his fuel cell that fits into the jerry can/cooler rack.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1407636516.384700.jpg

I think they all pretty much require chopping the rear crossmember out, but more than make up for it in material and design.

4x4 Labs does require cutting the crossmember... it replaces it and tucks up oh so nicely.

These are the best pics I've got of what the crossmember looks like:

IMG_2518.JPG
IMG_2528.JPG
IMG_2529.JPG

No love for the Sean Huston bumper? Mine has a rack that perfectly fits the Yeti 35 (almost like it was made for it....).

I like that rear bumper. They have some stellar pictures on their website too. Just a hair expensive, but in line with the other guys.
the green truck with the ice chest and jerrys is mine. it was on a tjm 2" at the time. and worn out 315 kM2. now its on 4" slee, with new km2s. It is a phenomenal bumper.
approach/departure angle:

IMG_0011_2.jpg

IMG_4892.jpg

Last edited:
I really like the ARB but the cost with dual swingouts is more than I paid for the truck!

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom