Which automatic trans would you use (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Georg, you know how I like second guessing myself.... So a modern (2011) 4L60e is plenty and I dont need a 4L65e with the 5 planteary gears? Sorry if this distracts from the thread.

I bought a rebuilt '93 4L60 from a trans shop for about $550 not including the core charge. Great transmissions. You can add a converter lockup kit if are not using a computer. Some local shops charge up to $850 in my area. Just be sure you get the TV (kick down) cable properly set or you could lose that new trans. That is where my core came from :crybaby:. A bad TCI TV cable ruined the clutches in only 2 weeks and that was AFTER being adjusted by a shop. Verify your TV cable travel with the pan off.

Totally agree PG trannys are the toughest ever built, when I was a kid one of my friends had a 58 chevy with a PG, we use to pretend it was a straight shift throwing it into neutral and dropping it into gear, several times he hit reverse going from low to drive...ego 0 tranny won every time, you could not break it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom