FJ45 - what would you set reserve on BaT? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks. The market has definitely softened and the auction will reflect that. Not too concerned bc it’s just staying in the “fun money” fund to support two other car projects I’m working on at the moment. A 66 Chevelle 300 with an all aluminum 600hp ZL1 427 motor I picked up on BaT years ago and a 66 Porsche 911 that I’m hot rodding. Both are getting suspension upgrades and a few tweaks to the motors.
My best wishes for success with the auction. I previously opined that I like your truck... a lot.

Personally, I prefer it to the one EWheeler linked to in a post above. While that is indeed a very nice truck, the choice of a 2UZ-FE 4.7L engine seems like striving for sub-mediocrity. Okay, it's a Toyota V-8, so the engine "stays in the family", but it only puts out 230 HP. Going to the huge time, trouble and expense... for that? And after seeing great attention to detail and build quality, the choice of seats seems uninspired. Maybe it checks all the boxes for some, but I prefer yours.

My congratulations and admiration for a great build!

My best wishes for success with the auction. I previously opined that I like your truck... a lot.

Personally, I prefer it to the one EWheeler linked to in a post above. While that is indeed a very nice truck, the choice of a 2UZ-FE 4.7L engine seems like striving for sub-mediocrity. Okay, it's a Toyota V-8, so the engine "stays in the family", but it only puts out 230 HP. Going to the huge time, trouble and expense... for that? And after seeing great attention to detail and build quality, the choice of seats seems uninspired. Maybe it checks all the boxes for some, but I prefer yours.

My congratulations and admiration for a great build!
Thanks man, much appreciated. I hope she finds a home where she gets proper use in her natural environment...looking for adventure on a dirt road/trail somewhere cool.

He's finally listed it on BAT.
It looks like bidding is going well.

You have a nice FJ45 there. I would use this build as the absolute pie in the sky ceiling for price. The quality of this build and uniqueness was 2nd to none, I would have wagered it sold for well over $100k, and was disappointed in the sale price for the builder/seller. I would guesstimate somewhere around 50% of the sale price of this FJ45 for your FJ45. Good luck with the sale.

You know, Gary’s truck was a work of art but the auction photos made it look too oddball. Looks way better in person. This truck, although not my style, sure as hell looks good. Especially if you don’t care about a factory look and just want a bad ass truck

You know, Gary’s truck was a work of art but the auction photos made it look too oddball. Looks way better in person. This truck, although not my style, sure as hell looks good. Especially if you don’t care about a factory look and just want a bad ass truck
Agree on all accounts. Garys truck was a swcond to none build in my book. I would have wanted that truck over an Icon as far as custom builds go. This truck is super nice, but for a custom build, i like a little more off the wall and purpose/function built. All that said, i couldnt afford either of them, im juat a broke dick mouthing off on the internet.

Thanks guys. Stoked so far. The last hour is where most BaT auctions get excited. We’ll see what happens.

2+ hours left and it’s at 65k. Beautiful truck. Too bad I’d not fit in at my height. Unfortunately/fortunately it’s not in my budget.

I’ve got the same FF rear end out of a ‘77 Fj45. I have considered using ASIN hubs on the rear axles. If I ever break a shaft I’ll likely go that route. However, I’ve yet to tow mine, and that’s where rear free wheel hubs would be the most handy.

Well it went for $66k. Was hoping a lil better but if I was gonna set a reserve 65 was the number I’m thinking. It’s headed to NC and the buyer has two FJ40s so it’ll be in good hands.

Well it went for $66k. Was hoping a lil better but if I was gonna set a reserve 65 was the number I’m thinking. It’s headed to NC and the buyer has two FJ40s so it’ll be in good hands.

🍺

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom