Wheres CDan?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all, it's been a while but I'm back on here looking for Knowledge & Parts. Where is CDan? I just picked up the little Creampuff 100 series 290,000mi LX470 off Craigslist in Tempe AZ. and am going to baseline it starting with TB/WP, fan bracket, cam & crank seals, bypass hose, all idlers and belt. WHERE do we buy parts nowdays? I was on eBay looking at the TB/WP kits and it seems they are ALL Chineese copies of Toyota parts with MANY Upset customers! I want OEM Toyota parts and I'm in Tulsa OK. and prefer not to use Cruiser Corp.
Thanks
Richard

TB/WP + fan bracket = Aisin TKT-021 and Aisin FBT-002, both from RockAuto

Cam and crank seals, bypass hose, idler pulley, tensioner, serp belt, and most other OEM Toyota parts = Partsouq.com

Or if you want to just have someone else put the kit together for you, call Kurt and his guys at Cruiser Outfitters. Sure you will pay a bit more but worth not having to cross reference parts and wonder when the drunk donkey that XYZ place is using for delivery will show up.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU Guys! I'm off to order parts.
And, THANK YOU in advance to any others who post supplier advice.
Thanks
Richard

Cdan (sorely missed) is in SLC.

If you get up that way....pop in and see him at the Land Cruiser Museum.

For parts CruiserOutfitters will be hard to beat for knowledgeable folks.

Why not just work with your local toyota parts people, most will work with you on pricing especially as you do more business with them. They get parts within a day or two if not in stock.

Cdan (sorely missed) is in SLC.

If you get up that way....pop in and see him at the Land Cruiser Museum.

That some kind of wax museum?

Yes, unfortunately this site and our community are no longer the same without him, but eh, he's in Cruiser heaven at least, so happy for him...

I'm pleasantly surprised he piped up right away, though, so who knows, maybe he's keeping tab on us in the background? Like a benevolent godfather...? :cheers:

Yes, unfortunately this site and our community are no longer the same without him, but eh, he's in Cruiser heaven at least, so happy for him...

I'm pleasantly surprised he piped up right away, though, so who knows, maybe he's keeping tab on us in the background? Like a benevolent godfather...? :cheers:

I think he still has some Shaman powers....so be careful. ;)

My Land Cruiser was never Cursed....but I think others might have been. :oops:

^ that's why I said "benevolent godfather" after some reflection and consideration of various possible outcomes ... I am careful not to take chances with higher powers...

but anyway, we'd better leave it at that since this is a tech forum and you know how all those :censor: mods are... :slap:, sooo back to parts sourcing... :)

Why not just work with your local toyota parts people, most will work with you on pricing especially as you do more business with them. They get parts within a day or two if not in stock.

Are you talking about Toyota dealerships? I would love to find someone to work with but my local dealership won't budge, prices are at least 2x higher than mcgeorge, dallas toyota, etc. I've asked them to price match many times and they just laugh at me. I've even bought a car (not land cruiser) from them.

I bought a bunch of parts for my LC today from my local dealer. (over $1200) I asked them to price match McGeorge. The guy said they could not get that low but could get close enough that it was only about $70 difference and there was going to be nearly $50 dollars in shipping from McGeorge so I went with my local dealer. I'm hoping it's the start of a beautiful relationship.

^^ It's understandable if the local dealer is more expensive, they have to pay for their overhead and they add convenience to some customers. But I'd hope to see some flexibility and/or good will if I ask for a partial match. If they laughed at me while quoting double online prices, I'd let the management know why I will not be back and that I'd tell all my friends about it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom