Wheres CDan?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My local dealer won't budge and actually charges above MSRP. I use them only when desperate.

Are you talking about Toyota dealerships? I would love to find someone to work with but my local dealership won't budge, prices are at least 2x higher than mcgeorge, dallas toyota, etc. I've asked them to price match many times and they just laugh at me. I've even bought a car (not land cruiser) from them.

Why not just work with your local toyota parts people, most will work with you on pricing especially as you do more business with them. They get parts within a day or two if not in stock.
Are you talking about Toyota dealerships? I would love to find someone to work with but my local dealership won't budge, prices are at least 2x higher than mcgeorge, dallas toyota, etc. I've asked them to price match many times and they just laugh at me. I've even bought a car (not land cruiser) from them.
From my experiences, very few dealer parts depts will budge on prices, and if they do, it’s usually nominal reduction.

I bought a bunch of parts for my LC today from my local dealer. (over $1200) I asked them to price match McGeorge. The guy said they could not get that low but could get close enough that it was only about $70 difference and there was going to be nearly $50 dollars in shipping from McGeorge so I went with my local dealer. I'm hoping it's the start of a beautiful relationship.
I wish I could do the same. I'm within reasonable driving distance to McGeorge but the two local Toyota dealers both said they wouldn't do anything for me.

I do suspect that the parts counter guy has probably more leeway than we may suspect at some places. Some donuts may be in order... ;)

CDan would know but if he tells us, he would have to kill us all.... (code of the Godfathers and all....)

I live a few miles from a dealer, and ~30 min from the Gulf States Toyota parts warehouse, but inexplicably it's cheaper and easier to order parts from McGeorge (~1300mi away) or Part Souq (~8000mi away).

My local dealer uses Matrix pricing, according to the parts counter MSRP is to low.
So a radiator hose that has a MSRP of say 35.00 they will charge 50.00 for. So I use a online dealer, that has excellent service.
I would rather rent a car get a Uber, pretty much do anything other than spend a nickel with them.

Why are some dealers like McGeorge or Olathe so much cheaper on parts? Is it individual dealer policy that dictates price? I just don't know why one dealer can go so much lower.
My local dealer is decent for some stuff like gaskets, bolts, etc where it doesn't make sense to pay for shipping. If i get the parts manager he will usually cut me a deal on that stuff. But big ticket items like control arms? So much cheaper for some guy in Dubai to ship them to me in three days. Don't get it.

The dealer has discretion on pricing. He can ask whatever he thinks the market will bear.
Greed, or the lack thereof, dictates.

well, there is the issue of overhead. But when that's taken care of -and of course, depending on the situation that can vary a lot- you still have a choice to sell a few items at large profit each or a lot at small profit each to end up at the same point.

One puzzling bit is that I always thought that the MSRP was calculated such that it should be enough for anybody and basically one would expect to buy it for that or less. And yet, here we see dealers selling at above MSRP. So, yes, either MSRP is too low for them or they are too greedy/needy for MSRP.

Toyota of Dallas wouldn't give me the lower pricing we have enjoyed for years. I just ordered parts from a dealer in San Antonio (North Park Toyota) that would. Shipping even by normal UPS is quick.

So disappointing. Really liked dealing with them otherwise. Their whole Web Sales department and TRD parts, ARB, etc. etc. seems to have gone away.

Their whole Web Sales department and TRD parts, ARB, etc. etc. seems to have gone away.
Probably because they discovered how much it was costing them to do it. On-line is cut-throat. It is a race to the bottom.

Sometimes dealers will offer a discount to local clubs. Mine will take 30% off MSRP and is great when it comes to expensive parts like cx axles & control arms

Toyota of Dallas wouldn't give me the lower pricing we have enjoyed for years. I just ordered parts from a dealer in San Antonio (North Park Toyota) that would. Shipping even by normal UPS is quick.

So disappointing. Really liked dealing with them otherwise. Their whole Web Sales department and TRD parts, ARB, etc. etc. seems to have gone away.
Toyota of Dallas no longer has the online parts store. I used to order a lot from them since shipping was quick to Oklahoma. I called yesterday and they said they took it down. Not sure why. But yea, like you, I always had really good service from them.

My local Toyota dealer keeps sending me postcards with graduated discounts on parts. I.E. $10 discount on first $100 spent up to $50 with $500 spent so at least they are trying. I've bought a few items that I couldn't get through the Mud vendors such as heater valve. I haven't used Partouq yet but a lot of people on here say good things.

Mud vendors that I've used recently:

Cruiser outfitter's(Cruiserteq): just ordered knuckle kit with toyo bearings
Marlin Crawlers: relay rod, tie rod, ends
McGeorge Toyota :OEM shocks(they were the cheapest and fast shipping)
Slee-offroad: ARB steering dampener
Wit's End: various parts

My local Toyota dealer keeps sending me postcards with graduated discounts on parts. I.E. $10 discount on first $100 spent up to $50 with $500 spent so at least they are trying. I've bought a few items that I couldn't get through the Mud vendors such as heater valve. I haven't used Partouq yet but a lot of people on here say good things.

Mud vendors that I've used recently:

Cruiser outfitter's(Cruiserteq): just ordered knuckle kit with toyo bearings
Marlin Crawlers: relay rod, tie rod, ends
McGeorge Toyota :OEM shocks(they were the cheapest and fast shipping)
Slee-offroad: ARB steering dampener
Wit's End: various parts

In no particular order:

McGeorge
Cruiser Outfitters
Partsouq

Have all been consistently good on filling orders and fair pricing.

Conversely, ToyotaPartsDeal has either screwed up every order I've ever placed with them or the shipping was so slow that I could have walked there and picked the parts up faster. Hate them.......

all the above, plus Camelback Toyota in Phoenix, with discounts and reasonable shipping.

In no particular order:

McGeorge
Cruiser Outfitters
Partsouq

Have all been consistently good on filling orders and fair pricing.

Conversely, ToyotaPartsDeal has either screwed up every order I've ever placed with them or the shipping was so slow that I could have walked there and picked the parts up faster. Hate them.......

You and I must be on a ToyotaPartsDeal sh** list. I'll never spend money there again, no matter how much "saved."

all the above, plus Camelback Toyota in Phoenix, with discounts and reasonable shipping.

That’s not been my experience since @murf and Ritchie left. After those two guys departed, the new Camelback parts dept. folks charged me list price the last four times I bought from them (before moving from Tempe to CO this year).

That’s not been my experience since @murf and Ritchie left. After those two guys departed, the new Camelback parts dept. folks charged me list price the last four times I bought from them (before moving from Tempe to CO this year).
Even over the web? I know the in-person club discount went away, but the online prices have always equaled the "club discount". I used to order online with will-call pickup.

I ordered a new ignition lock cylinder from Partsouq last month. Was to me in Texas in 4 days, from Dubai. After shipping added beat all the online US sellers by $55 bucks,beat my local Toyota dealer by $300. Today ordered Starter from Rockauto $107 after core, delivered. My dealer wanted $421. I get making money, yet there should be a middle ground. Hell I am a smaller used car dealer and they give me no breaks. Sad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom