Where is the difflock control module located

Winch

I found an FJ80 at a local wrecker with dual E-lockers. On my Tacoma, the difflock ECU is located under the driverside kickpanel, but I don't see it on the Lanny. Where is it located?

Also, does it have one control module for both the front and rear locker, or two?

Thanks

IdahoDoug

What country are you in - FJ80s never came with factory lockers in the US?

An FJ80 with lockers would be a heck of a retrofit to get it together. If you're in the US, that is what you've found and there's no telling where they put the locker control unit.

DougM

IdahoDoug said:
What country are you in - FJ80s never came with factory lockers in the US?

An FJ80 with lockers would be a heck of a retrofit to get it together. If you're in the US, that is what you've found and there's no telling where they put the locker control unit.

DougM
No offense, but i find it slightly annoying when someone forgets the Z when mentioning a 93+ 80 Series and people make a fuss about it!

We all know what he means and that there is like a 1 in a billion chance its a pre 93 with owner retrofitted lockers in a wrecker! Any owner that knows what they are, is sure smart enough to take them out if the rig is going to the wrecker!

Cut the guy some slack!

IdahoDoug

Boston,

No offense taken, but I missed the part where he mentioned it was a 93+ 80. Believe me, if I just wanted to razz him I would have done a much better job - just trying to get the correct info out to him on the first try.

Also, it's one control module for both F/R diffs. Don't forget to cut the connectors off rather than simply removing the connector and scuttling off with the module - way easier to connect in your rig.

DougM

cruiserdan said:
By the way, FJ80's were available with difflocks in other markets so Doug's question is valid.
Ok, point taken and i learned something new.

Thanks

Sorry Doug, my bad

Curious, were those diff locks in pre 93 Electric or Cable?

Thanks

Winch

cruiserdan said:
RH kick panel it is. The center lock control is on the LH side.
Thanks for the info, guys, and sorry for the confusion I may have caused with the "Z". I won't forget next time, and I am in Canada. Thanks again

Top Bottom