Wheel alignment and muffler shop recommendations

Howdy,

I put new OME suspension on my 77 FJ40 and looking for recommendations for wheel alignment services with good experience.

Also need a new exhaust after putting in the SOR header. I pieced together a setup from Autozone, but uts time to get it done right. Any recommendations on a quite muffler for it?

Thanks
Ernie

davegonz

Keeping it Weird
SILVER Star

For wheel alignment, I just adjusted toe. Similar to this 80 write-up.

davegonz

Keeping it Weird
SILVER Star

Here's one for a 40.

KennyBob

Is fearr Gaeilge briste, na Bearla cliste.
I was about to say, I'm pretty sure toe-in is all you can adjust without some extra hardware or fabrication work.

I actually took my 80 in to reliable automotive here in Kyle to have them perform an "alignment check" (free) so I could get my caster numbers and they ended up adjusting my toe-in for free. It's always irritated me that most places charge the $80-$100 for a full alignment.

Speedy Align on Oltorf is my go-to. Haven't been in a few years, but it was run by a pony-tailed guy who's been a mechanic forever, very knowledgeable and reasonable. Last time I went to Atlas Spring on 7th cause it's close to my house, and i wished i had gone to Speedy Align after. They didn't know the drag link needed to be adjusted/tightened... everything else checked out ok...

Edwin told me the only place he recommends is Jerry’s on W Pflugerville Pkwy

I’ve taken a couple truck there.
Jerry's is near by. Thanks for the tip

Now to find a good muffler shop north.

I need it from the SOR headers back and needs to clear the anti inversion shackles in the back, so its alot of tight bends. Perfer finding someone with LC 40 experience.

Mr Cimarron

DRIVE, BREAK, FIX, REPEAT
SILVER Star

If you get an alignment more than once the Firestone or NTB lifetime alignment works out to be a good deal. Plus they are nationwide. Although it’s about all I would get done there.

Any recommendations on a quiet muffler for a 2F?
I went to Jerry's. Excellent and fast service

Bought a Walker Quiet 3 stainless muffler . Oval with center inlet and offset outlet with 2.25" ID. Closet to the 2" collector on my SOR header.

Have a 9am appointment at Muffin Mufflers.

Top Bottom