Wheel alignment and muffler shop recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ERNRAM

SILVER Star
Threads
Howdy,

I put new OME suspension on my 77 FJ40 and looking for recommendations for wheel alignment services with good experience.

Also need a new exhaust after putting in the SOR header. I pieced together a setup from Autozone, but uts time to get it done right. Any recommendations on a quite muffler for it?

Thanks
Ernie

For wheel alignment, I just adjusted toe. Similar to this 80 write-up.

Here's one for a 40.

I was about to say, I'm pretty sure toe-in is all you can adjust without some extra hardware or fabrication work.

I actually took my 80 in to reliable automotive here in Kyle to have them perform an "alignment check" (free) so I could get my caster numbers and they ended up adjusting my toe-in for free. It's always irritated me that most places charge the $80-$100 for a full alignment.

Speedy Align on Oltorf is my go-to. Haven't been in a few years, but it was run by a pony-tailed guy who's been a mechanic forever, very knowledgeable and reasonable. Last time I went to Atlas Spring on 7th cause it's close to my house, and i wished i had gone to Speedy Align after. They didn't know the drag link needed to be adjusted/tightened... everything else checked out ok...

Edwin told me the only place he recommends is Jerry’s on W Pflugerville Pkwy

I’ve taken a couple truck there.

Edwin told me the only place he recommends is Jerry’s on W Pflugerville Pkwy

I’ve taken a couple truck there.
Jerry's is near by. Thanks for the tip

Now to find a good muffler shop north.

I need it from the SOR headers back and needs to clear the anti inversion shackles in the back, so its alot of tight bends. Perfer finding someone with LC 40 experience.

If you get an alignment more than once the Firestone or NTB lifetime alignment works out to be a good deal. Plus they are nationwide. Although it’s about all I would get done there.

Any recommendations on a quiet muffler for a 2F?

Any recommendations on a quiet muffler for a 2F?
I went to Jerry's. Excellent and fast service

Bought a Walker Quiet 3 stainless muffler . Oval with center inlet and offset outlet with 2.25" ID. Closet to the 2" collector on my SOR header.

Have a 9am appointment at Muffin Mufflers.

Any idea whether Jerry’s has experience with lifted tundras or 200s? Gonna need someone to mess with mine after I get the Kings installed and it can be a challenge with stock UCAs

Any idea whether Jerry’s has experience with lifted tundras or 200s? Gonna need someone to mess with mine after I get the Kings installed and it can be a challenge with stock UCAs
Those guys are good

Reviving an older thread. Does anyone know of a good alignment shop south of Town Lake?

Thanks

Yep, Firestone on Ben white, see Jason, lifetime for 170 w coupon, well worth it. Just had my 100 done there.

Yep, Firestone on Ben white, see Jason, lifetime for 170 w coupon, well worth it. Just had my 100 done there.
Did they have any issues with aftermarket UCAs?

B&B Muffler on South Lamar has always treated me right.
I've always gone to Speed Align on Oltorf as well, but not necessarily for Land Cruisers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom