Whats everyone using for upgraded sway bars now? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok heres a dumb question for the crew...what's more important for the 80 series, front or rear swaybar or both?

The rear is more important, the radius arm front suspension is effectively it's own sway bar.

Last edited:
I placed an order with Whiteline last night. Website said the sways bars were in stock. Got this message this morning:

Hi, I wanted to reach out regarding your order.
Unfortunately we can not fulfill your order due to item BTR46X has been discontinued and no longer available.

Thank You!

Erick Gonzalez

Sales and Business Development
1810 South Milliken Ave, Ontario CA 91761
P: 909. 476. 2860 | F: 909. 203. 7334
E: Orders@whitelineus.com | www.whitelineperformance.com

Whiteline 30mm rear
Stock front
Swaybar links optimized
Works great for my set up and weight

With the front disconnected the stiff rear bar tends to push the front end side to side to the point of I dont like the feeling. With that said I really like the feel and the performance of slow speed off road with the front disconnect even when its not technical.

first Two pics white line in rear
Second two OEM SWAYBAR
Ok uploaded first time from mobile here it is corrected
25D9A240-031F-4A1B-BC19-2264B0CD09B3.jpeg
72A44C8C-3857-4791-90ED-96B3EA0D3222.jpeg
C63D34A4-A575-4B72-BB86-71FDD2FF37D5.jpeg
E4CA2009-AE76-495B-9D20-31D74B06CB53.jpeg

Last edited:
Whiteline 30mm rear
Stock front
Swaybar links optimized
Works great for my set up and weight

With the front disconnected the stiff rear bar tends to push the front end side to side to the point of I dont like the feeling. With that said I really like the feel and the performance of slow speed off road with the front disconnect even when its not technical.
Describe what you mean by “pushing the front end side to side”. I haven’t noticed anything like that with the Blackhawk.
One thing I have liked with the Blackhawk rear bar besides much better control of body roll, is when doing fast dirt roads the truck understeers less. Can actually get the back end loose and drift corners if you’re really pushing it. It was a bit unnerving the first few times that happened haha. I don’t try to drift very often but with just more ‘spirited’ dirt driving it’s nice to come into a corner a little hot and not have the front end plow forward with massive understeer.
I drove Darren’s 80 a bit with the HD rear swaybar and he’s also set up the front with offset trunion bearings with a bit of negative camber. Makes the front of the truck much more “pointy” and it goes where you point it much better than an 80 without HD swaybars it camber adjustment. I still run OEM trunion bearings so it doesn’t steer quite as quickly as Darren’s truck but big improvement with understeer.

Describe what you mean by “pushing the front end side to side”. I haven’t noticed anything like that with the Blackhawk.
One thing I have liked with the Blackhawk rear bar besides much better control of body roll, is when doing fast dirt roads the truck understeers less. Can actually get the back end loose and drift corners if you’re really pushing it. It was a bit unnerving the first few times that happened haha. I don’t try to drift very often but with just more ‘spirited’ dirt driving it’s nice to come into a corner a little hot and not have the front end plow forward with massive understeer.
I drove Darren’s 80 a bit with the HD rear swaybar and he’s also set up the front with offset trunion bearings with a bit of negative camber. Makes the front of the truck much more “pointy” and it goes where you point it much better than an 80 without HD swaybars it camber adjustment. I still run OEM trunion bearings so it doesn’t steer quite as quickly as Darren’s truck but big improvement with understeer.

I only notice it on the tarmac. More like when the rear swaybar is working it transfer energy to the light disconnected front making it twitchy only going straight. Where as with the front connected it has a much more even straight line and center feel. Normally with my caster at a solid 4° it steers great very flat with no more body roll. With f&R connect because Im 2wd a super hard turn will spin the inside tire rear tire because it become so light weighted. Never before until the HD Whiteline rear. All in all the HD Whiteline for my setup makes road travel much easier and enjoyable.

Yup. I got the same message. No more HD Whiteline rear sway bars.

So?

Who else makes a heavy duty rear sway bar?

The Blackhawk for $425 from Endless Horizon Outfitters?

TJM XGS 30 mm for $172 at Andy’s Motorsports?

What else is available?

I placed an order with Whiteline last night. Website said the sways bars were in stock. Got this message this morning:

Hi, I wanted to reach out regarding your order.
Unfortunately we can not fulfill your order due to item BTR46X has been discontinued and no longer available.

Thank You!

Erick Gonzalez

Sales and Business Development
1810 South Milliken Ave, Ontario CA 91761
P: 909. 476. 2860 | F: 909. 203. 7334
E: Orders@whitelineus.com | www.whitelineperformance.com

Last edited:
Yup. I got the same message. No more HD Whiteline srear sway bars.

So?

Who else makes a heavy duty rear sway bar?

The Blackhawk for $425 from Endless Horizon Outfitters?

TJM XGS 30 mm for $172 at Andy’s Motorsports?

What else is available?
I placed an order with Andy's in January for a TJM bar and was told that they were unavailable. Let us know if you are successful.

Quick summary: No response from TJM AU. Whiteline USA canceled my order and did not respond to e-mails asking why. The Whiteline BTR46 is available from the UK (see EBay link above). Cost is around $325 with shipping. I also contacted SuperPro Suspensions - USA distributor of another AU sway bar. Their bar is around $350 with shipping. Contact info:
Brett Hauschild
President
11665 Ridgeline Dr. | Suite 180 | Colorado Springs | CO | 80921
Phone: +1 650 362 8016
Email: bretth@superprousa.com
Web: www.SuperProUSA.com
Personally, I ordered the Landtank HD sway bar links and new OEM bushings/collars for the existing sway bar. Going to live with it for a bit.

Given the lack of availability of the other options I would certainly consider going with the SuperPro 30mm rear bar, SuperPro makes some great stuff (obviously this is assuming SuperPro USA has brought this bar in and stocks it)

The only Toyota sway bar I can find on the Superpro site is for a Supra, but I’m not all that technically adept.

Given the lack of availability of the other options I would certainly consider going with the SuperPro 30mm rear bar, SuperPro makes some great stuff (obviously this is assuming SuperPro USA has brought this bar in and stocks it)

The only Toyota sway bar I can find on the Superpro site is for a Supra, but I’m not all that technically adept.

That's the SuperPro USA site, SuperPro has a complete line up for the 80 series pretty much every chassis related bushing even radius arms however given their US distribution and headquarters is relatively new I can't say whether they have any of it in the US. Brett the guy who runs the US operation has had his plate full getting everything up online and based on the aged nature of the 80 it's possible he has some stuff here and it's just not on the online site. I'll give him a call tomorrow as it's long overdue.

Great!

Their Australian site has some options.

Here’s their 30mm rear bar sold by Figs

$330 plus $40 shipping

Front bar

$405 plus $40 shipping...

QUOTE="GSTMike, post: 12279303, member: 144297"]
That's the SuperPro USA site, SuperPro has a complete line up for the 80 series pretty much every chassis related bushing even radius arms however given their US distribution and headquarters is relatively new I can't say whether they have any of it in the US. Brett the guy who runs the US operation has had his plate full getting everything up online and based on the aged nature of the 80 it's possible he has some stuff here and it's just not on the online site. I'll give him a call tomorrow as it's long overdue.
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Great!

Their Australian site has some options.

Here’s their 30mm rear bar sold by Figs

$405 plus $40 shipping...

QUOTE="GSTMike, post: 12279303, member: 144297"]
[/QUOTE]
That's the front bar, scroll down the page you linked a bit the rear bar is $330 + shipping

That's the front bar, scroll down the page you linked a bit the rear bar is $330 + shipping
[/QUOTE]

My bad! Sorry. Fixed my post. Thanks!

OK I just got off the phone with SuperPro USA, they don't have the rear 30mm bars on the shelf here (they do have a bunch of other 80 series bushings, heavy duty sway bar end links etc etc actually in stock) That being said they would be willing to rectify that no problem.

OK I just got off the phone with SuperPro USA, they don't have the rear 30mm bars on the shelf here (they do have a bunch of other 80 series bushings, heavy duty sway bar end links etc etc actually in stock) That being said they would be willing to rectify that no problem.
Want to negotiate a group buy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom