What’s everyone using for on board air in 2021 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Twin 24V Viair 333IG's on a 6 gallon pancake. 33" tires.
Decided against fuel/engine-driven air.
Haven't timed anything as I enjoy stretching the ol'e legs during air up. But it doesn't feel slow by any means.
Also keep a Superflow 1050 as failover. (which is slow in comparison)

No one running ExtremeAire? would be interested in knowing how it compares to the twin ARB beyond what's on paper.

Screenshot 2021-03-16 175451.jpg

Screenshot 2021-03-16 175527.jpg

I keep one of these in my Kiser/Jeep fully charged before I leave the house at all times... I usually jack that side up and about 2 mins I'm done... Also carry plug kits of course...

Given there is a direct relationship between amp draw and performance the Extremeaire beats the ARB twin easily.
I was thinking the same thing but the CFM numbers seemed to be close. Maybe I'm reading it wrong but thinking ARB was throwing the numbers. Nothing beats a good ol pump up the 37" tire from 0-30PSI lol.

I was thinking the same thing but the CFM numbers seemed to be close. Maybe I'm reading it wrong but thinking ARB was throwing the numbers. Nothing beats a good ol pump up the 37" tire from 0-30PSI lol.
Im a dealer for Extremeaire and at the end of the day Amps dont lie. IIRC @RFB went from a twin ARB to Extremeaire Magnum.....

I started using a DIY CO2 tank setup 20 years ago and it's still my preferred OBA setup. I have both a 10lb tank and a 20lb tank and use them interchangeably. It's simple, incredibly fast for filling tires and portable if I need to assist someone else or use air for other things that aren't on the truck. Most of the time I carry the 10lb tank on my rear bumper. The 10lb tank will typically last 4-5 trips with 2-3 air-ups per day with my 37's. The 20lb tank will usually last me a full spring/summer/fall wheeling season if it's the only tank I'm using and it's only for tire air ups.
I have the tanks filled at a local Carbonic/Dry Ice supplier that is owned by a guy that is also an offroader. $25 to fill my 10lb tank. $40 to fill my 20lb tank.
Untitled by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

Untitled by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

Oasis Air Compressor. Basically a motor driven York 210 fitted with total seal rings to reduce oil pumping. Picked it up used years ago for $400.

Wanted a portable and less expensive solution since I wouldn't be using it as often. Was thinking of the Summit dual air compressor. Looks similar to a Viair. Anyone have experience with this?

1616049401531.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom