What to keep (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got a couple extra early 70's fj40 front axle's with Warn hubs and drum brakes. The ? is should I keep the whole axle or are there parts to pull and junk the rest . Thanks Z

?

Inner Axel and 3rd member? Housing....All

Somebody might want the Drum stuff? Outer birfs And spindles. Prob. not...:rolleyes:

I would keep the inners and the 3rds. Maybe a housing if you have to room. It is nice to have some spares.

Shawn

Thanks guys, I was thinking about keeping a complete one on hand and shelving the rest of the parts.

I'd keep the Warn hubs if they are in good shape - I have a set as spares

I'd likely keep more, but that's just me :meh:

Interesting. I have a 1970 drum axle sitting in my side yard. I put up a FS thread, all or parts, but not much interest. It will have to go for scrap, I'm afraid. I intend to pull the third member, but there does not seem to be any use for the housing, knuckles, drums, and everything else. I have a disc axle now, that uses later (shorter) birfs and Aisin hubs. So all this stuff is kinda useless to me.

Question: Are the small pattern arms that bolt to the top of the knuckle worth saving?

Got a couple extra early 70's fj40 front axle's with Warn hubs and drum brakes. The ? is should I keep the whole axle or are there parts to pull and junk the rest . Thanks Z

Do you have anything the parts would crossover to? maybe save 1 pair of hubs.

with the price of scrap where it's at, scrap them.

Only reason I've kept any of my early front ends is because my '63 still runs those parts and spares are always nice. Keep a housing if you want to do a cut and turn for a spring over eventually, or anything you could see yourself using in the future.

Thanks guys, I'll take'm up to my storage garage and have spares incase I want to do a cut n turn or something else. i know as soon as I scrap them I'll need something.

Interesting. I have a 1970 drum axle sitting in my side yard. I put up a FS thread, all or parts, but not much interest. It will have to go for scrap, I'm afraid. I intend to pull the third member, but there does not seem to be any use for the housing, knuckles, drums, and everything else. I have a disc axle now, that uses later (shorter) birfs and Aisin hubs. So all this stuff is kinda useless to me.

Question: Are the small pattern arms that bolt to the top of the knuckle worth saving?

third, inner axles, and housing all can be used. The drum stuff is not as desired. At all really

Course, I found a guy that needed some old ball and claw axles I had so anything's possible

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom