What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I made a switch panel to support all of the wiring for my arb linx. I built it onto the tray in the glove box, comes in an out no problem, makes it easy to access and adjust things as need be, and helps clean up the huge mess of wiring that I had in there before. Only thing I had to adjust after putting this in was moving my PWM to the back side of the panel because I couldn't get the door to shut due to the large knob when it was facing forward, not a big deal, but it means that I can't adjust it on the fly. My linx is mounted to the panel, I have a PWM for my amber light bar, my inverter controller, a voltage cut-off for my high beam signal to the linx, and the main switches for my three light bars and three sets of rock lights.

20230602_175744.jpg
20230604_151953.jpg
20230604_152001.jpg
20230605_164733.jpg
20230605_165509.jpg

Nothing on the truck but received my 20 year Mud badge today... a few days early -- also was my son's 16th bday

IMG_20230606_153046.jpg

Last edited:
I installed a cheap shelf/dog bed using this folding camp table from Amazon.

It sits a few inches higher than I’d like (ideally it would be flush with the center arm rest folded). It is just right for depth and width though and I can store some stuff underneath. Hopefully he’ll like it back there on his bed instead of being stuck between the kids’ seats. He never would stay in the back before.
IMG_7777.jpeg
IMG_7779.jpeg
IMG_7781.jpeg

Prepping for some new shoes. I was going to say downgrade but its really just downsizing front brakes to fit smaller 17" wheels.

The 380mm Stoptech rotor and 6 piston calipers are a beast for towing. I think that helps with heat dissipation so brakes don't fade but that's not as much of a priority for off-road. The new Tundra rotor measures 354mm and 7.8lbs lighter. The Tundra calipers are much heavier though as the combined weight of rotor and caliper is only a 3.2lb difference. I also started bending pinch weld and fender rolling but I'll wait to mount the tires before doing more. Anyone in Vancouver, BC interested in the big brakes?

2023-06-09 16.18.53.jpg

2023-06-07 18.24.15.jpg

2023-06-08 12.51.28.jpg

Prepping for some new shoes. I was going to say downgrade but its really just downsizing front brakes to fit smaller 17" wheels.

The 380mm Stoptech rotor and 6 piston calipers are a beast for towing. I think that helps with heat dissipation so brakes don't fade but that's not as much of a priority for off-road. The new Tundra rotor measures 354mm and 7.8lbs lighter. The Tundra calipers are much heavier though as the combined weight of rotor and caliper is only a 3.2lb difference. I also started bending pinch weld and fender rolling but I'll wait to mount the tires before doing more. Anyone in Vancouver, BC interested in the big brakes?

View attachment 3345817

View attachment 3345818

View attachment 3345825

Be sure and post up how you like those mickeys!

Had a 24 gallon LRA aux tank installed at ACC - have been on a road trip for a couple of days and so far has been awesome! They have my other LC200 there now doing the same mod so I hope it proves to satisfy my need for increased range.

For the front door and passenger door purchased the Land Cruiser trim. Pretty easy to pull off the old and put on the new. For the rear I used good 3M indoor outdoor electrical tape for now. I may see if someone can wrap them for a longer lasting solution. For now the 3M tape works great.

Do you have the part numbers for those trims? I’m assuming it works on all 200 Series Cruisers?

Do you have the part numbers for those trims? I’m assuming it works on all 200 Series Cruisers?
I didn't go the OEM route. I ordered an after market four piece set for the LC200 off of eBay. Took a gamble but, the quality seems really good and the fit is exactly like the ones I took off just not chrome. I'll keep Armorall on them. I originally started trying to find the window belt molding part numbers and balked at the prices. I figured worst case if the aftermarket ones don't last I'll go OEM later.

This search will get you there: Front & Rear RH & LH Door Outer Belt Weatherstrip For Land Cruiser LC 200 07-16

The OEM numbers should be 7571060070, 7572060070, 7573060050 and 7574060050. Will fit the 08 to 2015 models, but I don't know about 2016 and later. Verify the numbers online.

Last edited:
Put the tow hooks back on. I'd removed them when I installed the Rhino bumper. I think I'll paint the ARB tow hook black to match the rest of the rig tho.
tow points.jpg

Then I installed some sequential turn signals into the mirror housings.

I didn't go the OEM route. I ordered an after market four piece set for the LC200 off of eBay. Took a gamble but, the quality seems really good and the fit is exactly like the ones I took off just not chrome. I'll keep Armorall on them. I originally started trying to find the window belt molding part numbers and balked at the prices. I figured worst case if the aftermarket ones don't last I'll go OEM later.

This search will get you there: Front & Rear RH & LH Door Outer Belt Weatherstrip For Land Cruiser LC 200 07-16

The OEM numbers should be 7571060070, 7572060070, 7573060050 and 7574060050. Will fit the 08 to 2015 models, but I don't know about 2016 and later. Verify the numbers online.
Pretty sure the only reason the part number changes for 2016+ is because they went chrome.

I also bought an aftermarket set from Amazon. They seem fine, but I’ve only had them for 3-4 months.

Finished my “poor man’s” drawer system today. View attachment 3339502
There is just enough room in front of the drawers for my recovery gear bag and another similar size full of tools.
View attachment 3339506
To access, I’ll pull one out and place on the tailgate. I tested to make sure all are accessible with the 1up rack loaded and folded down and it works fine. View attachment 3339507
Last pic of the stylish carpet remnants I found in my attic for the top.
View attachment 3339508
The goal was to have more stuff accessible and organized without unloading the whole back. One of these will be our food, one will be the kitchen box, and one will be bike gear. Excited to hit the road soon to test her out!

What a great idea! I venture to guess those have more storage capacity than the fancy slide out drawers since there is the roller bearing hardware. Furthermore, those totes are waterproof to capture anything that spills and easy to remove and set on the ground for say camping. The shelf keeps lots of cargo room above the drawers too.

Put the tow hooks back on. I'd removed them when I installed the Rhino bumper. I think I'll paint the ARB tow hook black to match the rest of the rig tho.
View attachment 3346265
Then I installed some sequential turn signals into the mirror housings.

Do you have a link for the turn signals?
Thanks, looks 👍

I like the red hooks on the black ride.

Do you have a hard time getting it up? Is it limp all the time? Well I have good news for you, PN 6895069215 and 6896069165 will solve that issue! All you need is a T25 hex and a 12 mm socket and ratchet! (Side effects may include broken trim, dirt, and broken bolts) Please consult your local Lexus dealer if you experience any of these things…

Parts listed are for 200s with a power tailgate.

In all seriousness I was putting this off for months, pretty quick and easy!

IMG_8492.jpeg

IMG_8493.jpeg

IMG_8494.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom