What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (52 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When you first start the car, does it default to android auto interface? And if you use the low speed surround camera view does it default back to android auto when you speed up?
With the Vline it does stay on the Vline input if when you turn your vehicle off it is on that setting. (There may be a setting in the OEM system though where you have to tell it not to default to a certain screen). I'm fairly certain the low speed cameras still work as designed, but I generally have that feature off. I'd have to test. I also have never had a 2nd phone option, so don't know if it "fails" to the 2nd phone. I can't imagine it wouldn't. And i want to say in the Carplay menu there appears to be a place where you could switch between phones, but once again, never tried this.

With the Vline it does stay on the Vline input if when you turn your vehicle off it is on that setting. (There may be a setting in the OEM system though where you have to tell it not to default to a certain screen). I'm fairly certain the low speed cameras still work as designed, but I generally have that feature off. I'd have to test. I also have never had a 2nd phone option, so don't know if it "fails" to the 2nd phone. I can't imagine it wouldn't. And i want to say in the Carplay menu there appears to be a place where you could switch between phones, but once again, never tried this.
Thanks for the feedback, if you ever get a chance to test the low speed cameras, and see if they automatically return to the android auto/CarPlay interface, that would be awesome.

Thanks for the feedback, if you ever get a chance to test the low speed cameras, and see if they automatically return to the android auto/CarPlay interface, that would be awesome.

The vline will run for up to 2 minutes after key off so if you hop in an out it will resume automatically. On my 2008 though, if it's longer than that the head unit defaults back to maps or whatever. Automatic cameras on my 2008 do not return to Grom.

The vline will run for up to 2 minutes after key off so if you hop in an out it will resume automatically. On my 2008 though, if it's longer than that the head unit defaults back to maps or whatever. Automatic cameras on my 2008 do not return to Grom.
In light of this, i'll point out mine is a 2010 LX and i believe uses a LEX6 vs the LEX5 Vline that the 08-09 models use.

So I just tested the LX 570 with the VLite. The reverse camera reliably comes on when in reverse and will toggle back to the VLite screen once back in drive, but the low speed cameras do not automatically show on the screen.

Last edited:
Had my Vline over a year. Cameras override the screen no matter what input you're on. So yes when low speed camera turns off it will return to AA if that's where you were.

It also will connect to whatever phone it can. Whichever one you setup first, it seems to always try that one first. But if one fails it will try the other.

So I just tested the LX 570 with the VLite. The reverse camera reliably comes on when in reverse and will toggle back to the VLite screen once back in drive, but the low speed cameras do not automatically show on the screen.
Strange. If my low speed cameras are enabled they will override the Vline and then return to Vline when speed increases.

I wonder if it's a limitation of the VLite module? I will have to contact Grom and ask.
I tested today and my 2010 with LEX6, the low speed/stop cameras will not trigger if I'm in Vline mode. If I'm set to auto and I'm in some other screen other than Vline, then they trigger as they normally would. You also have to already be in some mode outside of the Vline before the switch would have happened otherwise it's lost. I will say though that i thought after I initially installed it that the slow speed cameras still worked. So, it's entirely possible that this is a feature that can be affected depending on which firmware and which model Vline you are running. I run an older firmware on mine because it's the only one that doesn't have consistent screen blackouts that i have to click a button to recover from. I haven't tried the last one or two new firmwares, but i tried about 4-5 of them after finding the one that works best for me and had to revert each time.

Within the past 2 months I completed:
  • New Kings Suspension
  • OME 2723 springs
  • Active Offroad Bump stops
  • BudBuilt rear shock armor
  • ARB drawers
  • 90k maintenance (was overdo) (new water pump)
  • Alignment
  • Postponed Panhard bracket in lieu of bolt on option coming
Which all leads to a Memorial Day weekend camping trip with the kids that produced this on the way home.

1685649146516.png

I tested today and my 2010 with LEX6, the low speed/stop cameras will not trigger if I'm in Vline mode. If I'm set to auto and I'm in some other screen other than Vline, then they trigger as they normally would. You also have to already be in some mode outside of the Vline before the switch would have happened otherwise it's lost. I will say though that i thought after I initially installed it that the slow speed cameras still worked. So, it's entirely possible that this is a feature that can be affected depending on which firmware and which model Vline you are running. I run an older firmware on mine because it's the only one that doesn't have consistent screen blackouts that i have to click a button to recover from. I haven't tried the last one or two new firmwares, but i tried about 4-5 of them after finding the one that works best for me and had to revert each time.
I have a 2011 and brought up the camera issue to GROM, I tested both the vline and vlite both would not display the forward and side camera even in auto mode UNLESS I was in AM/FM

I have a 2011 and brought up the camera issue to GROM, I tested both the vline and vlite both would not display the forward and side camera even in auto mode UNLESS I was in AM/FM
This is essentially what I saw, except I was in SAT rather than FM.

A few wins this week on the LX w/ ~165k miles:

1. It seems I've salvaged my center diff lock capability. It hasn't worked consistently since I bought the car 3 years ago, and I stopped trying to engage it shortly after purchase. I was greasing the driveshaft zerks for the first time last week and noticed a wire clip had slipped from the mounting point on the center diff's protective metal cage.
    Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 10.56.43 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 10.57.06 AM.png

I don't know if this is part of the grounding wire, or simply there to keep the harness from bouncing around. Either way, it was dislodged when I was messing with the u joints. I've casually played with the center diff lock button since reconnecting the harness and it's working fine now. Does anybody know if this connector is part of grounding the accumulator? 4-Lo has always worked fine.

2. I believe I properly diagnosed bad u-joints. I've been having intermittent cabin vibrations for the past few months. After installing new accumulators, AHC fluid swap, and eliminating other front end suspension issues, I found play in the u-joints while working on the zerks. Admittedly, I haven't greased zerks in ~30k miles of ownership, and who knows the last time they were done. I don't have the stones/time/skill to do it myself, but will report back on it once @aljollano takes a look

A few wins this week on the LX w/ ~165k miles:

1. It seems I've salvaged my center diff lock capability. It hasn't worked consistently since I bought the car 3 years ago, and I stopped trying to engage it shortly after purchase. I was greasing the driveshaft zerks for the first time last week and noticed a wire clip had slipped from the mounting point on the center diff's protective metal cage.
    View attachment 3338443
    View attachment 3338444

I don't know if this is part of the grounding wire, or simply there to keep the harness from bouncing around. Either way, it was dislodged when I was messing with the u joints. I've casually played with the center diff lock button since reconnecting the harness and it's working fine now. Does anybody know if this connector is part of grounding the accumulator? 4-Lo has always worked fine.

2. I believe I properly diagnosed bad u-joints. I've been having intermittent cabin vibrations for the past few months. After installing new accumulators, AHC fluid swap, and eliminating other front end suspension issues, I found play in the u-joints while working on the zerks. Admittedly, I haven't greased zerks in ~30k miles of ownership, and who knows the last time they were done. I don't have the stones/time/skill to do it myself, but will report back on it once @aljollano takes a look
You just reminded me, I removed the grounding wire to installed my skids from @turbo8.

@turbo8 I do not think I reconnected my grounding wire after removing the OEM skid, where did you put it once you installed your skids?

You just reminded me, I removed the grounding wire to installed my skids from @turbo8.

@turbo8 I do not think I reconnected my grounding wire after removing the OEM skid, where did you put it once you installed your skids?
Did you unbolt the grounding wire or unclip it from the factory tcase guard? It should just be left un-clipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom