What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (30 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

61B8DA2D-0EA0-4FBB-9D8F-E5183B41E5F5.jpeg

lubed the driveshafts and swapped out the fluid in both diffs and the transfer case

I can't wait for snow lol so I can try dropping to 8-10 psi
Have you had the chance to air them down in the snow? I just got back from a trip to the sierras and had my bead grips down to 12 psi on some snow and rocky trails, they did fantastic. Initially I drove a couple Miles with my valve core not installed properly after using my tire deflator. Front driver went from 12 down to 5 psi and I didn’t pop a bead. I initially assumed my TPMS was giving me a bad read, I just forgot to tighten it all the way back in. So far super impressed with these wheels and their bead retention.

673A1008-17CD-40CE-A20F-0F303B6813AB.jpeg

2331F46C-24C4-48E5-8077-08B9AB725B04.jpeg

Have you had the chance to air them down in the snow? I just got back from a trip to the sierras and had my bead grips down to 12 psi on some snow and rocky trails, they did fantastic. Initially I drove a couple Miles with my valve core not installed properly after using my tire deflator. Front driver went from 12 down to 5 psi and I didn’t pop a bead. I initially assumed my TPMS was giving me a bad read, I just forgot to tighten it all the way back in. So far super impressed with these wheels and their bead retention.

View attachment 3179993

View attachment 3179994

I did this weekend, down to 12 and was no thing. Next snow run I intend to go lower

I did this weekend, down to 12 and was no thing. Next snow run I intend to go lower

You’ll put that “bead grip“ ™️ To the test for us.

These are a rite of passage I think.

Fitment details here:

7C5D42CD-422A-4750-B7E4-54D360362FD7.jpeg

6F97CBAA-68EF-4BC7-909B-362F0A141B6A.jpeg

C29FFF41-AB8B-4BE7-A0CC-9EC646F3080F.jpeg

Last edited:
Boring but important maintance: for inter webs and historical context, changed oil back on 8/20/2022 but forgot to post up.

Mileage: 210,781
Mobil 1 high mileage fully synthetic 0w20
OEM filter
My bjowette filter housing and EZ drains made it too quick to the point I couldn’t even finish my beverage before finishing…

D9F9E5F3-16A8-4D48-9653-3E5DA2683CBC.jpeg
B10D78CD-61AC-4CEA-8C8E-9D7CCBE65269.jpeg

It is burning some oil, I’ll need to quantify but for now I just too it off a bit usually before road trips since my normal mileage is fairly low outside of road-trips. I already did the pcv less than 10k ago, so was thinking I might switch to 0w30 for next change, and maybe shorten the interval a bit.

Kindly ignore the sun glitter on my now amber headlight lenses… those have been addressed, again… uggh

Last edited:
Boring but important maintance: for inter webs and historical context, changed oil back on 8/20/2022 but forgot to post up.

Mileage: 210,781
Mobil 1 high mileage fully synthetic 0w20
OEM filter
My bjowette filter housing and EZ drains made it too quick to the point I couldn’t even finish my beverage before finishing…

View attachment 3180769View attachment 3180768

It is burning some oil, I’ll need to quantify but for now I just too it off a bit usually before road trips since my normal mileage is fairly low outside of road-trips. I already did the pcv less than 10k ago, so was thinking I might switch to 0w30 for next change, and maybe shorten the interval a bit.

Kindly ignore the sun glitter on my now amber headlight lenses… those have been addressed, again… uggh
Change to 5W30. Your oil consumption will stop.

Well, I added a second 200 to my fleet, picked it up in Kansas City last week. I just ordered new tires this morning (set of five) as the factory original tires aren't going to get me far in a Colorado Winter.

I ordered the Nokian Outpost AT in LT275/65-18.

I picked up an extra Heritage wheel, and will be eventually relocating the spare to the inside, but still need to fabricate a bracket for it, and plan on utilizing the third row seat mounting points for that.

Last week I had new BFG Trail Terrain in stock size added to the silver Heritage, along with the OEM spacer. I tried to get a picture to compare the two, but my parking area is sloped, and trying to find a level piece of ground around here is almost impossible, and the garage is full of machinery, so I can't do that. Also where the new Heritage is sitting, the snow wasn't plowed, so it looks like it's sitting higher.

IMG_20221128_120709203_HDR.jpg
IMG_20221128_120746280_HDR.jpg

Still trying to figure out how far I want to go down the rabbit hole on this? I will likely keep the Silver one at the level it sits now, but the other Heritage I do want to add some mods...

Rhino4X4 front bumper is appealing, and once I relocate the spare tire, add an auxiliary fuel tank.

However, I'm trying to not go overboard on lifts or suspension upgrades, as my purpose is mostly getting through deep snow, and still being able to have civilized road maners on long trips. I may just go with the OEM spacer, unless someone convince me to do more, and with good science, logic and reasoning, not just because it looks cool.

I'm about 5-1/2 hours from Moab, but don't see myself ever doing any rock crawling. I'll mostly use it on USFS/BLM two track roads and trails, and just exploring some.

In my environment and location, the roads can be solid ice/snow packed for as much as six months, which is why I choose the tires I did. Where I'm building a new house, I need to be able to bust through deep snow, and not get high centered. So lifts only go so far in that category.

I have lots of experience driving off road in remote locations, including working in remote areas, and even went through a vehicle recovery class as it was provided (contracted) by my previous employer. I've also had my fair share of being stuck from Georgia swaps, to Arabian sand, and Colorado snow. So the only thing that's new to me is getting used to a new platform here.

This is my driveway...

IMG_20221111_121024935_HDR~2.jpg

The snow is only going to get deeper.

Well, I added a second 200 to my fleet, picked it up in Kansas City last week. I just ordered new tires this morning (set of five) as the factory original tires aren't going to get me far in a Colorado Winter.

I picked up an extra Heritage wheel, and will be eventually relocating the spare to the inside, but still need to fabricate a bracket for it, and plan on utilizing the third row seat mounting points for that.

Last week I had new BFG Trail Terrain in stock size added to the silver Heritage, along with the OEM spacer. I tried to get a picture to compare the two, but my parking area is sloped, and trying to find a level piece of ground around here is almost impossible, and the garage is full of machinery, so I can't do that. Also where the new Heritage is sitting, the snow wasn't plowed, so it looks like it's sitting higher.

View attachment 3180955View attachment 3180956

Still trying to figure out how far I want to go down the rabbit hole on this? I will likely keep the Silver one at the level it sits now, but the other Heritage I do want to add some mods...

Rhino4X4 front bumper is appealing, and once I relocate the spare tire, add an auxiliary fuel tank.

However, I'm trying to not go overboard on lifts or suspension upgrades, as my purpose is mostly getting through deep snow, and still being able to have civilized road maners on long trips. I may just go with the OEM spacer, unless someone convince me to do more, and with good science, logic and reasoning, not just because it looks cool.

I'm about 5-1/2 hours from Moab, but don't see myself ever doing any rock crawling. I'll mostly use it on USFS/BLM two track roads and trails, and just exploring some.

In my environment and location, the roads can be solid ice/snow packed for as much as six months, which is why I choose the tires I did. Where I'm building a new house, I need to be able to bust through deep snow, and not get high centered. So lifts only go so far in that category.

I have lots of experience driving off road in remote locations, including working in remote areas, and even went through a vehicle recovery class as it was provided (contracted) by my previous employer. I've also had my fair share of being stuck from Georgia swaps, to Arabian sand, and Colorado snow. So the only thing that's new to me is getting used to a new platform here.

This is my driveway...

View attachment 3180975

A 2” OME or Dobinsons lift with some 33’s on the stock wheels would be a nice upgrade over the stock spacers. And congrats on the second 200.

This is my driveway...

View attachment 3180975

I'm in Colorado too, but the Front Range. I'm super happy with my bilstein 6112/5160 combo. Currently I haven't lifted the truck, just used them to level it out. You can get a 2" lift out of them pretty easily tho. I've got a Rhino front bumper sitting in my basement right now, currently undecided if I'm going to put it on or not...

This is my driveway...

View attachment 3180975

Amazing. What’s your day job?

Amazing. What’s your day job?

I'm retired, plus I sold my home during the COVID real estate boom. I struggled on the idea of spending money on a second LC, but the deal was too good to pass up, especially with trading in another vehicle that I couldn't sell privately. A second LC is better than the money in the bank that is becoming more worthless everyday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom