What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (52 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What ditch light brackets did you use?
CBI Lc200 ones, but the passenger side one aims down at an angle for some reason. I may have to heat up and bend it so its straight. Also the bracket is rubbing the plastic cover on the drivers side. Does anyone know if the SDHQ or if there are other brackets the may be better?
0243B231-0B5C-4C5F-8B3E-AF4B6793B58C.jpeg

CBI Lc200 ones, but the passenger side one aims down at an angle for some reason. I may have to heat up and bend it so its straight. Also the bracket is rubbing the plastic cover on the drivers side. Does anyone know if the SDHQ or if there are other brackets the may be better?View attachment 3149047
I believe these are common complaints about the "features" of the cbi brackets. I know on the driver's side, people use a heat gun to make a crease in the cowl cover to make room. There are a few threads on it.

Here's one, but there are a few. To summarize, most seem to say that both the SDHQ and CBI require similar work to make fit.

I believe these are common complaints about the "features" of the cbi brackets. I know on the driver's side, people use a heat gun to make a crease in the cowl cover to make room. There are a few threads on it.

Here's one, but there are a few. To summarize, most seem to say that both the SDHQ and CBI require similar work to make fit.

lol its damaged already but lets see if it can be a little nicer with the heat gun. Thank you!

Finally got around to the BudBuilt Slider install. Took much longer than I anticipated but mostly due to my going over their install video multiple times during the whole process. I wanted to make sure it was right the first time, and didn't have a shop that I would 100% trust with this. These are HEAVY and to do by yourself in the driveway, was very slow going.

My back is thanking me this morning......

20221022_122959_resized.jpg

20221023_161548_resized.jpg

20221023_161607_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got around to the Budbuilt Slider install. Took much longer than I anticipated but mostly due to my going over their install video multiple times during the whole process. I wanted to make sure it was right the first time, and didn't have a shop that I would 100% trust with this. These are HEAVY and to do by yourself in the driveway, was very slow going.

View attachment 3149183

View attachment 3149184

View attachment 3149185

Looks great! Considering these very soon but having a hard time deciding on details.. For you, why did you choose dimple die down vs up vs diamond plate? Angled sliders vs steps?

Looks great! Considering these very soon but having a hard time deciding on details.. For you, why did you choose dimple die down vs up vs diamond plate? Angled sliders vs steps?
I may not be of much help to your decision making, I didn't have much of a choice. I found a local guy that traded in his HE and never installed these, they were near me, less than brand new and zero shipping.
In all the offerings out there I like the Dissent Step Sliders best aesthetically and for my LC purposes, however they have been on back-order for a while now and didn't want to pass up the BudBuilts.

Last edited:

And here's discussion on the angled vs straight:

Finally got around to the BudBuilt Slider install. Took much longer than I anticipated but mostly due to my going over their install video multiple times during the whole process. I wanted to make sure it was right the first time, and didn't have a shop that I would 100% trust with this. These are HEAVY and to do by yourself in the driveway, was very slow going.

I did it solo as well and was thinking oh this will take about 90 minutes..it's only 10 bolts right? Boy was I wrong..not difficult from a technical standpoint but it does take a while to do it right. The good news is it is worth it. I have hit mine hard on trail obstacles and they haven't budged.

LiFePO4 (LFP) are far more stable that the contact that Li-ion name gives. The price paid is that LFP's are much lower energy density than full blown Li-Ion's. Auto 3 'Identical" that is not needed What you need in the engine bay is one that is heat and cold resilient. May now have built in thermal heaters to permit charging below 0C. Auto sizing, as you are not running off alternator no need to balance to main starter battery. with only 50amp charging capacity I would suggest wiring charger to a switch to charge one battery at a time.

As Julian stated, there really is no reason to chase "identical" batteries. Especially when you could put one big 200ah LiFePO4 in there and have the same capacity as all three of your current AGM batteries and still have an AGM battery under the hood.

The wiring in a switch with 2 batteries wouldn't be necessary as long as you used your DC - DC charger to control how much draw off the start battery/alternator you were using. This is a pretty standard feature, in fact any DC to DC charger that is over 50amps would get pretty expensive and be difficult to wire for that kind of load.

thanks for the feedback. My AGM in the engine bay is connected to the BCDC, and that battery is connected via bus to the other two in the trunk. The TEXU400 I have is a pretty neat piece of kit. I am certainly an amateur when it comes to these set-ups, but I am not inclined to change anything just yet, but I certainly welcome your thoughts on this. I'll be back in the states full time next summer, but while I am in Europe the LiFePO4s are cost prohibitive.

Cleaned a slow retracting seatbelt and battery corrosion. Also discovered that my recirculating air door is busted and the glove box door latches are sticky, so I know what I will be working on next week.
IMG_9355.JPG
68749123577__EDF65711-2A36-4456-B1F9-07D51C986C2E.JPG
IMG_9360.JPG

Yes, only my driver's belt needed it. I removed it, vacuumed out under the interior panels, blew the seatbelt retractor out with compressed air, and soaked and cleaned the seatbelt. Pretty much took care of the issue!
What did you soak the belts in? Simple green or something like that?

Motor pool Monday, but on a Tuesday lol. I got around to doing my first oil change on the Cruiser myself. I've been wanting to switch over to 5w-30 oil for a while now and I took this chance to get away from the stealership and their crap service as well. I found two missing bolts while removing the skid plates, surprise surprise. This will be my last oil change without a valve in place of the drain plug, holy hell did I have a mess to clean up as the oil bounced out of my pan and all over the back side of the tire and the garage floor. I am no fan of the cartridge style filter either.

Oil pressure seems to be slightly higher at highway speeds but similar to before when idling. I did notice that the drivetrain is quieter altogether now.

JEu9tEe.jpg

8mQV662.jpg

Why 5w-30?

I just picked up an LX570 so I’ve got a lot of research ahead of me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom