CBI Ditch Lights / A pillar light Bracket Installed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got around to installing CBI Ditch Light bracket and Rigid D-SS PRO Driving LEDs. Pretty happy with the install, the brackets work great. Although I did have to trim the windshield cowling slightly. Total install time took less than an hour. When driving trails or step, mountain snow covered driveways in winter at night to be able to see effectively to the side prior to turning is comforting.

The lights the way they are aimed, plus the design of the light, they fill the the space between the bumper mounted lights, the front edge of the 200 and the A Pillar. Plus add wider light coverage to the forward sides. I will find a open flat field at night to take a couple photos. Words really do not do justice to the result.

IMG_0073.JPG

IMG_0074.JPG

IMG_0075.JPG

IMG_0076.JPG

Last edited:
Hey Forrest, did you get any pics of what these look like turned on at night and with the hood open?

Brackets and lights look great! I am curious to know if they added any perceptible wind noise at highway speeds?

upload_2018-8-2_14-30-11.jpeg

Wind Noise? Kidding, without the kit on the roof the ditch lights did not attribute to wind noise- They wired so either they are switched with the hi-beams or independently along with 24 inch led bar on the front bumper-

Last edited:
I sourced mine through TRD Dallas Parts, I looked there and CBI and do not see them listed any longer- I eyeballed the bracket they look close to the 2nd gen Tundra bracket but who knows really without a response from CBI.

I just Purchased these brackets from CBI direct and upon installing them found a few design errors although minor. When installed on my 2013 both sides had clearance issues while rubbing against the windshield cowling and just slightly were touching the hood. The Drivers side was more pronounced in the rubbing and "cutting" of the cowling. Upon repeated hood usage I'm sure the brackets would have cut the plastic in which I'm not comfortable in trimming; Although I will trim the brackets for clearance. On the hood contact, it is very slight but I'm sure with vehicle operation; Vibration will cause marring and eventually corrosion. The brackets are well made and sturdy but you would think that buying a product would alleviate the need for modification unless stated. The Brackets work just be aware of a slight fitment issue.
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg

Not too sure about the LC200 version, but I had the SDHQ's on the 2017 4Runner I just sold, and they were well made and cleared all plastic with no issues (without heating and molding out of the way). Thinking about them on my new Cruiser, but not sure I need any more light (planning 2 LP9's and a rack mounted light bar).

Not too sure about the LC200 version, but I had the SDHQ's on the 2017 4Runner I just sold, and they were well made and cleared all plastic with no issues (without heating and molding out of the way). Thinking about them on my new Cruiser, but not sure I need any more light (planning 2 LP9's and a rack mounted light bar).

Hmm, Something to think about. I have not come across this site before. Think ill mosey on over and see what they have to offer us. Thanks.

Any one know if the clearance issues are still happening with the cbi brackets on a ‘16+ lc200? Any other ditch light brackets around?

Any one know if the clearance issues are still happening with the cbi brackets on a ‘16+ lc200? Any other ditch light brackets around?

All ditch light brackets will require some dremeling of the plastic cowl. The space between the hood and cowl is too narrow. However, after dremeling, everything fits well.

All ditch light brackets will require some dremeling of the plastic cowl. The space between the hood and cowl is too narrow. However, after dremeling, everything fits well.
Thanks hadn’t looked at it that close

Wish I hadn't seen this post... 💰💸

I love how the white on white look so I ordered my brackets from SDHQ, the lights from Rigid and my OEMish push switch from Air On Board. All of this and I'll probably never have a need to use them.

Wish I hadn't seen this post... 💰💸

I love how the white on white look so I ordered my brackets from SDHQ, the lights from Rigid and my OEMish push switch from Air On Board. All of this and I'll probably never have a need to use them.

“need” Blah! It’s only money, can’t take it with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom