What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally got around to fixing the Bud Built skid plate.
Used a floor jack on the skid and was able to get a Dremel cutoff disc under the bolt head and cut it off. Removed skid and was able to unscrew the bent bolt with my hand. Glad I used antiseeze on the bolts.

View attachment 3043416

Pressure washed the skids. All kinds of crud on the backside. Notice the rock scars.
View attachment 3043417
View attachment 3043418

Hard to see, but the main weld for the oil drain door was separated.
View attachment 3043419

Considering I have a Fumoto quick drain valve on the oil pan, really glad I wasn't running factory skids.

Will probably replace this skid section later as it's bent in a few places. Thinking stainless steel.
Nice work getting that bolt out.

The stainless are very substantial, and a good upgrade. But, they are very heavy, so there is a trade off. If I were to start fresh, I'd probaby go for steel engine and transmission skids, and aluminum front, transfer and fuel tank skids. The engine and transmission skids seemed to take the brunt of the beating (on mine).

I removed the ARB Roller Top Roller Drawer (part RDRF1045) Cargo box from the LC200

I'm going to sell it.

It's in good condition. The feld on the drawers has some wear from use, and the back comes with some holes where some electorcits were mounted.

Includes set of keys and the original mounting parts.

RTRD1045-01.jpg

Some wear inside the drawer

RTRD1045-02.jpg

Some holes in the back ( the radios are not included.)

RTRD1045-03.jpg

I removed the ARB Roller Top Roller Drawer (part RDRF1045) Cargo box from the LC200

I'm going to sell it.

It's in good condition. The feld on the drawers has some wear from use, and the back comes with some holes where some electorcits were mounted.

Includes set of keys and the original mounting parts.

Some wear inside the drawer

Some holes in the back ( the radios are not included.)
Did you break any drawer stop pieces in the time you had it?

No they are in good shape.

I have heard of some others breaking them, but I don't know of anyone personally that has.

I would think the screws would need to be loose, and allow them to flop around for them to break?
or possibly installed wrong.. not hard to put them the wrong way with the fantastic directions.

Last edited:
I've got screws loose but not those. Maybe my drawer was defective. I did get it, like new, but still used for $100. Maybe it was a freight auction item that was damaged and had some misalignment or something.

Good luck with the sale.

I just fixed two broken drawer stops on my ARB rear drawer with fixed top and slide out table. Very easy to fix once you figure out best access. (Google ARB fixed top removal for good video). ARB sent me two new stops under warranty and the design looks a little different than the ones that broke. The Tabs look like they are narrower. Anyway they work great and was easy and free to replace. Weird that my left drawer with roller top hasn’t had an issue in over two years but the right drawer did. I went ahead and ordered two more for 30 bucks just to have as back up but hope to not have to use them. In my opinion the roller bearings on these things are very well built and while I had the top off took the time to spray some silicone on the bearings. I would highly recommend ARB drawers for a 200 even with this small issue I had.

Sounds like Stockholm Syndrome. There are so many (better) options out there.
lol. I like the analogy. Although I did have to google it to be honest. Yeah I am sure new products have improved. I do think these will last a long time though. Time will tell.

The ARB cargo draws are great! I have not had any issues with them.

I had 2 full size ones, and then added a 3rd which is 1/2 high as I got a larger Fridge. Then I had 3 drawers, the 1/2 high and the 2 full sized stacked..

but I really only need 2, so this 3rd one came out and is for sale.

I put it in the classified for 1/2 price, but I'm open to offers.

Positive out of the pandemic my kids (16 and 14) started a business. Over the last 2 years my daughter focused more then ever on art and both kids spend a ton of time cooking with me (Growing up and through professional school I worked in high end fine dining). That lead to a art gallery/fine dining tent that they operate out of my LX570. Fridge/freezer, pizza oven, 6 burners, instant hot water, fresh water, gray water tank, 400w 24v solar, 1kw battery, 3k inverter,…. We built it all out this spring and they operated the last 2 weekends.

16EA95C9-1086-419A-A911-84F853692986.jpeg

6BC062A5-6A7E-4B5F-8DFC-5B32EE02FDE6.jpeg

66C18FD6-753D-4F2C-A78D-18C87BFEF699.jpeg

5F6C8A56-A004-48A1-9F63-A4817F1B856E.jpeg

EF56F7A5-B285-45C7-A2C9-A5A3D708DBBB.jpeg

Last edited:
Positive out of the pandemic my kids (16 and 14) started a business. Over the last 2 years my daughter focused more then ever on art and both kids spend a ton of time cooking with me (Growing up and through professional school I worked in high end fine dining). That lead to a art gallery/fine dining tent that they operate out of my LX570. Fridge/freezer, pizza oven, 6 burners, instant hot water, fresh water, gray water tank, 400w 24v solar, 1kw battery, 3k inverter,…. We built it all out this spring and they operated the last 2 weekends.

View attachment 3044411

View attachment 3044412

View attachment 3044414

View attachment 3044415

View attachment 3044417

I'll take sand 'witch' + bacon heck yes

Egg, Beechers Flagship, herb Mayo and Alder smoke bacon on sourdough and grilled. Available in Seward Alaska, one block from the sealife center every weekend.
123456.jpg

If I leave now I should make it there by the weekend!

5 fresh Michelin 275/60/20 defenders to replace outgoing stock size Latitudes with 55k on them.

No issues with rubbing in N.

Immediately noticed a difference in improved ride - likely due to combination of more sidewall and fresh rubber. Less noise on highway and no issues with balancing. I watched like a hawk and it appears no wheels had any issues with balancing. Michelin has absolutely deserved the reputation they have for the finest riding tires.

Shout out to Discount Tire. Great fast service, no up sell on warranties, and knowledgeable folks who didn’t think I was an alien when I asked about torque sticks and torque wrenches.

If only Costco allowed different tires to be installed than factory for N2 inflation and 5 year road hazard warranty.

Pics of boring mom mobile.

9C1F9DFC-3944-4DDB-897F-612634E28089.jpeg

FD90C449-CC2F-4250-B12B-A29430C195E5.jpeg

5 fresh Michelin 275/60/20 defenders to replace outgoing stock size Latitudes with 55k on them.

No issues with rubbing in N.

Immediately noticed a difference in improved ride - likely due to combination of more sidewall and fresh rubber. Less noise on highway and no issues with balancing. I watched like a hawk and it appears no wheels had any issues with balancing. Michelin has absolutely deserved the reputation they have for the finest riding tires.

Shout out to Discount Tire. Great fast service, no up sell on warranties, and knowledgeable folks who didn’t think I was an alien when I asked about torque sticks and torque wrenches.

If only Costco allowed different tires to be installed than factory for N2 inflation and 5 year road hazard warranty.

Pics of boring mom mobile.

View attachment 3045133

View attachment 3045134

Nicely done.

If Lexus had more balls, this is what the cruiser could have been delivered with stock.

If enthusiasts were being truthful, this single mod is probably all we really need to create a more capable cruiser. Without all the compromises many of us live with.

Nicely done.

If Lexus had more balls, this is what the cruiser could have been delivered with stock.

If enthusiasts were being truthful, this single mod is probably all we really need to create a more capable cruiser. Without all the compromises many of us live with.
Agreed. I know you’re a fan of wider tires; however, they get more expensive in 285+ widths and 55+ aspect ratios. Lots of options in the size I bought and negligibly more cost thank stock sized Defenders.

New Cruiser is on 265s as I’m sure you know which look like pizza cutters.

Agreed. I know you’re a fan of wider tires; however, they get more expensive in 285+ widths and 55+ aspect ratios. Lots of options in the size I bought and negligibly more cost thank stock sized Defenders.

New Cruiser is on 265s as I’m sure you know which look like pizza cutters.

I'm torn with the new cruiser. It's gotten smaller and lighter. Loosing the 3-row across the back, and dropping 400-500lbs. Not sure it's the same bruiser anymore , necessitating as big and wide of tires. Almost closer to the GX, which also runs 265s.

When I'm in hot powdery sand, fully laden for overlanding, I'm glad to have a larger footprint to work with.

Finally got around to installing the Pedal Commander. Not sure what I was waiting for, its straight forward and simple to install. I haven't tried any settings, other than City +1 and it is so much more responsive now. I will have to read up on what the best settings are for geography, on road vs off, gas mileage, long trips, etc.
LC200_PedalCommander.jpg

I’ll post this in a couple of locations, but I replaced the steel winch cable in my Warn M12000 with AmSteel blue (100’ X 7/16” + 50’ X 1/2” extension) but not sure what to do about the fair lead / arb bumper combo.

There are a lot of sharp edges now that the 4” deep roller fairlead is replaced. Unless a straight pull (almost never) I’m going to be scratching / cutting my line every time.

What have others done to fix this?

718CE29B-20AA-4029-9CC9-027F83C26BDB.jpeg

5116E78A-F1C7-417F-944C-4C56C8D344BA.jpeg

EBF9869F-850F-47A4-8CEE-74631061C53D.jpeg

DCB4C5AA-778A-4589-A940-EA0C88D91289.jpeg

6F0428FF-C807-4869-AC7E-DAE1F2E4D1B1.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

• ikeb
Back
Top Bottom