What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Probably not the answer you want, but according the the I4WDTA instructors I've talked to, a roller fairlead is better for synthetic line since it reduces friction which is bad for the synthetic line. The best bet may be to put a roller fairlead back on. I run a hawse, but only because my TJM T13 bumper doesn't have space for a roller.

Also, make sure your drum is burr free after running steel. Did you use a constrictor knot to secure the synthetic winch line to the drum?

Added XPEL prime 35% front ceramic tint and keen observers will notice the stock Land Cruiser rack. This will allow me to mount the Yakima Skybox in a better position and fully open the rear hatch. Also did clear XPEL headlight film as well.

917CD28C-E146-431F-9B58-9C4CA5A063A6.jpeg

3302B506-5BA3-4742-9D13-892F84899B0E.jpeg

Last edited:
Probably not the answer you want, but according the the I4WDTA instructors I've talked to, a roller fairlead is better for synthetic line since it reduces friction which is bad for the synthetic line. The best bet may be to put a roller fairlead back on. I run a hawse, but only because my TJM T13 bumper doesn't have space for a roller.

Also, make sure your drum is burr free after running steel. Did you use a constrictor knot to secure the synthetic winch line to the drum?
Thanks - good suggestion. My old rollers were scratched and rusted. Should I replace with steel rollers or poly rollers I see available for this scenario? I’ll stick with Warn’s OEM rollers unless there’s a better recommendation.

Added XPEL prime 35% front ceramic tint and keen observers will notice the stock Land Cruiser rack. This will allow me to mount the Yakima Skybox in a better position and fully open the rear hatch. Also did clear XPEL headlight film as well.

View attachment 3046061

View attachment 3046062
Man I just spent the last three days on the road baking in the sun… my next investment will be on some sort of UV tint. Is XPEL the pinnacle?

I am surprised that you needed new pads at only 39K miles.
I was surprised as well.

Can't speak for the previous owner who logged an easy 12k miles and no offroading.
I don't drive in much stop and go traffic and definitely not one to ride my brakes.
I try to use low gearing for breaking when wheeling and during mountain highway descents.
Truck does see a decent amount of wheeling.
Brake pad thickness gauge just got into the yellow, could have probably got another 10-20k miles but have a few upcoming roadtrips & trail rides, including a trip out to CO for LCDC. Figured might was well throw some new pads on and not worry about it..

Perhaps it's got something to do with all the added weight. She is a big girl, weighing in over 8600 with gear.

2018 LC - BP-51 (2724 rear coils), SPC UCA, Bora 0.75" spacers, Nitto RG LT285/70/R18, TRD-Pro BBS forged, Rhino bumper, COMEUP Seal Gen2 12.5rs winch, Slee rear swingout bumper, LRA 24.5, Bud Built (sliders, skids, shock guards), Trail Tailor LCA skids, ARB dual air on Slee mount, Baja Design LP6 & scene lights, Black Oak LED 40" bar, VLEDS, Yaesu FTM-400DR/XDR HAM, Midland MicroMobile GMRS, weBoost Drive Reach, BlackVue video front/rear cameras, Prinsu roof rack, Redarc (Tow Pro Elite, BCDC, SBI), SwitchPros, Odyssey Batteries (main 31-PC2150T, aux 35-PC1400) w Noco onboard charger on Slee aux mount, Rhino awning w RaxBrax QR, National Luna 60L Legacy Fridge/Freezer, Alucab tilt fridge slide, Escape Gear seat covers, LS KISS drawers, XPEL PPF Headlamps, Kaon shelf, Fabulous Fabrications snorkel, Tuff Stuff Mounted Shower Tent, Goal Zero Yeti 1500x (optional), Starlink RV WiFi

Man I just spent the last three days on the road baking in the sun… my next investment will be on some sort of UV tint. Is XPEL the pinnacle?
Depends on who you ask. I see no discernible difference between the Rayno S9 on my Cruiser or the XPEL on the LX.

XPEL, Hexis, Oracal, Avery, Stek, so many of them out there and IMHO they are all fine.

I was surprised as well.

Can't speak for the previous owner who logged an easy 12k miles and no offroading.
I don't drive in much stop and go traffic and definitely not one to ride my brakes.
I try to use low gearing for breaking when wheeling and during mountain highway descents.
Truck does see a decent amount of wheeling.
Brake pad thickness gauge just got into the yellow, could have probably got another 10-20k miles but have a few upcoming roadtrips & trail rides, including a trip out to CO for LCDC. Figured might was well throw some new pads on and not worry about it..

Perhaps it's got something to do with all the added weight. She is a big girl, weighing in over 8600 with gear.

2018 LC - BP-51 (2724 rear coils), SPC UCA, Bora 0.75" spacers, Nitto RG LT285/70/R18, TRD-Pro BBS forged, Rhino bumper, COMEUP Seal Gen2 12.5rs winch, Slee rear swingout bumper, LRA 24.5, Bud Built (sliders, skids, shock guards), Trail Tailor LCA skids, ARB dual air on Slee mount, Baja Design LP6 & scene lights, Black Oak LED 40" bar, VLEDS, Yaesu FTM-400DR/XDR HAM, Midland MicroMobile GMRS, weBoost Drive Reach, BlackVue video front/rear cameras, Prinsu roof rack, Redarc (Tow Pro Elite, BCDC, SBI), SwitchPros, Odyssey Batteries (main 31-PC2150T, aux 35-PC1400) w Noco onboard charger on Slee aux mount, Rhino awning w RaxBrax QR, National Luna 60L Legacy Fridge/Freezer, Alucab tilt fridge slide, Escape Gear seat covers, LS KISS drawers, XPEL PPF Headlamps, Kaon shelf, Fabulous Fabrications snorkel, Tuff Stuff Mounted Shower Tent, Goal Zero Yeti 1500x (optional), Starlink RV WiFi

That is indeed a heavy gal. I need to get on top of moving forward with my build, slacking.

Just wrapped up a 2,975 mile road trip from Virginia to eastern Idaho in our 2013 Cruiser
E0FD8D48-FCAE-40D8-ACF5-A095BDC563BA.jpeg
770EE972-9BF4-496A-AC01-6B5EBC244AF6.jpeg
E028A0A2-7FEC-44F8-B618-7A551FFB318F.jpeg
8E2CB45F-8AD6-4BDC-822F-6DA2A01C5B52.jpeg

. Lots of great stops on the way. Corn palace ;) ,Custer’s state park, devils tower, and then Yellowstone was still closed so back out of Cody, through ten sleep and looked for some wild horses. No luck, but did find a lot of sheep. Great trip - don’t put it off.

You understand that you are nearly 1,300 lbs (16%) over the GVWR, right?

That's not insignificant.
Yes, both the truck and I need to go on a diet.

FWIW - That posted weight was fully loaded with all my heavy camping gear, fully stocked bar, fridge & freezer, 2 jerry cans of water, both gas tanks full etc. I don't do trails with all that extra weight. I need to weigh the truck again without all extra but seems I never come across a CAT scale in my surrounding area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom