What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I put the Spidertrax spacers on a new LC and could not get the vibrations out after multiple attempts to balance and reinstall the damn things. If you start getting vibrations I would bin the things and move one. They are not worth it in my opinion.

Vibrations? What are these vibrations of which you speak?
I’ve used Spidertrax 1.25” with KO2 285/70/17...Bora 0.75” with Nitto Ridge Grapplers in 35x12.5, and Spidertrax 1.25” again with Nitto Ridge Grapplers in 285/75/17 (34’s) and never had “vibrations.”

I don’t like the concept. Period. You create a moment arm on components that were not designed for it.

Buy higher offset wheels if you want poke. Not spacers.

Your hub doesn’t know the difference between a spacer and different offset wheels

Your studs do.

If you can find an instance of a stud failing when spacers are installed properly, BECAUSE of the spacer I’ll be impressed. People seem to confuse improper installation/maintenance with spacers being a failure point. Guys run their rock bouncers, buggies, long travel trucks, etc., without issue.

If it’s a spacer and a wheel or a wheel with the same total offset, I’m not seeing why your studs care?

Vibrations? What are these vibrations of which you speak?
I’ve used Spidertrax 1.25” with KO2 285/70/17...Bora 0.75” with Nitto Ridge Grapplers in 35x12.5, and Spidertrax 1.25” again with Nitto Ridge Grapplers in 285/75/17 (34’s) and never had “vibrations.”

I have used spacers on sports cars without issues for years. Usually not an issue agreed. I put these on a 2019 with a few hundred miles on the odometer that was smooth as glass on the OEM tires and caused significant vibrations in the steering wheel.

Vibration is a commonly understood term I thought. Maybe not with some...

I reinstalled these a couple of times being aware of torque values and cleans surfaces and so on.

Some are very passionate about spacers for some reason.. not sure why. I think it’s a chinsy way to modify offset and has no place on a nearly $90k vehicle.

If it helps someone then great. If you love your spacers have at it brother.

I have used spacers on sports cars without issues for years. Usually not an issue agreed. I put these on a 2019 with a few hundred miles on the odometer that was smooth as glass on the OEM tires and caused significant vibrations in the steering wheel.

Vibration is a commonly understood term I thought. Maybe not with some...

I reinstalled these a couple of times being aware of torque values and cleans surfaces and so on.

Some are very passionate about spacers for some reason.. not sure why. I think it’s a chinsy way to modify offset and has no place on a nearly $90k vehicle.

If it helps someone then great. If you love your spacers have at it brother.

There are many possible types and causes of “vibration” so not sure why your response implies the word “vibration” is somehow singularly indicative.

Steering wheel vibration. OK. Now you’re getting a little more specific. Is it at certain speeds? All speeds?

Simply asking because properly installed spacers should not lead to vibrations unless something is off.

If spacers generally cause what you describe, then the rest of us would experience that. Since that is not normally the case...question it as the source of your vibrations.

Any of the follow could lead to vibration you describe...none of which implicate spacers as a default “cause.” Correlation? Maybe...but only because methods of installation matter. Wheel balance issues could become more obvious as well...so it could even be that the spacers are letting you notice another issue that already existed.

So...what torque values did you tighten the spidertrax lugs to? It matters.
What torque values did you tighten you wheel lugs to? That matters.
Are you sure your tires are properly balanced? It is extremely common for tire balancing to be off...even right after someone “balances” them. These are all things you can check before concluding that spacers are causing vibrations.

PS. If you are prepared to declare that spacers have no place on a $90k vehicle...and that it’s “chincing out...” to do so... -Then why did you install them?? :)

Last edited:
I've had spacers for about a year now and am with @Markuson that they do not cause an issue. I wheel the 200 pretty properly, long distance driving, towing and there has yet to be an issue with vibration or anything of the like.

Sure don't buy cheap spacers, I can see those causing an issue due to material weight not being equal. Crazy large spacers I can see doing premature wear on hubs, causing issues with lugs potentially.. but a spidertrax on any Toyota wheel doesn't put your offset that low to cause any of the potential issue that people worry about.

The same applies to suspension spacers. 3" spacer can be bad for your suspension and hurt your truck, yet Toyota offers a mild spacer for the front and its within the limits without causing any issues

BudBuilt skids. Arb recovery points.

2DF46CE6-01EF-4297-83DF-6B7B06F4952B.jpeg

246B3EAA-D71F-454B-A6DE-A9BC67FE24F1.jpeg

8FD9A171-3776-437E-B2AE-59A3105DF3BA.jpeg

59C90EEA-948F-4D4F-BAE6-8C5B2F873441.jpeg

I don’t like the concept. Period. You create a moment arm on components that were not designed for it.

Buy higher offset wheels if you want poke. Not spacers.

No problem with that opinion. I feel no need to defend spacers. They are not without compromise.

The only reason I’m questioning the assertions about vibrations after installing hub-centric spacers has only to do with what I suspect is wrongly assigned blame and whether—it’s on target to assume (and pronounce) that spacers cause immediate vibration. Properly installed, hubcentric spacers just don’t do that. We can question additional, leverage, sweep/arc, and etc, but there just isn’t anything about a properly fitted spacer that produces vibration on its own. That vibration would almost certainly require additional factors.

It’s like “old wive’s tales...”
Old wive’s tales get traction because correlation gets confused with singular causation. Lots of factors to eliminate before it makes sense to make black and white declarations about a particular issue that can have many causes.

I’m just a fan of asking way more questions before saying A=B.

Last edited:
What brand did you go with? Happy with them? I see plenty on Amazon but I would rather get something nice if there’s a difference.
Procomp LED rock lights

Procomp LED rock lights
Eric - does the Cruiser have the wiring for running board/ground lighting that can be tapped into easily? There has been discussion of the wiring being present that is powered when unlocked or when a door opens.

Eric - does the Cruiser have the wiring for running board/ground lighting that can be tapped into easily? There has been discussion of the wiring being present that is powered when unlocked or when a door opens.
Yes on the LX, not on the LC. we have to pull the signals from all the doors to make sure they shut off properly.

No discernable difference on driving at all.

I does now rub against the front mudflap a bit. I'll remove/trim it up in a few days along with a re-torque of the spacers.
View attachment 2496162
Go ahead and cut that out - nothing behind it anyway and I put up with it for 10k and then .... razor. Done!

Just had "Snowball" fluid filmed. Had it done at:
Gore Service & Repair
467 W 4th St
Quarryville, PA 17566
(717) 806-5936

Nice family run business.
Jim the owner claims he has owned & serviced lots of Toyotas.

We came from south of Baltimore to have it done which ia about a 1 1/2 hour drive; no one in MD or closer does fluid film AFAIK.
They mentioned they have customers as far away a Wash DC.

Just had "Snowball" fluid filmed. Had it done at:
Gore Service & Repair
467 W 4th St
Quarryville, PA 17566
(717) 806-5936

Nice family run business.
Jim the owner claims he has owned & serviced lots of Toyotas.

We came from south of Baltimore to have it done which ia about a 1 1/2 hour drive; no one in MD or closer does fluid film AFAIK.
They mentioned they have customers as far away a Wash DC.
This is great to hear. I'm not far from Lancaster, so this shop would be reasonably close for me. Thank you for sharing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom