What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (53 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_8342.jpg

Finished up the install of my Dobinsons drawers this morning. Doing it alone was kind of a pain, but manageable. I slightly bent a piece of the frame on the initial fitment, but it wasn't difficult to bend back in place. Seems sturdy so far, but hasn't been offroad yet.

If anyone has a recommendation for a relatively inexpensive air mattress that will fit the full width of the drawers, please share. I have a lot of lightweight gear from backpacking, and my thermarest mattress was super comfortable when I tested it, but I'd like to have something that'll go the full width of the cargo area for camping with my girlfriend.

View attachment 2489508

Finished up the install of my Dobinsons drawers this morning. Doing it alone was kind of a pain, but manageable. I slightly bent a piece of the frame on the initial fitment, but it wasn't difficult to bend back in place. Seems sturdy so far, but hasn't been offroad yet.

If anyone has a recommendation for a relatively inexpensive air mattress that will fit the full width of the drawers, please share. I have a lot of lightweight gear from backpacking, and my thermarest mattress was super comfortable when I tested it, but I'd like to have something that'll go the full width of the cargo area for camping with my girlfriend.
If you can hang on until the Black Friday sales start, shop the Exped Megamat. Not inexpensive, but extremely comfortable 👍

Adjusting the cockpit. Moved the Tekonsha P3 trailer brake controller to the center console ash tray position. Much better and out of the way, as I previously had it in the LX specific cubby at the lower left. Was on the verge of trading this for the lower profile Redarc but there are features, including readout and brake boost, that I like more about the P3.

Left of the brake controller is power for cellular booster with USB plug for phone. Lower aftermarket buttons is a SwitchPros.

1604864608556.png

View attachment 2489508

Personally, you might want to consider two single mattresses...bc with a double, any time one moves...the other is bumped around by the mattress air pressure. REI makes a couple nice ones that should fit side by side.

I like my Exped, but it’s too wide to fit two of them. They do make a double that would fit just about perfectly...but you said inexpensive... To my wallet, Expeds are kinda pricey.

D15D5EA6-073D-43D9-9AC5-835D0FF44F64.jpeg

Bought back this little guy to go with my 200. Long story short, I sold it to a friend 6 years ago because it wasn’t going to work with the kids’ car seats. Bought a crew cab taco, then a 100, then my current 200, but always missed this one. My friend called and said he was going to trade it in, so I jumped on it. I’m driving more for work, so it’ll keep some of those miles off the 200.

Last edited:
Personally, you might want to consider two single mattresses...bc with a double, any time one moves...the other is bumped around by the mattress air pressure. REI makes a couple nice ones that should fit side by side.

I like my Exped, but it’s too wide to fit two of them. They do make a double that would fit just about perfectly...but you said inexpensive... To my wallet, Expeds are kinda pricey.

Thanks for the advice. It's hard to get a good gauge for what will work best—the Thermarest Neo Air mattresses we normally use for backpacking are super packable, which is perfect for trips when space in a backpack is a precious commodity. Unfortunately that also means the mattress is very very thin, so anytime one of us moves in our sleep it's very loud.

I picked up an Exped duo mattress at REI for an overnight gear shakedown trip. Hopefully it works, if not the REI return policy is there for a reason. I'll throw our Thermarests in the truck as a backup.

I picked up an Exped duo mattress at REI for an overnight gear shakedown trip. Hopefully it works, if not the REI return policy is there for a reason. I'll throw our Thermarests in the truck as a backup.

Love my Megamat Duo. Super comfy but a little bulky.

Any rubbing?

Very light rubbing at full lock, either direction, forward or reverse. So far as I can tell it's on the front mud flaps and maybe slightly on the front driver-side inner fender liner. I haven't, yet, taken any action to rectify it as it's very light. I have the front coil spacers that I may install, or I may wait a little longer and install a lift. I think either option would likely take care oft he slight rub.

Very light rubbing at full lock, either direction, forward or reverse. So far as I can tell it's on the front mud flaps and maybe slightly on the front driver-side inner fender liner. I haven't, yet, taken any action to rectify it as it's very light. I have the front coil spacers that I may install, or I may wait a little longer and install a lift. I think either option would likely take care oft he slight rub.

Thanks! I was thinking of the same size and going with mild Spidertrax spacers on stock wheels and no lift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom