What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (65 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well from the files of "When good is good enough" I had my 2013 LC Headlights restored. This was my first experience dealing with this issue. I now have been educated... I first went to a very well respected detail shop in San Antonio that said it would be no problem to clean up the headlights. I also wanted PPF to insure that the work lasted. Well, no problem getting them cleaned up, but an issue with being able to apply the PPF. You know you might be in trouble when the installer starts to ask you questions about how to install the PPF and what product other people were using. HUH? So, we parted ways. Very pleased with the "clean up" job he did on the headlights. I then was calling around and came across Xpel. A totaly different experience when I walked in the door. They had several very high end cars that they were applying PPF. I had a great discussion with the Manager, insured me that this would not be an issue. I now have some cleaned up headlights that cost me around 250.00 dollars to "fix" compared to the 2,500.00 quote I recieved from my local Toyota dealer to replace the headlights. All in all very pleased. Not perfect, but sometimes good is good enough...

Ugly Headlight.jpg

Pretty Headlight.jpg

Well from the files of "When good is good enough" I had my 2013 LC Headlights restored. This was my first experience dealing with this issue. I now have been educated... I first went to a very well respected detail shop in San Antonio that said it would be no problem to clean up the headlights. I also wanted PPF to insure that the work lasted. Well, no problem getting them cleaned up, but an issue with being able to apply the PPF. You know you might be in trouble when the installer starts to ask you questions about how to install the PPF and what product other people were using. HUH? So, we parted ways. Very pleased with the "clean up" job he did on the headlights. I then was calling around and came across Xpel. A totaly different experience when I walked in the door. They had several very high end cars that they were applying PPF. I had a great discussion with the Manager, insured me that this would not be an issue. I now have some cleaned up headlights that cost me around 250.00 dollars to "fix" compared to the 2,500.00 quote I recieved from my local Toyota dealer to replace the headlights. All in all very pleased. Not perfect, but sometimes good is good enough...

View attachment 2433183

View attachment 2433184
Nice. So what about the PPF? Did you get it done and what's the quote?

Finally got a long anticipated mod done last night. My National Luna Legacy 60 fridge finally arrived from South Africa courtesy of Equipt. @Taco2Cruiser This is the route I went. Wasn't sure if I was going to need the red hinges to detach the lid for opening and happy to say I didn't need to install those, lid opens fine and no problem getting the baskets out.

Ran house power into the cab via the grommet behind the right rear tupperware. Tapped into my onboard power in the bottle jack storage door. Can turn on/off via SwitchPro panel in sunglass holder.

I need to get a coiled power cable or some other option as this isn't going to work in the long run. Any suggestions?

IMG_8545.jpg

IMG_8546.jpg

IMG_8547.jpg
IMG_8540.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice. So what about the PPF? Did you get it done and what's the quote?
Yes, I had Xpel do the work. It ended up being 200.00 They also did another car, so I got a little break. Very professional well run group in San Antonio. We will see how well the PPF protects over the years. Next is suspension... Looking to go with Dobinsons IMS or IMCFs, hopefully have that completed next week.

I swapped out the rear ICON springs for some heavier OME ones that'll be better for towing our Opus trailer. Also installed a Redarc brake control.
IMG_1768.PNG

Also time for new TMPS sensors. Total pain.

Actually I have 2 sets of wheels, and in Toyota's infinite wisdom the 200 only stores 1 set of codes.

I recall some 3rd party TPMS models allow you to clone, allowing you to run the same set of IDs across 2 sets of wheels in your LC, do yourself a favor and search “TPMS“ in the forum here.

14 years on Mud, fully aware of search, and the TPMS clone solution. My winter wheels already have OEM TPMS, and I can live with the silly light for half the year. What is also silly is Toyota removing the ability to store 2 sets of codes, like on the 100 series (so I'm told).

14 years on Mud, fully aware of search, and the TPMS clone solution. My winter wheels already have OEM TPMS, and I can live with the silly light for half the year. What is also silly is Toyota removing the ability to store 2 sets of codes, like on the 100 series (so I'm told).
Got it - didn't mean to insinuate anything. I've just been through the ringer on TPMS recently and wanted to spare you some pain. Best of luck. :cheers:

Did some wheeling near Silverton CO this past week! Went up to Buffalo Boy mine before the winter storm came in and then tried to go over Engineer pass as it was rolling through. When I had a hard time making out the trail I decided to tuck tail, turn around and go down. I have been wheeling in this area for most of my life but both of these were new experiences for me. Buffalo Boy is a nice scenic trail. It's pretty easy but the views are worth the trip up. Of course if you enjoy seeing old mining sites this is a must. I've lost count how many times I've been over Engineer pass but I had never tried in the snow. Wow! It's one thing to know that the conditions change things and another to experience how the conditions change things. My Cruiser was solid! I never felt a slip or a wheel spin but glad I made it down in one piece. I turned around about one mile above Animas Forks.

IMG_20200908_102851.jpg

IMG_20200908_105750.jpg

IMG_20200908_110621.jpg

IMG_20200908_111553.jpg

IMG_20200908_111853.jpg

Also did part of the Devil Mountain trail just west of Pagosa Springs. Now I understand why a chainsaw is standard equipment for overlanding/wheeling.

PXL_20200910_153131670.jpg

PXL_20200910_153143845.jpg

PXL_20200910_153152513.jpg

PXL_20200910_154548402.jpg

PXL_20200910_154901951.jpg

...and finally learned how this wonderful forum earned its name. I agree! I HATE mud! This was a humbling and educational experience. While I knew the concept of carrying momentum through a muddy corner like this is generally how one would want to proceed, it is a completely different thing to do this in practice. It took me 3 tries to get past this muddy corner. Crawl control did not work. I'm pretty sure the main reason is it is just too slow even on the fastest speed setting. The rear end just wanted to fall down the slope. I increased speed the second time without crawl control but still in 4Lo. I made it further around the corner but the rear just wanted to slide down. The third time was the charm after switching to 4Hi and staying on the gas.

As a sort of side note to all of these recent posts, I was aired down to 20psi for all of these trails.

PXL_20200910_164249724.jpg

PXL_20200910_165200244.jpg

PXL_20200910_165234594.jpg

PXL_20200910_165537153.jpg

PXL_20200910_165641355.jpg

Also, just before the Colorado trip I added a single compressor so I could air up/down as needed. Worth every penny! The additional traction when aired down is great! There is the added benefit of having a softer ride on rough trails vs. fully inflated. 10/10 would recommend!

IMG_20200901_233504.jpg

IMG_20200901_233530.jpg

IMG_20200901_233628.jpg

IMG_20200901_233652.jpg

Somethings wrong with your fuel gauge. It’s full.
Are you original owner? Maintenance history?

I am the original owner and have the full maintenance history. Just upgraded the console with the 16'in Android unit (pics soon, the wiring harness was broken with a replacement on the way) and a Rhino EVO3 front bumper should arrive in Texas in early Oct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom