What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Icon Vector 5s, 285/75/17 KO2s, and Slee sliders

5EBB3DBF-0F3F-4D07-A164-61D794F34912.jpeg

Ha! Yeah, we had planned to do it while it was on the rack st Ben’s shop, but ran out of time. I’ll take it into a muffler shop this week if I can find one open.

Sweet set up! I picked mine up from Ben on Thursday and I think I saw yours there. Looks even better in person.

Replaced rear LCA skids, driver side was a pain! LCA was a bit forward and giving me trouble to get it to line up. Ended up opening up the factory hole a small bit. Snapped a bolt by over tightening as well. Never should've done that extra 1/2 turn to make it nice and snug.

Then washed both the rigs to keep enjoying the nice weather.

20200329_150329.jpg

20200329_150319.jpg

20200329_154101.jpg

20200329_193056.jpg

You prefer Turd Racing Development ? :rofl:

Turd Racing, hot damn! That’s the kind of out of the box thinking we need right now! I envision a drag strip fashioned out of rain gutters on a slight down grade with a constant flow of water running. With no other sports, ESPN would buy the broadcast rights and I’m sure the folks at American Standard, Charmin and 1000 Flushes would be early sponsors. Imagine the drama of a long and bitter rivalry between the Ex-Lax and Imodium teams. I’m confident Long John Silvers, Dunkin Donuts and Barnes and Noble would kick in as well. Who wouldn’t want to see the American team sponsored by Arby’s, take on the German team sponsored by Hofbrauhaus in the World Championships year after year.

Hazmat suits would already be appropriate for all participants and race officials, so Social Distancing isn’t a concern.

We could also get beyond drag racing and hire the best Hot Wheels track designers from around the world to design gravity based circuits at important cultural sites on all 7 continents* for a true Formula One Grand Prix schedule.

I’m seeing nothing but $$$$$$$ in this one. Genius!

*Antarctica drag times and speed measurements would not qualify for World Record consideration due to advantages of frozen "vehicles' and icy tracks.

Last edited:
Made my own grill light mounts by cutting up my old oem spacers stuff I had in the garage.

View attachment 2255727
Would definitely be interested in more detail on this little project. Been rolling around ideas in my head about how to do this for awhile. Additional photos would be great... and appreciated!

Would definitely be interested in more detail on this little project. Been rolling around ideas in my head about how to do this for awhile. Additional photos would be great... and appreciated!

I basically cut the spacer in half (as close to the bolt holes as I could on each sides), used an old rubber shock mount as spacer to put a bolt through the grille fastener hole and used two shims from an old TV mount I had sitting around to extend the mounts far enough to get the Deutsch connectors in. Not perfect and kinda thrown together, but hey it works and is surprisingly sturdy!

DE76E432-8789-4ABA-9C4A-6599284080A0.jpeg

D8B4BBF6-254F-4DF5-97DB-FC2A265C424A.jpeg

I basically cut the spacer in half (as close to the bolt holes as I could on each sides), used an old rubber shock mount as spacer to put a bolt through the grille fastener hole and used two shims from an old TV mount I had sitting around to extend the mounts far enough to get the Deutsch connectors in. Not perfect and kinda thrown together, but hey it works and is surprisingly sturdy!

View attachment 2255825

View attachment 2255826
Nice. Will be curious to see if you experience any noticeable light vibration on rough terrain with the rubber shim, but a nice solution. I anticipate copying this in some variation soon! Thanks for the idea / input!

Nice. Will be curious to see if you experience any noticeable light vibration on rough terrain with the rubber shim, but a nice solution. I anticipate copying this in some variation soon! Thanks for the idea / input!

definitely going to replace the rubber shim with something more solid, along with the tv mount shims. Just wanted to see if something like this would work!

Over the last couple of weeks. Installed 2019 wheels, Escape Gear seat and dash covers, cup holders and RAM mount telepole for iPad navigation, ham radio and GPS.

IMAG3985.jpg

IMAG3986.jpg

IMAG3987.jpg

IMAG3988.jpg

Very nice!

Where did you get your cupholder insert? Also, did you ask specifically for the cutouts in the rear seat covers for the latch attachments? I am very disappointed mine didn't come with those...

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom