What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (35 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@sdnative - how is that console cover held on? I've seen some that have elastic that goes under the arm rest, but they put more pressure on the latch than I'd care for. Would love to find one that attaches differently.

@sdnative - how is that console cover held on? I've seen some that have elastic that goes under the arm rest, but they put more pressure on the latch than I'd care for. Would love to find one that attaches differently.

Elastic straps. I also wished it attached differently.

There are pictures in this thread.

Needs some hooks on elastic that hook over the edges of the console top cover.

I mounted an ARB fuel can carrier on my Rhino rack and got some of the 360 lighting lights mounted. The rear brackets are on back order so that will be on pause for a couple of days.

I'm still planning on my AK trip so I have plenty to do.

Although I have a 40 gallon aux tank. , I feel better being able to have some extra gas ,just in case, like if the transfer pump fails .

IMG_20200402_190546364_HDR.jpg1.jpg

IMG_20200402_190554316_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200402_190605068_HDR.jpg

I mounted an ARB fuel can carrier on my Rhino rack and got some of the 360 lighting lights mounted. The rear brackets are on back order so that will be on pause for a couple of days.
Although I have a 40 gallon aux tank. , I feel better being able to have some extra gas ,just in case, like if the transfer pump fails .
Maybe carry a siphon instead? Like the lights I’ll go look at that brand

My 200 hid in the garage away from the salt all winter. It wasn't even that bad of a winter here, just thought the cruiser gods would get mad at me for taking a SoCal truck through the PA salt. Got it out and cleaned up and put a few miles on it yesterday!

7CAA39B1-EA3C-4815-8C64-052D4070CFFC.jpeg

My 200 hid in the garage away from the salt all winter. It wasn't even that bad of a winter here, just thought the cruiser gods would get mad at me for taking a SoCal truck through the PA salt. Got it out and cleaned up and put a few miles on it yesterday!

View attachment 2258688

Man, that silver really looks great, with the black add-ons.

Looks to me like you need the front spacers installed?

Thanks!

No to the spacers, the cargo area will get a drawer system and fridge and our off road trailer has a tongue weight of about 350 pounds so should sit Level when loaded up and ready to do something more exciting than drive to the office!

I'm still planning on my AK trip so I have plenty to do.

View attachment 2258487

Looks good, I bought the Frontrunner mount and purchased a second green jerry can like yours but the seam on the tank is flared out instead of inset like my red can so it wouldn't lay flat in the mount. I didn't have time to return the green can and order another one but it doesn't work well with the frontrunner mount and will order another before the next trip. I put a strap around them for insurance this time to keep them tight other than that they worked great for our recent trip the gas stops were far and few on the route we were on so they came in handy and kept us from back tracking an hour out of the way for fuel. All the best on your AK trip :cheers:
20200403_122833.jpg

Last edited:
Installed the front runner fairing while waiting on parts to finish up my valve cover reseal.

48C14951-EAC7-409E-A3B0-59E9AF3ABC00.jpeg

Not a bad idea. I had two fail before I replaced it with a more robust, faster pump.

Maybe carry a siphon instead?

Have you seen how the LRA tanks are plumbed? Not realistic to siphon from it. I think I remember @Markuson mentioned he was (or maybe did) add another tee off the supply line to fill other accessories easily. This would be a good way to fill cans if the pump fails.

Swapped out the steering gear rack.
220k miles and it was loose, made weird noises and started to leak.

Total pain in the @$$ job. Had to remove CVs, front diff and old rack. Oddly, the aftermarket BDS sway bar links cleared the old steering rack, and the new one hit horribly.
Had to re-install the OEM sway bar links.

View attachment 2246858

At 220k - have you replace the transmission fluid? Drain and fill or fluid exchange thru the front cooler?

Mr Brown Shorts showed up on Friday with a couple of heavy boxes, more goodies for the Cruiser.

IMG_20200404_160233.jpg

Spent the day yesterday getting everything installed. Fronts:
IMG_20200404_210654.jpg

Rears:
IMG_20200404_210547.jpg

Have not taken it for a test ride yet to bed the pads. Maybe today.

Oh yeah... when I went out to the garage yesterday morning to start working, I discovered a 6" long horizontal crack in the windshield, starting mid-way up the driver's A-piller. Truck hasn't moved since Thursday (it wasn't there then, weekly grocery run). WTF... how does that happen?

Last edited:
A siphon only works when tank with gas is physically higher than the receiving tank.
A transfer siphon. $20ish. Not gravity siphon. Anyway it sounds the piping tubes is not conducive to it.

A transfer siphon. $20ish. Not gravity siphon. Anyway it sounds the piping tubes is not conducive to it.
Any type of siphon relies on gravity to do the work. If it doesn't rely on gravity, it's a pump, and requires motivation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom