What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (47 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Meh, I still use mine with an impact. No issues.

Ya, I did crack one spline adapter, but ONLY because a knuckle-headed shop WAY over torqued them.

An impact wrench is less likely to break something than a breaker bar. I keep a Ryobi 18V one in my truck with socket adapters for the lug wrench.

Last edited:
Good for changing wheels much quicker than the stock toolkit.

This is the adapter I used.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FT26IGS

29AC0AAA-0851-472C-8E3E-0666B1B0F2CA.jpeg

Last edited:
This lives in one of my drawers:

IMG_20180322_093347.jpg

You do not need to remove the Rock Warrior ring to mount a wheel even though the manual says to. It's not even a fraction of a mm larger than the wheel.

Last edited:
I really love the look and feel of these RW wheels, but geez they are a PITA sometimes.

I had my new KO2 spare mounted on my 5th RW last week at the biggest dealer near me, and they had no knowledge how to work on them. Fortunately I had the Toyota TRD tech doc printed and handed it to them, explaining they had to remove the ring to mount the tire (as I requested). They had never heard of doing that.

I really wish that splined socket could be snapped onto a 1/2" wrench, you have to use it with a 22mm socket. I get that you shouldn't use it with an impact gun, but it sure makes it awkward when doing the final torque. Stupid things keeps falling out of the socket, I ended up stuffing some electrical tape into the socket so it would stay put.

This lives in one of my drawers:

View attachment 1676222

I view this as both a convenience and safety item, less time on the side of the road.

New brake pads and rotors all around w/new front caliper$.
IMG_20180411_165711-X3.jpg

IMG_20180411_165747-X3.jpg

Last edited:
I'm continually amazed at these horrible Yoyota dealership tales.

Never seen a Rock Warrior spline adapter??? Holy poop... That's nuts.

My dealer is great. $37 oil change yesterday.

To anyone in the San Diego area...talk to Simo at the service counter. Mention he was recommended by Mark the Land Cruiser guy, and you'll be pleased with the job he does. Straight shooter...tells you when you DON'T need stuff, and just a really good person.

If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a million times. The worst part of owning a Land Cruiser is the Toyota dealership! UGH!

If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a million times. The worst part of owning a Land Cruiser is the Toyota dealership! UGH!

Not at my dealership.
Toyota of El Cajon here in San Diego County.
Good folks. Never had a bad experience with them in 15 years.

I know there's good dealers out there somewhere, but in Houston we live in the land of large-volume dealers with techs, not mechanics. They try and turn service into an assembly line - and I've seen it all. "What is KDSS?" "They don't put V-8s in the Highlander." I've seen brow beating by the service writer of someone who probably didn't have the best mastery of English or was ESL about not getting more service added to their ticket.

I googled an image of El Cajon Toyota. The last dealer I went to in Houston was literally 10x the size of your dealership. Definitely envious.

And I get it, a dealer is not making money chasing down KDSS leans or glovebox rattles. You're making a few bucks on an oil change and trying to do as many as possible. What bugs me though is that you pay all this money for a car and get the same (terrible) customer service that someone with a $20k Corolla gets. At least when my father brought his Corvette into the Chevrolet dealer for service the mechanic had been specifically trained on them.

I'm going to try the Lexus dealer for an oil change and non-warranty work as recommended by multiple MUD users.

That took a real ranty turn... so to keep on track: what'd I have done to my 200 this week? I took it on a 900 mile drive into the Texas Big Country and enjoyed the heck out of it!

Actually, imo our local dealership, Camelback Toyota / CBT is one of the best things about owning the truck. They know them so well and wrench on so many types, that I can rest assured that it'll be done and done right. Also they have no issues about working on lifted / modded rigs. Rare thing these days!

x2 on the oil change less than 50 or so for full syn/filter. They're big on LC's and the club discounts.

Last edited:
Blatant is right about camelback, but we are super spoiled.
The service manager us a cruiser guy, very active in the community and several of the mechanics are off roaders familiar with lifted trucks.

Mark is in a similar circumstance. El Cajon California is the birthplace of lifted trucks. I'll bet just about every mechanic there is rocking a prerunner with 9" lift in the front and 2" out back.....cali style.

The lead service manager asked me if I still have the "air suspension installed". Wrong on multiple levels. Toyota of Bountiful is better (apparently they have some cruiser people) but I'm not driving all the way down there.

Mark Miller Downtown has a Cruiserhead tech if you know who to ask for...;)

Santa Margarita Toyota has said they have a new LC tech. I’ll stop by and talk to him to confirm.

Blatant is right about camelback, but we are super spoiled.
The service manager us a cruiser guy, very active in the community and several of the mechanics are off roaders familiar with lifted trucks.

Mark is in a similar circumstance. El Cajon California is the birthplace of lifted trucks. I'll bet just about every mechanic there is rocking a prerunner with 9" lift in the front and 2" out back.....cali style.

The owner of Toyota of El Cajon (and Honda of El Cajon) is definitely a Land Cruiser guy.
Wanted to buy my rig. :)

You should see the sweet 40 he has sitting in his hallway at the dealership.
All stock...just about perfect.

With a distinct lack of tie-down points with second row seats removed...
...here's my solution for having multiple points. Took a good deal of chain-link compressions in a vice to create an absolutely taught chain, but it came out really well. Zero rattle or movement...and used existing bolts on my ARB drawers:

Actually this might make a really cool, cheap means of unlimited anchors on a set of drawer-tops too, but I already have a crazy tie-down setup there.

IMG_5658.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom