What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (30 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The trasheroo is really a s*** product. Great idea, terrible quality and design. Three buckles broke and the front flap/pouch ripped open in Baja. Plus, it constantly needs adjustment and keeps sliding down.
I completely disagree with you Tony. Perhaps you could name a product that is better? If you don't rig it correctly it will slide but that's more of an operator error situation. Plastic connections can and will fail occasionally but to call it a s*** product is being unfair. Try tying a burlap sack or trash bag to your rig and see where that goes. I would suggest if in fact it is a real Trasharoo you contact Dave the owner and see what he does. I've had one of mine for 6 yrs and it functions as designed quite well.
Not trying to be antagonistic just throwing out another view of the product.

I wish someone would invent a fabric that didn’t grab all the dust from the desert. Every time I touch my trasheroo my hands get filthy. Normally don’t mind except when I’m trying to trash an empty beer can before jumping in the car and I put all that dirt on my steering wheel.

I concur dust is a b***ch especially when aerodynamics and static charge encourages collection. Just look at the back window. Perhaps someone will find a away to electrically charge vehicle so nothing clings? Play in the dirt ... get dirty.

We all deal with that issue in different ways, perhaps others can chime in with their solutions?

I've had my Trasharoo for about 4 years on a few different trucks, and it's in great shape with original buckles still in tact. I find it to be one of the most useful items for camping as well and usually haul firewood in it down and trash on the way back. Even tied it up in trees and beat it up and it's still great. :meh: I only mount it for camping and wheeling trips though, so it usually only sees a couple weeks of use throughout the year.

QSS-yZDpiWLHi9f9XFqkYsIyZI6dCIVT65OaC51CDMv_c9bF4eaTqYjpRDSEaKaDBL0iMe3McxgeP5kfVO4NaskOt2HOXyOvKxNy68agQN3u6ntYXRfQS9jQwlAz0gPzBHrJFwP71YDO-MiMUIiAL1jJC6twQ7EE-EBo7DwX8wGybGA7mvYzl27KvlMT_CR6U1hei6OwrEDr8zlAQRcOn_poRrRtdY4qUXd6NjrxGxWmnLGdrD8T0BrtjqwF8-GC8KYtvyCAfRt6VlHibsxs2BOIoy86ca_GKPtmyesi4xQLaqrB_xKO6MCYh2myE5Xaw1wNxKJlkafkbsP4J1mYU2JCOYNXtOKXoxlNISPX9yPwxQZ1j2zySYvmN47x1BqRxKXmhklwNGJSwtkvfvWXYo5aZo5PHuxFOzgymN5m6zR0wXV9HVLTksz17n0KQlFrnBlqbysrPsuJU2ySe37efEVpm0UuI6lcY0k4kL5aM02CGUgXoK7rGAqYM4EvVjHBxf3HE3bOm1KPhVve1TSWMPjvB1Ts6pnneho9-4J86sRhF35Y3Gm0ANV8cK8rpFhzSJ97uwnY_L-PcTyFRmT8-pnqSwX1rbm-5JvG9fIT2WN6I_KpQ4FFIvtvroZxAWgNeOWwo_fssTtb3ssvxL50EnIrIMn_XnDL=w1262-h946-no

Nice flask

That must be the flask-a-roo :rimshot:

I've had my Trasharoo for about 4 years on a few different trucks, and it's in great shape with original buckles still in tact. I find it to be one of the most useful items for camping as well and usually haul firewood in it down and trash on the way back. Even tied it up in trees and beat it up and it's still great. :meh: I only mount it for camping and wheeling trips though, so it usually only sees a couple weeks of use throughout the year. QUOTE]

I agree. I love my Trasharoo. It is great if you have dogs so when you pick up the poop you can put it in the bag instead of in the cabin. I also use it all the time when out exploring my local trails to pick up trash along the trails.
The sun has destoyed mine after 3 years, but I leave it on almost 100% of the time and it is parked outside. 4Wheel Parts just had them on sale for $35, so I just ordered a new one. I will try to take this one off more often or park in the garage more often with the 200 series I am building. But if I have to buy another one in 3-4 years, I will because they are so useful.

Cheers:beer:

Yesterday I got the three back windows "limo" tinted using Llumar ceramic tint. Should help with heat and rear cargo area privacy. Today I pulled the ARB drawers from the '17 TLC and put them in my older LX (200 -> 100).

If anyone is/has gone in the opposite direction for the drawers (100 -> 200) I would be up for a swap of the side panel/wing kits. Not sure yet what system will end up in the back of the 200. I have the tools, so thinking I mat try my hand at home-built.

And not actually here yet, but at 7AM on Friday my local dealer will be mounting up 5 new KO2s on RW wheels. Bought 4 and they threw in the spare for free - plus a hefty discount on a new set of TPMS for all 5 wheels - ended up cheaper than Sam's Club or Discount tires. That will allow me to keep a set of highway orientated tires on the original 18" alloys. Went for the OEM TPMS parts after reading some success, and some failures, with cloning sensors. At least I know the onus will be on them to make to work right.

Guess tomorrow I will be doing the spare tire tube-trimming on the mount thing.

I need a better way/place to store 5 wheels w/tires than just in a corner of the garage - anybody with suggestions/pics?

Lost my spline socket for my RWs. Went to toyota to get them to torque down my lugs and get me a new one. They were baffled by the stock Mcgard 8 spline lug nuts despite them being stock RW lugs. No one had ever seen them before including the master tech. A wonderful reminder as to why Toyota dealers are generally awful.

So I ordered two. This is what you need for the 8 spline RW lug nuts incase anyone wants a spare.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007QB5AWE?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_yo_pop_mb_pd_t2

Lost my spline socket for my RWs. Went to toyota to get them to torque down my lugs and get me a new one. They were baffled by the stock Mcgard 8 spline lug nuts despite them being stock RW lugs. No one had ever seen them before including the master tech. A wonderful reminder as to why Toyota dealers are generally awful.

So I ordered two. This is what you need for the 8 spline RW lug nuts incase anyone wants a spare.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007QB5AWE?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_yo_pop_mb_pd_t2

I'm continually amazed at these horrible Yoyota dealership tales.

Never seen a Rock Warrior spline adapter??? Holy poop... That's nuts.

My dealer is great. $37 oil change yesterday.

To anyone in the San Diego area...talk to Simo at the service counter. Mention he was recommended by Mark the Land Cruiser guy, and you'll be pleased with the job he does. Straight shooter...tells you when you DON'T need stuff, and just a really good person.

I really love the look and feel of these RW wheels, but geez they are a PITA sometimes.

I had my new KO2 spare mounted on my 5th RW last week at the biggest dealer near me, and they had no knowledge how to work on them. Fortunately I had the Toyota TRD tech doc printed and handed it to them, explaining they had to remove the ring to mount the tire (as I requested). They had never heard of doing that.

I really wish that splined socket could be snapped onto a 1/2" wrench, you have to use it with a 22mm socket. I get that you shouldn't use it with an impact gun, but it sure makes it awkward when doing the final torque. Stupid things keeps falling out of the socket, I ended up stuffing some electrical tape into the socket so it would stay put.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom