What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This next ghetto project might seem strange...but there's a practical reason.

My goal was/is to anchor two All-Boxes in place of the second row 60% seats...BUT....I want to retain the ability to open both boxes without removing them, and right next to my fridge on the 40% side. This means they must be spaced apart very precisely or you can't unlock the latch. Also going to use them to sleep on.

So I did this (will refine/paint at some point, but I'm in a hurry)...

Cut a quick piece of 3/4 plywood to a rough shape and then traced around carefully placed footprints of each box (shorter box is to clear the wheel well)...
IMG_5660.JPG

By creating a groove that fits their protruding, outer footprint...they are kept EXACTLY in place when tied down...retaining the ability to open their latches & room for the opening lids between them without having to untie or adjust.
IMG_5663.JPG

The smaller footprint box is to deal with the wheel well...and the fact that it over-pals the edge is because I wanted it as far back from the front seat as possible, and also as close to the left passenger door as possible. The gaps allow opening clasps without removal.
IMG_5665.JPG

Later I trimmed the extra off of the front (closest edge in photo--which hangs over the edge toward front seats, and over edge of floor toward passenger door so the smaller box sits level...
IMG_5666.JPG

And...it worked. :)

IMG_5669.JPG

Last edited:
Hardware for my BudBuilt sliders showed up. Tacking sliders to show up on Thursday. :DHopefully there’s install instructions with them. ;)

DF4B85F9-E067-44F4-B54B-DBF6BEAF1889.jpeg

Threw on some TRD pads front and rear. Lubed up the shafts, changed the oil. Bedded in the new brakes, and am pretty pleased with the new pedal feel.
20180414_184936.jpg

I like my trd pads, dirty but stopping bite is nice.

This is more like what I did with everything that I removed from my 200. Second and third row seats, front and rear tupperware, stock sliders & armor and misc parts. I palletized and put up on mezzanine in the barn. I found a pallet that was 4'x6', freed up a bunch of floor space.

pallet.jpg

This is more like what I did with everything that I removed from my 200. Second and third row seats, front and rear tupperware, stock sliders & armor and misc parts. I palletized and put up on mezzanine in the barn. I found a pallet that was 4'x6', freed up a bunch of floor space.

View attachment 1678369

I need a barn...

Things are coming along with my build of the 200! SPOD, National Luna lights, and the Cruiser Outfitters Rear Hatch Release installed.

I actually added the third row hatch switch/handle and a national luna touch light last weekend too! I have an issue with mine however where it randomly turns on and off and blinks. Also most of the time when I try to turn it off it takes about 10 tries before it will fully shut down. I'm curious if you run into any issues or if I just got a bad one.

I actually added the third row hatch switch/handle and a national luna touch light last weekend too! I have an issue with mine however where it randomly turns on and off and blinks. Also most of the time when I try to turn it off it takes about 10 tries before it will fully shut down. I'm curious if you run into any issues or if I just got a bad one.
I will let you know. I haven’t had a chance to really mess with it and that would be a major kick in the face. I did two of them, one red and one yellow.

I have some that have your name all over it.

If anyone has any OEM roof rack crossbars taking up space I'll snag them off you. I could use a couple more tie down points as I plan on milking this stock rack as long as I can.
PM me and I’ll send you mine!

I'm not, but I'm sure some of the local club guys are going. I'll see if someone would be willing to take them up.

Stock cross rail begging continues... :hillbilly:

I'd happily pay to ship a couple extra stock cross rails too!

Any crumbs left? I'd sure appreciate it!

Mark

I have them and I’m in CA. Anytime you wanna grab them, let me know.

Thank you Roy!

Might have to hit the 5 and head up there soon! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom