What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (58 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Built new rear lower and upper control arms, plus pan hard rod out of Dom tubing and johnnie joints. All adjustable and dialed in. I can notice a difference on the way it tracks at speed, plus,I shouldn't bend the lower arm anymore.

Much cheaper than ordering ready built and only took a day.

Nice. Zerks up and out of the way, like they should be.

At about 190,000 miles did the following:

New air filter;
New cabin filters;
Cleaned throttle body;
Cleaned MAP;
New PS fluid;
Chnaged both diffs and transfer cases fluids;
Changed oil;
Drain and fill tranny; and
Greased driveshafts.

To do:

Fix ticking manifold. Will JB Weld work for a while?
Replace AHC accumulators.
Replace timing belt and waterpump.

Anything else you can think of?

Recovered a 200 Serie and a GU Patrol.
Had a great weekend in the mud.

Audio upgrade

Finally...I got Bass!! and iphone 5 connectivity as well as bluetooth audio.

Kenwood 7" touch screen DDX790
Kenwood X500 amp
JL subwoofer
image.jpg

image-1.jpg

image-1.jpg

image.jpg

Got my puddle/courtesy lights back since they were missed after removing the running boards.

Bretthn - Thats very cool.
Can you direct me to a write up for this? How difficult was this?

I added a Kenwood double din with Bluetooth. Wow Crutchfield came through big time. Also threw some front speakers in as well. Now all I run is Pandora through it wirelessly very sweet I must say.
I also was getting a ticking sound from the exhaust sounded like it was in the muffler it was more of a rattle. We have a exhaust guy locally that is great and his prices are even better. He check it out front to back and said everything was great accept the muffler so he installed one today for $125 out the door. Just drove 15 miles no more sound at all. Totally stoked. Oil changed and rubber rotated all in the past week. I also threw in a K&N filter.

Bought truck Two weeks ago so just a couple of more things to baseline. Truck was dealer serviced but need to change front and rear diff. Question the front and rear diff case fluid is that based on mileage or towing? Also how often on transmission fluid?

That's all for this week. Suspension anyone, lol just midden love love love the hundy ride smooth as a baby's bottom.

Peace muddrs

Finally...I got Bass!! and iphone 5 connectivity as well as bluetooth audio. Kenwood 7" touch screen DDX790 Kenwood X500 amp JL subwoofer

Love kenwood products

Drove the car through mud and recoverd a LC200 and a GU Patrol.

IMG_5948_1.jpg

Super50, why did you choose the mono amp?

Super50, why did you choose the mono amp?

I didnt. I told the installer I wanted nice sounding bass, and he suggested that set up.
I like the sound, and its a compact setup which I can disconnect and remove when i need the space. I also have a dial up front to control the level of bass.

I didnt. I told the installer I wanted nice sounding bass, and he suggested that set up.
I like the sound, and its a compact setup which I can disconnect and remove when i need the space. I also have a dial up front to control the level of bass.

OK.
So how are your speaker wired up, directly from your head unit or still using the factory amplifier?

Replaced rear u-joints to remedy vibe noise. Was distracted and forgot to pull the c-clips out. Shattered the old bearing cap into pieces but thankfully did not bend the yoke. What a dummy. Anyway, all is new and I'm happy

image-2532053139.jpg

image-4172251235.jpg

image-2035731270.jpg

image-2532053139.jpg

image-4172251235.jpg

image-2035731270.jpg

Changed Oil, drained and filled radiator, diffs, transfer case and transmission fluids. Changed wiper blades. Winter storm alert in Wyoming. Winter is here...

Developed a popping sound in the rear of the hundy when I first pumped the brakes. I replaced both calipers tonight. I went with the NAPA Eclipse based on recommendations from Mud. Other than dealing with threads that had corrosion coating all went pretty well. We'll see if this fixes the problem in the morning.

image-769773902.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom