What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (33 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Repaired leaking CV boots on the passenger side with clamps from @CruiserGarage

Fast service and saved me from buying a bunch of clamps from McMaster-Carr!
IMG_0810.jpeg

IMG_0811.jpeg

IMG_0812.jpeg

I followed the FSM to a T minus the fish scale method to set the preload. The lock washers are also new with all the tabs either bent forward/backwards over the adjusting nuts. Should I remove the drivers side assembly and re-torque everything?
If the chirping increases and decreases with tire speed it would be good to check. You can just jack the wheel off the ground and shake it. Mine was noticeably lose.

Oh boy, lots of stuff during the past 2 to 3 months. Big dents on the wallet :frown:
- New AC Compressor(s)
- New Condenser(s) yes replaced both more than once. It was a mistake not to flush the system and replace valves in the first go.
- Thorough cleaning of the complete AC system including pipes and new rubber pipes
- New front Evaporator also
- New Condenser and Fridge valves all around (front evaporator valve replaced twice due to first compressor failing)
- New Radiator Fan Clutch
- New AC Blower Fan / Motor due to unexplained fluctuating fan speeds
- New rear diff pinion due to excessive whining / howling noise at acceleration
- New Yokohama Geolander G015 A/T tyres
Remaining to-do:
- Wiper motor replacement
- Instrument Cluster Oil Pressure Gauge is dead and needs replacing, along with the harness that connects to the sending unit and compressor

FZJ100 Workshop - blurred.jpg

Last edited:
Replaced an old Pioneer Bluetooth unit with a Nakamichi with Android auto/carplay.
Nice to be able to use Gaia on the screen

View attachment 3414536

View attachment 3414537

View attachment 3414538

View attachment 3414539
Looks awesome, I believe it fit right on to the place of the OEM head unit without the need of any adapters? Mine needed a special plastic box / adapter and it sticks out a bit and hides the oem clock. I may replace it after some time because I don't like the way it sticks out and also because the bluetooth voice quality during phone calls is not very good.

Head unit.jpg

Looks awesome, I believe it fit right on to the place of the OEM head unit without the need of any adapters? Mine needed a special plastic box / adapter and it sticks out a bit and hides the oem clock. I may replace it after some time because I don't like the way it sticks out and also because the bluetooth voice quality during phone calls is not very good.

View attachment 3415891
You can probably add an external mic plugged to the back of the unit. Definitely helps

You can probably add an external mic plugged to the back of the unit. Definitely helps
I already have the external microphone, it helped a bit but there is distortion at the receiver's end during a call. Most probably due to bluetooth connectivity.

Any thoughts on what I should powder coat 16" oem wheels? Thundercloud metallic body color for reference. I was thinking semi-gloss black but everyone has black nowadays

A lovely Jeep Liberty with a complete douche bag meat sack clueless driver aggressively backed into the front of Georgine a few weeks back while she (once again) was minding her own business grazing in the work parking lot. Unidentified driver who left the scene after being confronted by a bystander never left a note or even flicked a booger on my windshield. The bystander kept my faith in humanity, the meat sack not so much. ARB to the rescue.

IMG_4920.jpeg

IMG_4923.jpeg

IMG_4924.jpeg

IMG_4929.jpeg

IMG_4936.jpeg

Looks awesome! 😎

What did you need to do to get them to fit and any rubbing? How's driving performance? I'd love to go 35's but I'm afraid it will kill the drive-ability without regearing.
I don't blame you for having those thoughts. Mine hunts for gears on the highway whenever you get to hilly sections and I am on 32.8" tires lol. Can't imagine how s***ty it is with 35's. No way I'd do it without 4.88s

I don't blame you for having those thoughts. Mine hunts for gears on the highway whenever you get to hilly sections and I am on 32.8" tires lol. Can't imagine how s***ty it is with 35's. No way I'd do it without 4.88s

Yep, I'm on 285/75/16 now and it's fine on back roads, but she works pretty hard on the interstate mountain climbs. Performance is probably best described as adequate, but not much to spare.

Last edited:
Looks awesome! 😎

What did you need to do to get them to fit and any rubbing? How's driving performance? I'd love to go 35's but I'm afraid it will kill the drive-ability without regearing.

The secret to getting them to fit is:
1) Relatively narrow tires
2) High positive offset

I’m only rubbing lightly on my chunky OEM mudflaps which looks like an easy fix.

Gearing is a very subjective matter. I have an ‘07 with more power + 5 speed (and my wheels/tires are pretty light, for 35’s) so acceleration is totally acceptable for the way I drive. I haven’t taken it on a long road trip yet though so I don’t yet know how it will pull big hills. Engine braking has suffered though. I plan on doing both high and low transfer case gears soon-ish.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom