What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (68 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_0701.jpeg

Pretty boring photo but I completed some maintenance. I finally did my first drain and fill for the transmission. I only drained 1500ml. That’s about half of what I shoulda got, so it was definitely a little bit low from the leaking transmission cooler hose assembly I replaced earlier.

I couldn’t seem to get it into diagnostic mode for the A/T Temp Mode. I just used the Scangauge transmission temp and waited til it got to 115F (it took 30 mins). Then I had to pump additional fluid because nothing was coming out of the overflow. All good now though!

The pump made things super super easy and made filling a breeze.

Also completed an oil change and greased the drive shafts. Engine and Transmission oil will be sent off to Blackstone later this week.

Last edited:
This was last month but I have been really busy for the last 5 weeks. Scored some 860 springs in a killer trade, then added about 1.25" to the front so it wasn't so stink-bug. Rides a little stiff but I have no extra weight in the truck right now and the 3rd row seats are out. Hopefully at the end of summer or early fall I'll be able to get some 33's to fill in the fenders better and gain some axle to ground clearance. If anyone near Long Beach is considering these springs you are welcome to test drive my truck.

View attachment 3382395
I just might take you up on that offer. I was planning to go from the current 2865 to 2860 or 2863. Will let you know wen I can. I live in Carson. Cheers.

I finished the installation of my Dissent rear bumper and swing arm, I just have to wire the trailer connector and back up lights. I think I got one of the last aluminum bumpers (v2). Great fit and easy install. The spare was a real mess when I pulled it out from under the vehicle and required a lot of scrubbing. At least I'm not is a snowy climate. Now I need to get a tire cover.

Chris

20230725_161544.jpg

20230725_161533.jpg

I just might take you up on that offer. I was planning to go from the current 2865 to 2860 or 2863. Will let you know wen I can. I live in Carson. Cheers.
Sounds good. Send a DM when you want to work out a day/time.

At 194K miles, replaced the Timing Belt.
20230725_100252.jpg
20230725_100305.jpg

20230725_100314.jpg

Finally got around to retrofitting my headlights. Used Morimoto Micro D2S 5.0 projectors, XB ballasts, and 4300K 35w HID bulbs. I also replaced the turn signals with OEM clears and polished the fog lights.

View attachment 3383402

I now have a perfectly good set of Depo's with D2S projectors in the for sale section.

View attachment 3383403
Why would you go back to the old style headlights? Aren’t the newer ones way nicer with the bigger and better projectors? And not goofy looking like the old style with the offset projector placement

Why would you go back to the old style headlights? Aren’t the newer ones way nicer with the bigger and better projectors? And not goofy looking like the old style with the offset projector placement

Just personal preference mostly. I like the glass lenses and I wouldn’t say the one piece plastic style is way nicer or anything. The projector size is a pretty minimal difference.

I also have a small dent on the passenger side quarter panel which caused the one piece headlights to not fit 100% right.

I hope this solves the boiling fuel/vapor lock issue.
IMG_1782.jpeg
IMG_1781.jpeg

I still have about 4 sq. ft. of uninsulated area at the back side of the tank, will do that when the additional insulation pads come in next week.
Industrial grade insulation now installed.

I hope this solves the boiling fuel/vapor lock issue.View attachment 3386815View attachment 3386814
I still have about 4 sq. ft. of uninsulated area at the back side of the tank, will do that when the additional insulation pads come in next week.
Industrial grade insulation now installed.

Looks good! How many SF was that and was it enough to do both cats or just the one since it has the fuel lines?

Looks good! How many SF was that and was it enough to do both cats or just the one since it has the fuel lines?
I appreciate it, thanks. I used up 4 sheets / 8 sq. ft and the way I laid it out this wasn’t enough. I need two more sheets (4 sq. ft.) to completely shield the rear part of the gas tank from the exhaust pipe going over the rear differential housing. I believe only the driver side CAT needs insulation since that’s where the fuel line is running closely parallel with (2nd pic).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom