What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (31 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Modified some 9005 bulbs to work in my fog lights and added yellow film to protect the lenses and help with poor weather visibility. For those that didn’t, you can grind off the two tabs inside the connector of a 65w 9005 and use them in place of a 55w 9006. This is a cheap and easy upgrade for better visibility at night. I used to upgrade with HIR halogen bulbs but they have gone up to $25ish each for the reliable brand name ones. I considered LED replacements but they weren’t in the budget right now and the last few different brands I tried on a previous vehicle weren’t as bright as the halogen ones they were supposed to replace.

Another option, I've been using Hella 80w 9006 bulbs for quite a few years in my former Tundra, Sequoia and now in my LC.

Another option, I've been using Hella 80w 9006 bulbs for quite a few years in my former Tundra, Sequoia and now in my LC.
I thought about that but didn’t want to go too high of a wattage in the fog lights because the housing and lens are plastic and I didn’t want to melt it.

Nothing too dramatic but today I took off my quick connect awning mount, removed my roof rack cross bars, relocated my fire extinguisher and ordered a snorkel pre cleaner. Trying to get rid of as much drag and wind noise as I can.

Whelp, I finally sorted out the mishmash of randomly sourced power steering stuff that was previously installed on my rig. Then was abruptly stopped in my tracks by tortoise mating session. Apparently chasing tail supersedes any park use.

Just a heads up for people that might be in my previous position of addressing leaks and replacing power steering lines. Aftermarket and OEM alike are ( at least in the southeast USA/SE Toyota out of Jacksonville) producing only the 2005 and up LC/LX high pressure line with the slightly larger pressure terminal on the pump side, requiring a different banjo gasket (44327-30040) and requiring higher torque spec (61lb/ft) instead of the FSN recommended 42 lb/ft. Leading to random guessing and warranty replacements. 1 new OEM p/s pump, 2 rebuilt (new gaskets) OEM pumps, a new air control valve (cause I broke two removing lines several times not paying attention), 2 new OEM high pressure lines, 1 aftermarket low and high pressure line, 1 OEM vacuum line set, 1 new OEM reservoir, 1 new OEM cap, and new Servicerite aftermarket rack, 1 OEM rack, 555 inner and out tie rods in an attempt to figure the source of leaks. Next time, I will just replace the entire system the first time. :banana::rofl: HA!

Oh, and my tilt and telescoping wheel suddenly started working again without explanation. Motors were replaced six months ago but did not resolve the problem then.

Please don't do what I did. Thank you to everyone that helped me out with great ideas and advice. I am humbled by the awesomeness here. Sincerely, thank you.

View attachment 3238140

View attachment 3238143

View attachment 3238149

View attachment 3238150

View attachment 3238154

View attachment 3238157

View attachment 3238160

View attachment 3238168

Heck yeah! Look at that beast prowling out in the wild! You should be set for a very long time now!

Replaced both hatch lift supports. I know this is a minor job, but this has to be one of the most satisfying bang for the buck things out there. For less than $100 the hatch goes up strong, stays up, and sounds great.

A few things:
1. Really a big fan of Olathe Toyota in KS. Lots of availability, good prices, fair shipping. I'm ordering a bunch more: Olathe Toyota Parts Center - https://parts.olathetoyota.com/
2. Part #s are 6895069057 (right) and 6896069017 (left)
3. Use your driver (with a headcover) to prop up the hatch while you replace the struts. Men's standard length is about perfect.

Dack

Hood and hatch struts I did this morning. Easy solo job and as pretty as my girl is, Amazon prices cannot be beat. Got the rig back from detailing and had the paint corrected and Modesta BC-04 applied all over. Very impressed with how it turned out. If anyone is in VA area, recommend Automotive Aesthetic, they took really good care of me and coordination was great.

Installed new battery, new gasket on fuse box and new shifter led light

View attachment 3235943

View attachment 3235944

View attachment 3235945
Great choice in batteries. Yes I am a little partial I work for Interstate. That code to the left of the date code is also the date code burned into the cover of the battery. The letter is the month, "A" being January and the "3" is the last digit of the year. With Costco batteries for any warranty it has to go back to them, if you had bought a Interstate battery from a dealer you can get it replaced at any Interstate dealer nation wide.

Anyone have a part number for this? I still have the plastic piece, but wouldnt mind just getting a new one after I clean up the rust. It's on the hatch lid on the passenger side.

1675638720330.png
90950-01925

Removed the wood on the doors and center console this weekend. I used a heat gun and some interior trim tools, and just slowly worked them off. I thought there might be some scratches on the plastic from the trim tools, but it looks brand new underneath.

View attachment 3240241

View attachment 3240242
On the Lexus version of the land cruiser, all of those wood trim pieces are genuine wood veneer.

Same on my 2000 LC. There’s a sticky foam adhesive pad, the wood veneer, and then the finish layer.
I'm glad those were there! Those did it's job well by preserving plastic panels for 12 years... till I bought it.

Finally fixed the leaking evap case dripping water on the wife’s feet. Removing that cover was a royal pain in the butt. But the old gasket just fell apart and I had about 2” of leaves and dirt in it so it was a well needed maintenance item. Got it all back together only to realize I forgot to reconnect a wire and had no actual AC.

Removed the wood on the doors and center console this weekend. I used a heat gun and some interior trim tools, and just slowly worked them off. I thought there might be some scratches on the plastic from the trim tools, but it looks brand new underneath.

View attachment 3240241

View attachment 3240242
Man ... this is the first thing I did when I got my '03. So cathartic. Tip: it's easy to get these off without a heat gun, if you don't have one. Just wait for a hot day and keep the windows closed for a while. The only tough part was the center dash vents. The base material is different and the ugly veneers stick more tightly, and leave more glue residue. But they do come off.

Ordered an Eaton E-locker for the rear, Victory 4x4 sliders (I have not seen anyone on here with them yet), & ASFIR full skids.

My wife did not resist at all, actually encouraged...and that terrifies me.

Ordered an Eaton E-locker for the rear, Victory 4x4 sliders (I have not seen anyone on here with them yet), & ASFIR full skids.

My wife did not resist at all, actually encouraged...and that terrifies me.

You've got 7 whole days to return the favor...no worries.

The Wet Okole seat covers I had began to fall apart after 3 years. I decided to try out some cloth covers this time, hoping that maybe they will be a bit cooler in the summer time heat. I found these at Shear Comfort and it took a couple of weeks for them to make and ship the covers.
PXL_20230204_223628006.jpg

Unfortunately the "toast" color I ordered looks kind of pink in the sunlight (I was expecting tan), the covers don't fit as snug as the Wet Okole since there are only two straps under the seat and there is cheap vinyl on the arm rests and rear map pocket :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom