What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (55 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took me way longer to build than I care to admit.

Now onto carpet, aluminum angle bar on the corners, dividers, tie downs, etc
BB0207FB-F375-4B85-806A-6CB237EF264D.jpeg

"I" didnt do it, but I did drive to a shop to get the TB and WP replaced. When I bought the truck I was hoping to attempt it myself but after watching several videos I realized that, at least at this time in my wrenching journey, it might have been too challenging.

"I" didnt do it, but I did drive to a shop to get the TB and WP replaced. When I bought the truck I was hoping to attempt it myself but after watching several videos I realized that, at least at this time in my wrenching journey, it might have been too challenging.
Nothin wrong with that. There's a progression, and eventually it won't seem as daunting. BUT, meantime, you're keeping an old truck on the road, so it's all good. Brakes are a good place to start when you need to. They're easy enough to get to, there's really only one way (please don't prove me wrong) to take them off and put them back on, and it's ~$100 in parts that would be a $300 job for a mechanic to do. Couple hours, some crud under your nails, and it's all buttoned back up.

I've done a lot of different random stuff over the years- still haven't wanted to crack into the timing belt. For me now it's more "do I have time for this, and/or do I have time to have the truck down a while while I scratch my head over this repair?" So I'm kinda 50/50 on hiring stuff out.

Took me way longer to build than I care to admit.

Now onto carpet, aluminum angle bar on the corners, dividers, tie downs, etcView attachment 3102301
Do you happen to have a cut sheet/list or dimensions for your central box there? I wound up having to buy myself another sheet of plywood for the siding I'm making for inside a screen porch project at my house, but 95% of the remainder is going to be the start of this kind of situation. Also- do you have glides under the boxes, or is it the HDPE plastic slide method? I really like what you did with the 8020 to square up the top, too- makes a lot of sense. More than building a whole 8020 frame, I think. 🤙

Nothin wrong with that. There's a progression, and eventually it won't seem as daunting. BUT, meantime, you're keeping an old truck on the road, so it's all good. Brakes are a good place to start when you need to. They're easy enough to get to, there's really only one way (please don't prove me wrong) to take them off and put them back on, and it's ~$100 in parts that would be a $300 job for a mechanic to do. Couple hours, some crud under your nails, and it's all buttoned back up.

I've done a lot of different random stuff over the years- still haven't wanted to crack into the timing belt. For me now it's more "do I have time for this, and/or do I have time to have the truck down a while while I scratch my head over this repair?" So I'm kinda 50/50 on hiring stuff out.
yes indeed! brakes are def on my todo list, they arent quite ready but the truck has largely sitting (i am discovering) for the past two years and it would be great practice/proactive maintenance item. even up here in rural upstate NY im getting quotes of $800 for full brakes/rotors, if not more

Brakes are a good place to start when you need to. They're easy enough to get to, there's really only one way (please don't prove me wrong) to take them off and put them back on, and it's ~$100 in parts that would be a $300 job for a mechanic to do. Couple hours, some crud under your nails, and it's all buttoned back up.

Funny, I’ve done a TB/WP but I’m dragging my feet doing front brakes because I’m not excited about messing with wheel bearings and fish scales 😅

Last edited:
No pics, but yesterday I changed out an oxygen sensor. I am pretty sure it went bad because of an dumb mistake I made. Basically I had a USB Car Charger (plugs in to the cigarette socket) go bad and it blew some fuses. As I was swapping out fuses, I just kind of randomly looked at some of the others. I ended up putting one of them back in the wrong spot (one of the always empty spots) and didn't notice until I tried to drive and CEL came on with some others. Figured it out, moved the fuse back, but ended up with the P0051 code. So far the new sensor seems to have fixed it. Dumb mistake, but I do enjoy learning how to fix new/different things on the LC.
This is interesting as I recently started using a new cigarette socket USB charge and now have a P0051 code.

This is interesting as I recently started using a new cigarette socket USB charge and now have a P0051 code.
That's impressive! an O2 sensor code out of a cigarette lighter? Too many smokes? Imma stop before the Dad jokes kick in. :rofl:

Added slee battery terminals.
Much cleaner looking.
AA8E936D-21B5-41A3-92AE-843358008573.jpeg
25E70271-6CA3-42C4-B53F-0985E9E82EBB.jpeg

That's impressive! an O2 sensor code out of a cigarette lighter? Too many smokes? Imma stop before the Dad jokes kick in. :rofl:
I definitely thought it was a weird coincidence, but I'm sure I have no issues with my USB charger.

Do you happen to have a cut sheet/list or dimensions for your central box there? I wound up having to buy myself another sheet of plywood for the siding I'm making for inside a screen porch project at my house, but 95% of the remainder is going to be the start of this kind of situation. Also- do you have glides under the boxes, or is it the HDPE plastic slide method? I really like what you did with the 8020 to square up the top, too- makes a lot of sense. More than building a whole 8020 frame, I think. 🤙
These are the Land Shark Reef drawers. The main box is 40 inches square.

Funny, I’ve done a TB/WP but I’m dragging my feet doing front brakes because I’m not excited about messing with wheel bearings and fish scales 😅
Maybe brakes on a 100 are crazier than I think- all my other stuff they just peel off and go back on, and the wheel bearings and preload and all that jazz never get touched.
These are the Land Shark Reef drawers. The main box is 40 inches square.
Derp. I thought it just looked a lot like em. 😅

Maybe brakes on a 100 are crazier than I think- all my other stuff they just peel off and go back on, and the wheel bearings and preload and all that jazz never get touched.

Everything is as you would expect other than the front rotors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom