What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (40 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And then the fun..replaced the rack with a new Cardone unit. Not too hard, but trying to make sure the rack is centered was not easy. I also replaced the high pressure line, which was at least as much fun. Still has a bit of whine, when not turning, oddly enough. Getting it aligned as I type.

View attachment 3092146

View attachment 3092147
How much was the Cardone unit? I wonder if it is worth taking a risk with non-OEM with such a labor intensive job!

I got the new Cardone rack for $330 on Amazon. Cardone has a lifetime warranty. I normally see them for closer to $500.

The best I saw a new Toyota was $635, and I couldn’t confirm if I had to ship back a core. It would have a 1yr warranty.

I would have spent an extra $100-150 for Toyota, but not $300. The Cardone unit appears very well made and is a big improvement over the old. If I end up having problems I’ll let everyone know.

BTW, the bushings are rubber and feel good, not to hard or soft on road feel.

I got the new Cardone rack for $330 on Amazon. Cardone has a lifetime warranty. I normally see them for closer to $500.

The best I saw a new Toyota was $635, and I couldn’t confirm if I had to ship back a core. It would have a 1yr warranty.

I would have spent an extra $100-150 for Toyota, but not $300. The Cardone unit appears very well made and is a big improvement over the old. If I end up having problems I’ll let everyone know.

BTW, the bushings are rubber and feel good, not to hard or soft on road feel.
If memory serves it's what I installed on mine although it was the Toyota "value line or Servicerite" but had a Cardone part number similar to the CV axles. I will say that after the bushing mess I had I would recommend replacing them or adding extra washers. I did two (one on each side) to keep bushings installed along with new OEM bushing that wraps around the passenger side. Of course maybe because I got mine second hand there could have been other than Cardone bushings installed. Now that I have it rectified and the rack quit moving around it was nice and civilized. Not a hard install but definitely worth paying someone else to do hands down. I still have the black blood blisters under four fingernails to show for it 90 days later.

New paint

E59A983E-FFA5-49C5-9CFF-E17924E9BA79.jpeg

Thank you. What does it include?
It had pretty much everything for the lift. Shocks and springs, torsion bars, diff drop, control arm reinforcement brackets...

Here's the link below... They have semi frequent sales, so you can get a good amount off if you time it.

Nice! Thanks
It had pretty much everything for the lift. Shocks and springs, torsion bars, diff drop, control arm reinforcement brackets...

Here's the link below... They have semi frequent sales, so you can get a good amount off if you time it.

a lot.

@MountaineerLC
Alright. A quick side pic. My speedo is almost exactly 10% lower than my speed on GPS. MPG are almost the same ~.5 less than stock tires.
5CB8C369-1130-48EA-8EEA-2F4965B09D12_1_201_a.jpeg

Bought this beast in Jan. 2004 with 43k miles. Wife and daughter have been driving it the last buncha years until I got it back a few weeks ago with 380k. Now it’s mine….a hand me down.. me down.

I’ve been tinkering by adding sensor lift, orange parking and fog lights, LED low beam, shackles on front a rear, TEQ badge in front, grayed out the rear badges, added graphite colored 18” tundra cheapos, painted clearcut flaking bonnet, replaced AC evaporator.

Needs a wash and plan to add 275 mudders.

C9179C6C-5CD3-4886-ADCB-8C72931D298A.jpeg
AD52B8C1-F4BF-4B11-9917-E42204BA2BC4.jpeg
8CC67910-EB49-4AAE-B8B1-AD9127845A92.jpeg
B713C7E4-4EA4-459F-8B2C-D3D0AC7AB8E2.png

Last edited:
Bought this beast in Jan. 2004 with 43k miles. Wife and daughter have been driving it the last buncha years until I got it back a few weeks ago with 380k. Now it’s mine….a hand me down.. me down.

I’ve been tinkering by adding sensor lift, orange parking and fog lights, LED low beam, shackles on front a rear, TEQ badge in front, grayed out the rear badges, added graphite colored 18” tundra cheapos, painted clearcut flaking bonnet, replaced AC evaporator.

Needs a wash and plan to add 275 mudders.

View attachment 3093819View attachment 3093820View attachment 3093821View attachment 3093832
We're going to be doing about the same thing with ours. you know, in 12 years when the oldest can drive... I doubt ill get it back though lol seeing the milages on all of yours in your sig makes me hopeful though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom