What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (41 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Throw some gas on that thing and you'll thank yourself later.

Nothing against taking a class if you enjoy classroom learning but you could save the money and put it towards a welder, read the manual and watch some youtube(there is a ton of info on there.) A lot of steel yards have scrap pieces for cheap that you can use to learn on. For anyone handy welding isn't some out of reach skill, you really just need to pick up a few basics than the rest is experience. It may not be pretty at first but if you're penetrating than who cares...
:rofl:

I'm absolutely a child. I'm so sorry.

Finally got all of the parts to rebuild my rear locker. This side of the locking ring has a little wear...the teeth should be squared off like this side.

16496349512256922415161743132251.jpg

16496350562258668450803700314006.jpg

Depo headlights outfitted with moroimoto projectors on my 2003. This is pure class. No more using fog lights to see at night. Really happy with the way they work. Looks cool too.

View attachment 2975878
Did you do the retro fit yourself? If so how bad was opening up the housing?

I made it myself from this pile of metal. I’m going to try and post the entire process here soon. I documented just about every useful step.

View attachment 2977540

Post it here if you would.

Post it here if you would.

Posted here. You did a great job on yours too by the way. You were the only person that I could find that had built their own for a 100.

Averted a potential catastrophe this evening by remembering this site’s mantra of measuring what comes out and what goes in … almost did a test drive with 3 quarts too little ATF in the transmission system and 5 quarts too much oil in the engine … I’ll leave the “how“ to your imagination 🤯

Averted a potential catastrophe this evening by remembering this site’s mantra of measuring what comes out and what goes in … almost did a test drive with 3 quarts too little ATF in the transmission system and 5 quarts too much oil in the engine … I’ll leave the “how“ to your imagination 🤯
At least you kept the right fluids for each one instead of mix them up. When I was in the service, we had a guy put gas in the diesel pickup… not once, not twice, BUT THREE DIFFERENT TIMES!

Although we're still skiing (probably only a few weekends left this season), I'm getting ready for overlanding. Finally installed the MaxTrax mount.

maxtrax_mount.jpg

Going with just two for now.

maxtrax_mounted.jpg

And a shot from behind

maxtrax_behind.jpg

The ski rack will come off by end of this month.

Dang, this is fine work. Instant fan of your work. Will the load/stress on the pivot bearing area increase if you were to move the spare tire a little more to the center to make way for the tail lights’ visibility? (Assuming the rear plate is now relocated on the spare tire).
I appreciate the compliment. I’m sure extending the weight of the tire more toward the center would naturally increase the stress on any hinge/bearing setup. How much more I don’t know. With that being said it would not stop me from building it that way. 👍

U3UGOz2LQsiVoEDOlWbd%A.jpg

Passed a milestone on my way home from a gear oil change after breaking in the 4.88s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom