What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (32 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sold my 80, bought a 2000 LX. Couldn't be happier. Got some 18" Tundra wheels and powdercoated to match lower trim, spooned on some new BFG rubber. Viola!

View attachment 2856907
Great looking rig same colour as mine. i fitted some 200 series 18" wheels to my 100 series but am having some issues in finding caps that are big enough to cover the front wheel bearing covers. Can you suggest a source or a part number for caps that might work?

My parts came, so the dreaded steering rack job is incoming…ordered a water pump and timing belt since it’s been 70k+ miles, and who knows how many years. I figured out my high temps while rock crawling is probably due to 40% of my fan shroud missing. Also the box the rack arrived in was beaten up pretty bad, with oil stains (normal?). Threads still look good.

A380D229-733C-46D5-9143-176A19F7D710.jpeg

172F6D0C-D76B-4460-9337-6BDAA7B9C3EA.jpeg

2111E9D1-9563-4FDF-977D-DE0E6975E305.jpeg

752DA66F-B580-43BF-A236-8B749C917EAC.jpeg

17BBCEAB-F0E9-408B-AB5E-777DF4813E7D.jpeg

Great looking rig same colour as mine. i fitted some 200 series 18" wheels to my 100 series but am having some issues in finding caps that are big enough to cover the front wheel bearing covers. Can you suggest a source or a part number for caps that might work?
My stock 2000 lx caps for 16" wheel still fit. They snap in firmly they just sit a little proud of the wheel itself around the edges. It looks OK from a short distance. Apparently you can also put spacers on and it will clear the newer caps.

My parts came, so the dreaded steering rack job is incoming…ordered a water pump and timing belt since it’s been 70k+ miles, and who knows how many years. I figured out my high temps while rock crawling is probably due to 40% of my fan shroud missing. Also the box the rack arrived in was beaten up pretty bad, with oil stains (normal?). Threads still look good.

View attachment 2857544

View attachment 2857545

View attachment 2857546

View attachment 2857547

View attachment 2857549
I will never understand what the people boxing these parts are thinking when they put them together like that. No way that is all from shipping unless it was delivered by Ace Ventura.

View attachment 2857544

View attachment 2857545

View attachment 2857546

View attachment 2857547

View attachment 2857549
Ouch, was that shipped or picked up at a local dealer?

Shipped FedEx. About 730 miles
I just got a new headlight assembly shipped from a dealer about the same distance away and was disappointed to find one of the main mounting tabs completely broken off. It's a shame to see a $400 new oem part rendered worthless because of carelessness due in part by uncareful packaging and handling. If FedEx wouldn't punt every package across the warehouse, the bubble wrap job might have been sufficient, but as it is, you really have to wrap that sucker up like a newborn to try to ensure any amount of safety during the kickoff.

I just got a new headlight assembly shipped from a dealer about the same distance away and was disappointed to find one of the main mounting tabs completely broken off. It's a shame to see a $400 new oem part rendered worthless because of carelessness due in part by uncareful packaging and handling. If FedEx wouldn't punt every package across the warehouse, the bubble wrap job might have been sufficient, but as it is, you really have to wrap that sucker up like a newborn to try to ensure any amount of safety during the kickoff.
I had the same experience with a headlight for my GF's 4Runner. I was not impressed with Toyota's packaging, with the tab right up against the box. The dealer from whom I ordered it replaced it with no issues, but I was disappointed to see the part ruined. I just ordered a set of Depo lights for my 100, and I was really impressed with the packaging. They had open cell foam blocks on the tabs, bubble wrap in the boxes, and layers of peanuts inside of the outer box.

Shipped FedEx. About 730 miles
No wonder this was delivered by FedEx. In the last 8 months, I've had to fight them to pay insurance money for 3 "very" expensive packages that they destroyed while delivering to me.

Recently upgraded the rear springs from 865 to 863J springs, stink bugs like hell now until we get our camping gear loaded and hopefully a rear bumper next year 🤞🏻 I’ve also made some home brew rear bump stops out of Kong extreme dog toy. Now that the 863J’s are one I’ll be installing these bumpstops soon to see if they’ll last and work for my use.

View attachment 2855884

another option perhaps 🤪

4850534C-6A5E-4CD2-A40C-3ED78FE8A65D.jpeg

Just bought a radiator and suspension bushings from Bell Lexus North Scottsdale. An additional 20% holiday discount starting today, through 12/10 plus free shipping with SHIPLEXUS code. Thanks to whoever posted upthread a few weeks ago about Bell Lexus. OEM rad for $432 shipped.

Finally got my grill the way it should’ve come from the factory! I met Dan @LCDan2 a few months back and have swapped some parts with him. I’m sure a lot of you have seen his build thread. My 450$ 500k mi Lc100 - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/my-450-500k-mi-lc100.1261216/
I asked if he would remake my grill to match his. Couldn’t be happier. The work is unbelievable. Not sure if he wants to turn this into a regular thing and the logistics of shipping grills back-and-forth might be tricky. But I’m lucky he lives close by!

D2CEE257-2237-44E7-A6A9-0E66504C9019.jpeg

52335BCB-2DCD-46E8-A450-717A478F162B.jpeg

8615F02A-011F-4BBD-A6E7-5EB2638DA6E7.jpeg

I really don't know what I did. It started out as replacing the ignition cam and adding trailer brakes. Now the dash is off, the passenger seat and the center console are out, and I found this mess. 🤣😭
Now I have to decipher all of this and figure out what I'm keeping!

I'm guessing most of it is due to an aftermarket DVD setup?

20211201_150632.jpg

20211201_151750.jpg

20211201_150420.jpg

I really don't know what I did. It started out as replacing the ignition cam and adding trailer brakes. Now the dash is off, the passenger seat and the center console are out, and I found this mess. 🤣😭

View attachment 2858986

View attachment 2858987

View attachment 2858988
That is exactly how mine looked! It will feel so great removing all the excess.

on the bright side … found you a Quarter

2F17438D-B323-4831-BC44-BBCFE7E836DF.jpeg

Upgraded tires to 285/75r16 on stock 16 wheels after the suspension upgrade (ironman foam cell pro+ SPC UPC). After the project i don't think i will need a aftermarket wheels as i like the look.
LX470.jpg

Had new AHC Springs installed a few weeks back and noticed a significant lean to the LR side of the vehicle. Figured out my mechanic put the taller spring on the passenger-rear side of the vehicle... Big oops for him. Now I have to wait another week until he has time to fix it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom