What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (72 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Love my Bugout 130! Curious if the BCDC gives you any read out on solar production?
Nope, nothing like an amp reading—just those status lights. Planning to add a Thornwave battery monitor soon that will give me all the data….

2 weeks ago I replaced the steering rack bushings, inner tie rods and outer tie rods. Wednesday I re-indexed the torsion bars and got some front end lift to match my OME 2860 rear springs. Yesterday I replaced the upper and lower ball joints. Still need an alignment, but it feels so nice now. Before it would wander all over the road, on long car trips it was exhausting.

2 weeks ago I replaced the steering rack bushings, inner tie rods and outer tie rods. Wednesday I re-indexed the torsion bars and got some front end lift to match my OME 2860 rear springs. Yesterday I replaced the upper and lower ball joints. Still need an alignment, but it feels so nice now. Before it would wander all over the road, on long car trips it was exhausting.
How hard was re-indexing the torsion bars?

Love my Bugout 130! Curious if the BCDC gives you any read out on solar production?

Like @mdcoa mentioned, the BCDC just utilizes status lights. We do offer Volt Gauges (Dual/Single) that you can add the additional hall sensor to see the total amperage output of the BCDC which could be Alternator, Solar, or the blend of Alternator/Solar output from the BCDC.

Replaced the serp belt today and holy hell, that was a lot harder than it should have been lol. Oh well, now I have a trail spare.

By the way; does anybody know what this residue is on the metals? It kinda looks like coolant splatter but it’s white, almost like that crusty stuff from battery terminals. However, I use OEM coolant, so shouldn’t it be pink? Or is this something else?

55FBF740-92D5-4682-A1CC-091892C0AC01.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone who has real-time info or resource of safety info in the Lake Tahoe area Northern California or Northern Nevada? Would like to get details if snow chains/cables is required we are headed there tomorrow 12/14.

PFA
81674DDC-BCD2-4B3A-A4CE-F9A98CA210CB.jpeg

Definitely not a fun activity putting this on during inclement weather. :arghh:

Last edited:
Anyone who has real-time info or resource of safety info in the Lake Tahoe area Northern California or Northern Nevada? Would like to get details if snow chains/cables is required we are headed there tomorrow...

Finally got my temperature blend fixed. I wanted to verify I needed an actuator before I bought one.
Removed the old one and disassembled, found a couple stripped teeth, after seeing another post I removed the gear, turned 180 and reassembled. Works perfectly now. Having full control of the front temp is great!

16D45B0C-D5B6-4CD3-A1B2-89404AA7BD5B.jpeg

Finally got my temperature blend fixed. I wanted to verify I needed an actuator before I bought one.
Removed the old one and disassembled, found a couple stripped teeth, after seeing another post I removed the gear, turned 180 and reassembled. Works perfectly now. Having full control of the front temp is great!

View attachment 2864903
That’s the stuff that makes this site the best!

View attachment 2864903

Clever! It's great that these can be fixed or purchased. On one of my vehicle types, when the air mix door motors fail, they leave the system dumping hot air into the cabin. That car company discontinued the parts when the generation hit 20 years -- five years ago. I hoarded a couple to keep on hand. Though changing that part is a nightmare on that car. I hope it wasn't too bad to reach for repair.

Clever! It's great that these can be fixed or purchased. On one of my vehicle types, when the air mix door motors fail, they leave the system dumping hot air into the cabin. That car company discontinued the parts when the generation hit 20 years -- five years ago. I hoarded a couple to keep on hand. Though changing that part is a nightmare on that car. I hope it wasn't too bad to reach for repair.

It’s wasn’t overly difficult, the average diy guy could do it. Just requires some contortions to get to if you’re a medium to bigger guy.

It’s wasn’t overly difficult, the average diy guy could do it. Just requires some contortions to get to if you’re a medium to bigger guy.

Would removing a seat would help with the contortions? LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom