What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (83 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Swapped out sway bar end links in the front. Front driver side link had snapped off. :banana: job took about 20 mins in all.

i-C9gTpKx-X2.jpg

i-Xqr38Mg-X2.jpg

Thank you. I just used a Scotch-Brite Non-Scratch Scrub Sponge, Bar Keepers Friend (BKF), and a bucket of water. BKF is a chalky white powder (similar to baking soda). You want to get a decent amount of BKF on a semi-damp sponge (I used the harsher, scrubby side of the sponge) and just rub out the grease and surface rust with several passes. Keeping it semi wet helps, but you'll quickly learn you want more powder than water. On the other hand, you'll know when you don't have enough water. I probably spent about 20 minutes total bringing the tailpipe back to like-new appearance before I rinsed it while also wiping off the BKF residue (otherwise some of it stays behind). Then I dried it off and marveled at the transformation!

Note: it's not meant to be used on painted surfaces. I've always used it on our kitchen sink and pots and pans :D and one day decided to try to clean up a Honda exhaust tailpipe and presto!, I found a new tool for my automotive tool kit.
That’s impressive! I use BKF on a bristled drill attachment for quick and easy scrubbing. Highly recommend it.

Swapped out sway bar end links in the front. Front driver side link had snapped off. :banana: job took about 20 mins in all.

i-C9gTpKx-X2.jpg

i-Xqr38Mg-X2.jpg
Looks great and a simple way to refresh things. Would you mind sharing a link or brand/part info? I'm thinking I'd like to do this as well, and also potentially replace the mounting bolt that has been subjected to the A/C condensation runoff and now is so rusty that it looks like it has been at the bottom of the sea for a decade. Does anyone extend the hose on that runoff pipe to change where the condensation comes out? Seems like an easy fix; just simply redirect it.

Looks great and a simple way to refresh things. Would you mind sharing a link or brand/part info? I'm thinking I'd like to do this as well, and also potentially replace the mounting bolt that has been subjected to the A/C condensation runoff and now is so rusty that it looks like it has been at the bottom of the sea for a decade. Does anyone extend the hose on that runoff pipe to change where the condensation comes out? Seems like an easy fix; just simply redirect it.
Extending the hose is pretty simple. There is a kit available from some venders but you can just as easily make one with some parts from the hardware store.

Had the front bumper, rear bumper, grill, mirrors, door handles and rims painted. Also installed some Rigid flood lights. All of this is until I can get her up to Texas and get all of my accessories installed. Gonna have to drive up from Honduras. She's not bad for a 2001 105 with 260,000 kms. Last picture is what she looked like when I bought her three weeks ago.

IMG_20210805_140742.jpg

IMG_20210805_140903.jpg

IMG_20210805_140721.jpg

IMG_20210724_112510.jpg

Last edited:
man cruiser teq is fast on shipping. Ordered my upper and lower BJ on 8/3 and already got it today via USPS. Now for the "FUN" to begin.

Had the front bumper, rear bumper, grill, mirrors, door handles and rims painted. Also installed some Rigid flood lights. All of this is until I can get her up to Texas and get all of my accessories installed. Gonna have to drive up from Honduras. She's not bad for a 2001 105 with 260,000 kms. Last picture is what she looked like when I bought her three weeks ago.

View attachment 2751043

Any details on the front bumper attachment? I know this is a 105 but I've never seen that before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom