What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (25 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rebooted my passenger side CV joint. It was a new Toyota axle about a year old and probably 15k miles. I did an iron man lift when i replaced them without the diff drop. I may do the diff drop now. It's a messy job but only took me 4 hours with some help
20210803_185320-01.jpeg

Threw out some inferior and/or expired first aid items in the OEM first aid kit in exchange for some better stuff. Also added a North American Rescue C.A.T. and trauma sheers in an Eagle Industries tourniquet pouch, MultiCam. Everything at-the-ready in the center console.

Consider taking a Stop the Bleed class if you haven’t already.

View attachment 2749534View attachment 2749535View attachment 2749536

As they say, you want to be able make holes, stop holes, and plug holes.

View attachment 2749585
Carry a hole puncher? Then carry a plug.

Replaced heater tees, doing this for so many cruisers, mine and customers, i can knock it out in under 10 minutes. Trick is to place a pillow on top of the engine and lay on top to get access to it. I usually remove the hoses itself to prevent the broke pieces from breaking off and falling into the coolant passage.

51357528806_dcf7aed9e9_h.jpg

51358263424_aa510abce7_h.jpg

^^^ah i hate you, my fav color on a 100, looks real clean bro. Tires look kinda pushed in though, any plans for some spacers to bring them out a bit? I ran Bora spacers for years without issues, they don't vibrate and survived a few offroading trips.

^^^ah i hate you, my fav color on a 100, looks real clean bro. Tires look kinda pushed in though, any plans for some spacers to bring them out a bit? I ran Bora spacers for years without issues, they don't vibrate and survived a few offroading trips.
Definitely will consider it. Never used spacers on any vehicle I’ve owned, but can see the pros here.

Looks awesome! What was your process?
Thank you. I just used a Scotch-Brite Non-Scratch Scrub Sponge, Bar Keepers Friend (BKF), and a bucket of water. BKF is a chalky white powder (similar to baking soda). You want to get a decent amount of BKF on a semi-damp sponge (I used the harsher, scrubby side of the sponge) and just rub out the grease and surface rust with several passes. Keeping it semi wet helps, but you'll quickly learn you want more powder than water. On the other hand, you'll know when you don't have enough water. I probably spent about 20 minutes total bringing the tailpipe back to like-new appearance before I rinsed it while also wiping off the BKF residue (otherwise some of it stays behind). Then I dried it off and marveled at the transformation!

Note: it's not meant to be used on painted surfaces. I've always used it on our kitchen sink and pots and pans :D and one day decided to try to clean up a Honda exhaust tailpipe and presto!, I found a new tool for my automotive tool kit.

SparkPlugs, valve cover gaskets, timing belt, idlers, water pump, serpentine belt oil change, coolant flush…. Drain 70 litres of diesel contaminated gasoline from the tank and refill with $5/gal premium to purge any remains.

Next week I’ll tally up the cost and present it to the filling station. We’ll see which is more effort. I hope to get in early before dozens of my small town neighbors get their cars back from their mechanics.

Ugh, Bruce! Glad it wasn't worse! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom