What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (46 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is that the FR LED light bar?
If so, how do you like it?
FR mounts or something else?
It’s not, just a cheap 4WDKing light bar. I couldn’t justify spending big bucks on the bar. I have some Baja designs light pods and side lights and I don’t see a massive difference in build quality or output. I think a lot of it has to do with what LEDs are used, and brand image. It’s mounted with front runner brackets.

Rolled the parts truck on its side to easily get the rest of the parts I wanted. Anyone want the frame? It’s pretty clean.

CF3CD2C2-41C4-4531-8993-1E7187683B72.jpeg

Last weekend, the truck leaked all the AHC fluid after developing a leak in a fitting near the rear passenger side. After doing some research on saving the AHC or not, I decided to go with a conventional LC setup and get rid of the AHC. Primary reasoning to go this route was to avoid having another such failure while on the 12K mile road trip planned for next year(more on that later). I bought the LC springs and TBs from FBM. Shocks were ordered from McGeorge along with all the required hardware. I went with Toyota OEM shocks for the LC. Thankful to both the sellers for sending the parts quickly.

Met with a friend at his garage this morning to work on this. I was expecting to see some carnage from rusted parts, but was hopeful to save the AHC components as much as I could. Within the first few minutes, we both were conclusive that the rear AHC componenents were not worth saving - Shocks, AHC lines, nuts & bolts were rusted pretty bad. After that it was an easy decision on what tools were needed, starting with a Sawzall and graduating to a plasma cutter.

i-DfxvdR9-X3.jpg

The plasma cutter made things go bye bye quickly :D

The rear end of the torsion bars were stuck(more like rust welded) into the adjusters and were not coming out after going at them with a hammer and and air hammer. So, we cut the ends off the TBs, cut a hold on the end caps and them hammered the ends out of the adjusters. LX TBs were replaced with LC TBs.

i-r9CL7zG-X3.jpg

i-Hp74D9j-X3.jpg

i-MZZJrQ6-X3.jpg

After 6 hours, the LX is back on its feet with a renewed suspension setup. Currently sitting at almost the same height as before. But, there is still some more adjustment remaining to lift the LX some more. Current measurements from the center of the axle to the bottom of the fender is 19" on the front and 20.5" in the rear. I do have about 150-200lbs of stuff in the trunk area with the drawer system filled.

i-Kv8XDn7-X3.jpg

Well this has been a lot of activities with my tank the past couple days. Did oil change, grease the prop shaft and got rid of the running boards just now. Looks so much better and less pedestrian

AHC set up high

8EB1357F-A713-41B9-99E9-65C0E6B26D4F.jpeg

I fitted a 2 metre x 1.4 metre Rola Titan roof tray to my existing Rhino roof bars. If Rola made a slightly longer tray I would have preferred that. Sea freight for a fully made up Rhino Pioneer tray was several hundred dollars and a month's delay, so that's why I chose the flat packed Rola (as if fitted in a freight aircraft).

I also fitted LED lamps to the interior courtesy lights. What an amazing difference..... but have spent an hour trying to find the faulty door switch for the cargo door. I will have another look now that I have read the wiring diagram

Next will be LED lightbar brackets front and rear of the rooftray and a new set of diesel injectors.

20210725_130320.jpg

Last edited:
Installed a Walker muffler from O’Reilly today, not the best muffler or fit, but it has made the truck quieter than ever. Definitely a pain to get it to fit in though. Side note, Also scored a nice 3rd Gen 4Runner today.

Pulled the trigger on the Napa special $100 awning... should be picking it up tomorrow.. just in time for my weekend camping trip.

People seem to really like these so far!
Link for this awning? Really interested!

What jack/lift is that?
This is the QuickJack 7000 lb standard length lift.

I also use the truck adapters.

The lift has been AWESOME. Long term, I plan to get a 2 post lift. However, the QuickJack has been amazing because of how easily it stores. Just hangs right on the wall using their hangers.

I bought mine during a sale (like they have going now) and also stacked the $100 off they give you for joining the mailing list. Ended up being really reasonable.

This is the QuickJack 7000 lb standard length lift.

I also use the truck adapters.

The lift has been AWESOME. Long term, I plan to get a 2 post lift. However, the QuickJack has been amazing because of how easily it stores. Just hangs right on the wall using their hangers.

I bought mine during a sale (like they have going now) and also stacked the $100 off they give you for joining the mailing list. Ended up being really reasonable.
Here is a source for good quality and price range lifts. I bought two of the 9k $1500 a tyre changer and balancer when I set up my first shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom