What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (77 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is it the picture angle, but looks to be blocking the left tail light.
Yep, that’s true. I’m undecided on which side I prefer the tire, and the right mount is intended for the tire, but blocks my view more. I didn’t realize the difference in spacing when building the swing outs.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK_MTSA2525, and it seems ARB's optional rooms/accessories attach pretty easily. I haven't seen one in the wild, but a store model looked pretty dang close to my ARB.
Looks like saucebox beat me to it. I was out in the wild this weekend putting it to use enjoying no reception!

IMG_1812.jpg

Does anybody else get mega depressed packing up after a camping trip and heading home? :(

Sorry for the mess, but we had several other things setup around the rig with our canopy up next to the awning and wanted to only showcase the awning as we were cleaning up from our site (before one of the kids photobombed the pic lol).

My impression of the NAPA awning is positive for the most part. It was super simple to install on the vehicle, probably only took about 15-20 minutes with the right tools and you could do it by yourself, a second pair of hands would speed up the process. I recommend NOT installing it upside down, LOL.

My first impression was very poor. I had to make some adjustments to the positioning of the awning on the trail and realized that one of the bolt/nut combos that locks the awning in place was COMPLETELY seized. I have no idea how, it's almost like somebody applied loc-tite to the nylon washer. I ended up spinning the bolt inside the aluminum extrusion which bulged the metal and would not release from the rail, it just kept spinning. I somehow managed to loosen it enough to slide on the rail loosely and completely removed it from the vehicle so that I could use my two wrenches to get the nut off. It was not budging. Will replace later with different hardware.

Aside from that, the awning set-up and went back together relatively easy. Multiple uses will tell and I am only hesitant to see how it fairs against rain.

10/10, would buy again.

(might want to redact that mailing address...) That said, the red CV boot adds 1hp per side, it's science.

Moonroof motor cleanup/ lube- how involved is the teardown/ replacement? Does the whole headliner come out and/ or what's the process? My truck's a similar age and I think a lot of the window/ moonroof tracks/ motors/ etc. could use a good clean. No alarming sounds or anything, but sometimes you can hear the motor maybe a little more than I think you should.
Not sure if anyone has replied to you, but I did a search on "moonroof motor" and your post came up.
I think it is located under the sunglass holder so you don't need to remove the liner.

Pulled off the panel below the steering to access the AHC ECU to disable it after gutting the AHC. No more idiot lights in the dash.

i-gCwKFq5-L.jpg

While in there, I saw a few unused connectors and a mystery component in the pictures below. Can someone shed some light on what these are for?

i-4g6wfht-X3.png

i-HW3NG2d-X3.png

Replaced a few things this weekend.

Wanted to highlight: after replacing the Rear Lower Control Arms and Lateral Control arm, my cruiser handles COMPLETELY different - way better. Small cracks in the road used to rattle the interior, now they're slight nudges. Real smooth. If you are still on your factory control arms, change them! From the looks of mine, its hard to tell they're shot since the rubber is all intact. I still haven't changed the rear uppers, but they're next.

New Rear Control Arms and Lateral Control Arms (rear LCAs shown):
IMG_2711.jpg

Before I put the new ones on, I was a little worried that they didn't need replacing since they appeared pretty normal. But after replacing, the results speak for themselves!

Rear sway bar links and bushings:
IMG_2716.jpg

IMG_2715.jpg

This is the bushing that goes inside the rear swaybar. This was the driver side. Very worn and came out without any effort, so I'm real glad I got this one changed! Passenger side was similar but not as bad.

New front door weather strips, shout to @213374U for the idea.:
IMG_2719.jpg

Doors take a little more effort to fully close and they want to pop open once you open the handle. Definitely a tighter seal and less noise.

Looks like saucebox beat me to it. I was out in the wild this weekend putting it to use enjoying no reception!

Does anybody else get mega depressed packing up after a camping trip and heading home? :(

Sorry for the mess, but we had several other things setup around the rig with our canopy up next to the awning and wanted to only showcase the awning as we were cleaning up from our site (before one of the kids photobombed the pic lol).

My impression of the NAPA awning is positive for the most part. It was super simple to install on the vehicle, probably only took about 15-20 minutes with the right tools and you could do it by yourself, a second pair of hands would speed up the process. I recommend NOT installing it upside down, LOL.

My first impression was very poor. I had to make some adjustments to the positioning of the awning on the trail and realized that one of the bolt/nut combos that locks the awning in place was COMPLETELY seized. I have no idea how, it's almost like somebody applied loc-tite to the nylon washer. I ended up spinning the bolt inside the aluminum extrusion which bulged the metal and would not release from the rail, it just kept spinning. I somehow managed to loosen it enough to slide on the rail loosely and completely removed it from the vehicle so that I could use my two wrenches to get the nut off. It was not budging. Will replace later with different hardware.

Aside from that, the awning set-up and went back together relatively easy. Multiple uses will tell and I am only hesitant to see how it fairs against rain.

10/10, would buy again.

I've had that same issue with hardware, especially stainless. They get easily gummed up with nyloc nuts and seize solid, then the bolt ends up twisting and snapping. I'm not sure if it's due to the hardware quality or tightening the bolts too much, but I've had it happen multiple times. I've since switched to all-metal lock nuts and haven't had a problem since.

Replaced a few things this weekend.

Wanted to highlight: after replacing the Rear Lower Control Arms and Lateral Control arm, my cruiser handles COMPLETELY different - way better. Small cracks in the road used to rattle the interior, now they're slight nudges. Real smooth. If you are still on your factory control arms, change them! From the looks of mine, its hard to tell they're shot since the rubber is all intact. I still haven't changed the rear uppers, but they're next.

New Rear Control Arms and Lateral Control Arms (rear LCAs shown):
View attachment 2741988
Before I put the new ones on, I was a little worried that they didn't need replacing since they appeared pretty normal. But after replacing, the results speak for themselves!
Red Beard -- great to know. I am sure mine need to be replaced. Any recommendations for sourcing the control arms right now?

That's a new one for the books. Which year Tacoma was that molding from?
sorry it took me so long to get this done. I've been adulting and stuff, plus when I found the invoice the molding part number wasn't on there - Of Course!
My life is like a happy little dumpster fire. Contained, not too crazy and most of it is my fault.

Got back safe and mostly sound. 1842 miles, 30 days, 8 people, 1 large tent. Panguitch Balloon Fest, Bryce, Zion, Capitol Reef, Cedar Breaks, Sand Hollow, Sedona (Outlaw and Broken Arrow trails), White Pocket, Paw Hole, Burr Trail, Toquerville Falls, Little Wild Horse Canyon, etc, etc…and rescuing a couple in a 4Runner (3 hours of digging them out of a mudflow). Returned with the steering rack leaking much more than the usual 1 drop per drive, had the top rubber windshield seal come off, AHC continues to hate washboards and weight…Being a teacher doesn’t make me wealthy, but I am certainly rich!

460E67B3-2A08-46A4-A200-6731B680A63A.jpeg

4FD8EE03-F93F-488F-AEF6-C3D50651B141.jpeg

B4C02F77-0F06-46B6-9261-40152BF25003.jpeg

CFCE199E-C2ED-4D12-9422-C9D88E401F3F.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom