What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (52 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It was going to be a hot weekend, so my siblings and I took Mom out of town by the coast for her bday weekend 🥳🎉😁
20210627_110017.jpg
20210627_104032.jpg
20210626_163259.jpg
20210627_112732.jpg
20210627_111945.jpg

Deleted AHC off my 2005 LX470 last week. Getting those rear shocks off is no joke! I highly recommend cutting the AHC nipple off with a sawzall so you can get a 22mm socket onto the top. Replaced the AHC suspension with an OME setup including heavy springs for a 2.5" lift along with the Slee diff drop and reinforced torsion bar mounts.

IMG_6398.jpeg

After that was finished I replaced the original headlights with the "halo" version that can be found many places online. The new headlights are significantly better than the clapped out originals.

IMG_6412.jpeg

Since the tank parks outside and it’s hotter than heck right now in the IE (SoCal) I got a roll of those reflectant insulation and did my front windows. I’ll tackle the windshield when it cools down

8DDD9912-11EB-466F-BE1A-C6F3B8A2AD25.jpeg

F0723C8F-152E-4FAF-896B-F4163D398BC8.jpeg

Last edited:
My 04 470 I just got had these installed and the PO didn't have the motivation to wire up the rest of the headlight assembly for the halos, is your vertical adjustment on the outboard side of the headlight? My driver side is lower than the passenger side and when I tried to adjust it nothing happened.

Last edited:
Feels like 'what haven't I done to my land cruiser this week' at this point...but switched out a number of items after crossing 200k and getting ready to join the masses at yellowstone in a few weeks....radiator (went Denso), toyota red coolant + distilled, both hoses, water inlet/housing/thermostat, spark plugs (2 were stuck, a cocktail of WD/penetrating oil/PB and 48 hours got them unstuck), Denso coils (5 of 8 original were cracked), tube seals, cylinder head cover gaskets and fresh gasket cover bolts (goodbye oil leak), idler pulleys 1 & 2 (goodbye cold weather startup squeak), fresh PCV valve/grommet/hoses/clamps/vent valve covers, and new weatherstripping around the 4 doors (goodbye high winds in my ear at freeway speeds issue). If anybody sees anything I missed, please let me know! Trying to get nice and dialed in for the next 200k! Also big shout to partsouq, gave that a try for the first time and was impressed by both their pricing and the speed at which they can send a box from Dubai!

weekend fun.jpg

Deleted AHC off my 2005 LX470 last week. Getting those rear shocks off is no joke! I highly recommend cutting the AHC nipple off with a sawzall so you can get a 22mm socket onto the top. Replaced the AHC suspension with an OME setup including heavy springs for a 2.5" lift along with the Slee diff drop and reinforced torsion bar mounts.

View attachment 2716271

After that was finished I replaced the original headlights with the "halo" version that can be found many places online. The new headlights are significantly better than the clapped out originals.

View attachment 2716273
Man that looks great! Perfect stance, nice job. What cross bar setup do you have on your factory rack? Lookin to do the same and like the looks of yours. Thanks

Today after sitting on my Ironman 4x4 driving lights for months, I finally had time to wire them up and trim the control box of the winch to make it fit.
View attachment 2712466
View attachment 2712467

Also while I was in there, I swapped out the battery terminals from the old fuzzy OEMs to the SDHQ billet versions

View attachment 2712470
View attachment 2712471
View attachment 2712473
I’m in California all week for work, but I’ll get a novella published once I’m back in Utah and I have all the info like what model year Tacoma molding was used and the shop that did it.
Please do - I'm in Salt Lake and would love to have a similar repair done!

I know everyone has been waiting for my AC update. First attempt was to seal the known leak in the small line going to the rear AC. That did not work, or there were more leaks. So line termination was in order, Dorman line termination kits used. Fairly simple, next step will be taking it for pressure testing and hopefully a recharge of the system.
691F65F8-A21D-4536-B043-3715C43A8A92.jpeg
5F834246-8798-4A7A-82C0-557C8181E605.jpeg
CDEE639F-C836-45B3-B589-FE2521A0184C.jpeg
489F3C6C-89C4-4421-9CA0-9896C6EE6D56.jpeg

Last edited:
Replaced the auto antenna mast as the one that came on it would not fully retract back into the fender, leaving 5 inches sticking up at all times. Quite possibly the most satisfying 3-minute repair I'll ever make on it.

Replaced the auto antenna mast as the one that came on it would not fully retract back into the fender, leaving 5 inches sticking up at all times. Quite possibly the most satisfying 3-minute repair I'll ever make on it.

Did you replace it with another one or go regular antenna? Pretty sure my blown alternator regulator burned out my antenna mast motor so I can’t raise it anymore

This weekend I tackled re-booting my oem front axles. Not terribly hard just extremely messy! Thanks to you tube video by All Tsab for removing and installing the axles in no time. Mcgeorge Toyota with the oem boot kits and cruiser garage with the worm type clamps.
Like I said very messy but so satisfying! No more driveline clunk, that I had when shifting in and out of park. Then topped it off with servicing the front and rear differential, I love the new bags of oil makes life so easy! Off to the obx with the Lexus for the fourth!

nice, mine only goes up 2" or so but I'm using the FM/BT USB charging adapter and I'm fine w/ it. I did however go to www.TheAntennaSource.com and ordered a fixed shorty antenna that replaces the old mast should be a lot cleaner looking as well.

I traded the 2001 LX in with 260k miles. Got more for my trade in than i paid for the vehicle 3 years ago…

This didn’t quite happen this week ( more like 2 months ago). I went through a lot with this Vehicle and miss it a lot. If i had the space and time to build it i would have kept it. With my work taking me oversees and the rust accumulating from before my time, i knew i couldn’t hold it much longer. Someone with far more skills can probably take care of this issue easily but was too much for me to handle. I hope to be back in another cruiser some day.

In its time It had:
all new calipers, pads, rotors, and fluid all 4 corners
-replaced shocks, springs, torsion bars,
-new transmission
new fan clutch
new exhaust
new glass headlights
new suspension components ( sway bar mounts, brackets)
new tailgate (this was extremely tough to find a matching one)
led tails
speaker rebuild kit
backup cam, Bluetooth kit. This really modernized it!

CCB00454-815F-458E-BE14-D29B383C4355.png

F0C75053-19BB-4565-8154-33CB4C15BEE4.jpeg

Replaced steering rack bushings with polypro ones. Overall pretty easy besides being 97 degrees out and doing it on my back in my driveway. Ended up putting the front up on jack stands just to get a better swing with the mallet to knock out the drivers side bushings. Steering is definitely better. Took about 3 hours with having to go to 3 Lowes to get a 19mm flex head wrench. Was able to get the rearward DS bushing off with just barely getting my regular 19mm wrench on it, but it did not have enough purchase to tighten back up. 1 :banana: job, just need some elbow grease and sweat.

This weekend I tackled re-booting my oem front axles. Not terribly hard just extremely messy! Thanks to you tube video by All Tsab for removing and installing the axles in no time. Mcgeorge Toyota with the oem boot kits and cruiser garage with the worm type clamps.
Like I said very messy but so satisfying! No more driveline clunk, that I had when shifting in and out of park. Then topped it off with servicing the front and rear differential, I love the new bags of oil makes life so easy! Off to the obx with the Lexus for the fourth!
Glad to see this. I've got to do mine, too, but am gathering parts amd mojo to get ready for the mess. Might just pull Larry into the garage and drive the s2000 for a few days and take my time with it.

Replaced steering rack bushings with polypro ones. Overall pretty easy besides being 97 degrees out and doing it on my back in my driveway. Ended up putting the front up on jack stands just to get a better swing with the mallet to knock out the drivers side bushings. Steering is definitely better. Took about 3 hours with having to go to 3 Lowes to get a 19mm flex head wrench. Was able to get the rearward DS bushing off with just barely getting my regular 19mm wrench on it, but it did not have enough purchase to tighten back up. 1 :banana: job, just need some elbow grease and sweat.
Sure this a 1 :banana: job? :rolleyes: What year is your cruiser?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom