What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (32 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Half a box of gloves, almost full roll of shop towels, hubs and rotors done. Shout out to @cruiseroutfit, the hub and bearing kit is awesome. Super easy with all the parts.
Nicely done! Sounds like your project was a bit smoother than mine! Glad to hear it. I'm headed out to re-do the passenger side with new rotors since they were almost toasted anyway.

I went into the yard and got my paused-all-winter project LX470's alternator finally disconnected. The old connector just wasn't coming out/off unless I manhandled it, so I finally took some pliers to it. New pigtail for that, some clamps for heater T's and replacement power steering hoses coming up soon as parts get here this week. Hopefully back in the driving rotation by next weekend.

My Prinsu rack went on pretty easily. There are a lot of fasteners, so I would recommend a small impact driver. You'll also need some silicone caulk, but you probably already know that.
So I got my Prinsu rack installed, but checking where and how you put all the silicone caulk ? and did you guys use the bases of the OEM rack ?

So I got my Prinsu rack installed, but checking where and how you put all the silicone caulk ? and did you guys use the bases of the OEM rack ?
I didn't use anything from the OEM rack. I put the silicone on each bolt/spacer (x6 if I remember correctly) to seal everywhere that there's a hole in the roof.

3D7229E8-8B3C-43DF-90CC-18EC03936D1F.jpeg

Took out the worn-out subwoofer only to find out the part I got (which I haven’t opened until I took out the sub) was the wrong part.
F970C2FE-DA43-4AEF-868A-301B97746E42.jpeg

Too big! Welp. Ordered one at eBay this time specific for the MY and est date of arrival is Apr 19, 9 anxious Days :flush:
Now to put back all those parts while I wait.

Officially turned 200k this week and promptly gave the LX a few spa days. Took care of a pesky coolant leak then started on the fun stuff.

-fresh oil change with mobil 1 5w30
-greased drive shaft points
-drained and refilled front, center, and rear diffs with mobil 1
-rotated tires
-got the window control clips from @benc (stubborn drivers side window issues up soon)
- gave her a nice bath and quick wax before driving about 400 miles on a family trip.

Timing belt, water pump, and fan on tap (at the shop) then brake, transmission, and power steering drain and fills. After that on to the AHC refresh and new leather! Planning on seeing another 200k out of this one.

20210402_180840.jpg

20210408_125343.jpg

Prinsu has a great install video on their site and on Youtube. Shows exactly where to seal and what parts you use.

Exactly one year after I put a fresh axle - OEM boot is busted! There gotta be a better way to deal with this :poop:
20210411_120718.jpg

Exactly one year after I put a fresh axle - OEM boot is busted! There gotta be a better way to deal with this :poop:
View attachment 2642128

I have another CV axle vehicle that likes to do this to the outer boot. Seriously wrapping the boot stem and shaft in F4-Silicone Tape when new has helped it hold together. It will take a while for me to know if this makes a difference on the 100 series. You can see how the shaft and boot stems look mummified from being wrapped in silicone. LOL

1618145208973.png

I have another CV axle vehicle that likes to do this to the outer boot. Seriously wrapping the boot stem and shaft in F4-Silicone Tape when new has helped it hold together. It will take a while for me to know if this makes a difference on the 100 series. You can see how the shaft and boot stems look mummified from being wrapped in silicone. LOL

View attachment 2642159
As much as I like the idea, it's about the saddest thing I have seen on a 100 series :confused:
Perhaps I need to reduce the lift in front and try again. Having to deal with the CVs once a year is too much!

As much as I like the idea, it's about the saddest thing I have seen on a 100 series :confused:
Perhaps I need to reduce the lift in front and try again. Having to deal with the CVs once a year is too much!

Are you running a drop diff? Yep. It is sad that they come apart.

Dif drop. Needed. Will improve ride quality too. If already done, disregard.

Yep, I am running a diff drop (Trail Trailer version). I think 23.5" in front is still too much for these!

Yep, I am running a diff drop (Trail Trailer version). I think 23.5" in front is still too much for these!
Can you maintain >50mm of droop with your front cranked up that high???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom