What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (64 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can you share the GTR link??
Here you go; Takumi San

Btt, got the fresh brake fluid for the Lx, I studied carefully the boiling temps between DOT 5.1 and DOT 4, very minimal difference from how will I use the rig, so went for the DOT 4 that is about 35% cheaper than the 5.1
8F591CD2-7CF1-4827-9322-DA484C35CE63.jpeg

“while in there”, why don’t I refurbish that caliper, voila.
26BA183F-7248-4C23-B74A-FA0B8D183FDE.jpeg

Last edited:
New serpentine belt and fan clutch on the truck yesterday.

View attachment 2621316
Be sure to keep an eye on the nuts for mounting the clutch. The serrated part of the nut on mine didn't have enough bite to properly penetrate the new paint on the clutch. After about a week they started to work loose. I ordered new serrated nuts and cured the problem.

Be sure to keep an eye on the nuts for mounting the clutch. The serrated part of the nut on mine didn't have enough bite to properly penetrate the new paint on the clutch. After about a week they started to work loose. I ordered new serrated nuts and cured the problem.

Good tip! I'll check them out after driving for a week or two and see how they look. Thanks

My 100 got a much needed bath after being ignored all winter while I restored a 40th. Nice family photo in the sun.

E618413C-18A9-43BA-B7C1-1770BBF21A26_1_201_a.jpeg

Here you go; Takumi San

Btt, got the fresh brake fluid for the Lx, I studied carefully the boiling temps between DOT 5.1 and DOT 4, very minimal difference from how will I use the rig, so went for the DOT 4 that is about 35% cheaper than the 5.1
View attachment 2621154
“while in there”, why don’t I refurbish that caliper, voila.View attachment 2621155
how minimal? DOT4 - 446°F°F(dry) 311°F(wet) vs DOT5.1 - 500°F(dry) 356 (wet) and that is not a linear scale how you think?
if the difference between (wet) only 356 - 311 = 54 and you think o only 54 degrees, not a big deal, ya when you heating up from 0 to 54 degrees, but we are talking about 311 to 356 the difference of heat factor is huge the amount of energy spend from 0 to 54 is
311 to 356 factor
Here you go; Takumi San

View attachment 2621154
“while in there”, why don’t I refurbish that caliper, voila.View attachment 2621155
No my friend the difference in temperature is phenomenal between DOT4 and DOR5.1 50F* on the nonlinear level that said 450*F is about 150 Kj (kilojoule) vs 500F* is 300Kj that is huge, I would go with DOT5.1 any day over DOT4

^^lol okay you missed that subjective part of “from how will I use the rig” . I use 5.1 on my GS Rallye but thank you for the education, it’s never ending anyway.:beer:

Did you remove your compressor? It's a really tight space.
Yes. I put a new OEM Denso compressor in. It is tight but doable. You do NOT need to remove the driver side CV axle. Just get creative with extensions and wobble sockets. The front two are easier than the rear. Some try from the top up for the rear bolt, I have had better luck accessing from underneath.

Did the amp bypass for my radio. No more humming noise and no more sharing my music with my neighbors at volume 4.

I used this cable bundle: Amazon product ASIN B085FY6MXW
And I used this diagram for reference: http://www.beatsonicusa.com/DIY/Audio_LX470.pdf

Also dropped my blower fan to figure out what was making noise. This little piece of vegetation was annoying me for the past 2 years:
024F51B1-C425-494A-B14A-7366C1206649.jpeg

I am new to the 100 series. Coming from the 40 forum OCD Bettle has a really successful, fun thread where we post a pic of wheeling, a fix, a new part, etc. for our trucks.

It's neat to see the mix of projects, daily driving issues, weekend wheelin reports, etc.

I thought the 100 forum could use one...

I'll start...today I ordered an Iron Man 2 inch lift kit for my 99'.:clap:

I spray liner'd my trim. I'm extreamly pleased with the results. Some of the trim had huge scrapes and scratches. The upper body is nearly perfect so I thought why not... and WOW! That Smokey Topaz Micah really "Popped" when I added the black and that gold Lexus Badge against the matching liner on the grill really worked! I was very nervous... but so glad I took the plunge. It's very easy to touch up also... I used Spray In Bed Liner and would recommend it for anyone thinking of doing this.

IMG-0717.jpg
IMG-0721.jpg

IMG-0733.jpg

IMG-0734.jpg

IMG-0736.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom