What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (84 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally got the front runner installed. Had no plans to ride, but the weather was too perfect. Of course I had to pull over for a quick pic.

A9A1375B-B80F-4C79-AEE0-4C18C8C06F9F.jpeg

FINALLY installed my Dissent rear bumper to replace the cheap chinese one the PO had on it. I may get back to the swingout life later, it's kinda weird being able to see the whole back of the truck for once.

Before:
View attachment 2606763

After:
View attachment 2606758
Looks great. Did you install it yourself? How hard was it? Did you have it powder coated or painted? Color code?

redarc bcdc arrived, 80ah lifepo4 battery arrived. ordered sleee 2nd battery tray + red arc mount.

finished up mounts for seats. just need to weld tabs for seatbelt receivers then off to powdercoat. drove up to idylwyld for the afternoon to hang with some friends.

View attachment 2606370

View attachment 2606371

View attachment 2606372

View attachment 2606373

View attachment 2606374
Are you planning on putting the LifePo4 battery on the Slee mount? I just started researching LifePo4 and had the impression that engine compartment: bad....

Looks great. Did you install it yourself? How hard was it? Did you have it powder coated or painted? Color code?
Thanks! I did. It'll depend on the condition of your rig. Mine's an 02 with about 190k. Several of the captured nuts in my frame were a pain to clean out. Also had issues with a broken off captured nut and my front captured nuts having sheet metal half covering the holes, like in Deep South Overland's install video. Only thing that could be improved with the install is a diagram showing exactly which bolts/nuts/washers go where (maybe I missed it, but couldn't find anything detailed). Wasted a bunch of time trying to figure out what went where - like when I realized I had used the 4" bolts on the wing plates when they belonged at the hitch where the 3.5" bolts were too short.

Had him coat it. I want to say it was evo gray? Can't remember for sure, but Ben's a great guy and called saying that the original color I requested based on posts in here hadn't been durable long term for some customers, so he recommended I switch to whatever this was. Ask him if you're serious, I'm sure he'll know.

Reactions: LCT
Thanks! I did. It'll depend on the condition of your rig. Mine's an 02 with about 190k. Several of the captured nuts in my frame were a pain to clean out. Also had issues with a broken off captured nut and my front captured nuts having sheet metal half covering the holes, like in Deep South Overland's install video. Only thing that could be improved with the install is a diagram showing exactly which bolts/nuts/washers go where (maybe I missed it, but couldn't find anything detailed). Wasted a bunch of time trying to figure out what went where - like when I realized I had used the 4" bolts on the wing plates when they belonged at the hitch where the 3.5" bolts were too short.

Had him coat it. I want to say it was evo gray? Can't remember for sure, but Ben's a great guy and called saying that the original color I requested based on posts in here hadn't been durable long term for some customers, so he recommended I switch to whatever this was. Ask him if you're serious, I'm sure he'll know.
Thanks! PO bought Dissent rear bumper w/o swing outs and it’s not powder coated. I’ll reach out to Ben and ask him the color code once I have the vehicle & the bumper in my possession. Probably will order tire carrier at the same time.

Do post some pics. Did you end up buying OEM parts? I am sure a few of us will be interested in your reconditioned control arms if you decide to recoup some of the cost!
I will upload some today.

Due to cost, I went with the AC/Delco PRO series UCAs and LCAs but stuck with OEM for shocks. I will upload them from the phone later this afternoon and paste them here. Really wish I could use OEM but they are SOOO expensive and my budget simply didn't allow it. The AC/Delco PRO are not "cheap" either, and really did seem solid and durable- AND, everything lined up perfectly.

Kudos to myself, Following the FSM exactly, I got the alignmernt NEEEEEARLY dead-on perfect.

After some settling in on the Torsion bars, I am probably going to raise them up a little bit more because it still seems a little "stink-bug" after the re-indexing. another 1/2-3/4 inch, probably.

Went back to factory 16” rims. Anyone have any center caps they want to sell?

E366441C-0114-49C8-BA30-05CABF3473EE.jpeg

BA910523-E375-4900-8F4C-43E11D2AB6F1.jpeg

redarc bcdc arrived, 80ah lifepo4 battery arrived. ordered sleee 2nd battery tray + red arc mount.

finished up mounts for seats. just need to weld tabs for seatbelt receivers then off to powdercoat. drove up to idylwyld for the afternoon to hang with some friends.

View attachment 2606370

View attachment 2606371

View attachment 2606372

View attachment 2606373

View attachment 2606374

Great job. I didn't see the install on the fronts - did you fab something up for those as well?

Spent some time finally fitting my Warn winch thats been collecting dust in my garage. Had to trim back the metal bracket just behind the controller box but other than that it sits great behind the tjm t17 bumper. Heres to getting stuck one day so i can actually get my money's worth.

WARN.jpg

That was actually my plan before I even ordered. I wanted to see how it went together first. Even with my carpet mocked up, the plastic flap still hits the latches. All parts would need to be recessed for the flap not to catch. I'll see what I can make happen tomorrow.

Cut and glued my original carpet on the storage cover. Used 3M contact cement for the carpet and double sided tape to hold the plastic trim to the back side of the cover. Ground down a 5/16" long socket to use as a punch for the bolt holes. Bought countersunk M8 bolts (to have a flat head) from True Value (in slightly shorter lengths too). The plastic slider clears everything way better; doesn't catch on the bolts of latches now. Surprisingly it catches on the carpet break, by the hinge, so I left the sliders on to let it clear. I need to cut the carpet away from the hinge more, because the carpet on the lid and base touch and bind before the lid is all the way flipped up and falls down.

PXL_20210308_173505464-01.jpeg
PXL_20210308_174901081.jpg
PXL_20210308_174856869-01.jpeg

PXL_20210306_231156742.NIGHT.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom