What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed a relay harness with an OEM-looking switch next to the diff lock switch for the driving lights I'll be installing when my bumper arrives next week. Also replaced my left outer tail with a fresh OEM unit from @Deftoned40 (thanks again!) and applied a fresh coat of wax to the tails.
IMG_1418.JPG

IMG_1415.jpg

IMG_1416.JPG

Looking miiiiint 👌

This week, not specifically in the cruiser but related...
Anyone wants 04LC glass headlights with chips on glass? May be for retrofit projectors. Mounts and rest is good. Will keep for another week and throw in trash
PhotoGrid_1606070470375__01.jpg

Edit; free pickup or you pay for shipping

^I would pick them up from you, but I have the same chip in my LF headlight - the very reason I've been seeking new headlight assemblies. Does anyone know if just the glass covers can be removed/replaced?

^I would pick them up from you, but I have the same chip in my LF headlight - the very reason I've been seeking new headlight assemblies. Does anyone know if just the glass covers can be removed/replaced?
Chips are bigger than appears in pics, btw

Installed some Anzo headlamps with Silverstar Ultra bulbs. These aren’t as nice as some of the HID/LED conversions folks on here run or offer, but they’re not a terrible alternative. The LX needed some new headlamps and OE replacements are a bit rich, these are in line with other aftermarket options with regard to price. There is a little bit of wiring involved for the halos and the bulb styles differ from OE (H7 low, H1 high.) All in all, I’m happy with the result and the black housings play off the white pearl well, the halos look pretty good in person. Let me know if there are questions.

F720F759-4B4B-4ED9-BAC6-9EDD7A0FD074.jpeg

4A572755-95DA-4503-BA3E-6D7ACBA080BF.jpeg

A3647E65-89B1-478D-A8A5-9244D8717C1F.jpeg

C50E2018-86AB-404F-8E66-CFF3D3F2634A.jpeg

Yup, you can replace just the glass, but I am not aware of anyone selling just glass—have to find used in better shape, and it’s a PITA to swap out (done it).
I believe @ranma21 sells depo complete units with glass lenses at a price that makes replacing the whole assembly pretty stinking attractive....

Yup, you can replace just the glass, but I am not aware of anyone selling just glass—have to find used in better shape, and it’s a PITA to swap out (done it).
I believe @ranma21 sells depo complete units with glass lenses at a price that makes replacing the whole assembly pretty stinking attractive....

Great to know, I'll shoot him a note.

Installed some Anzo headlamps with Silverstar Ultra bulbs. These aren’t as nice as some of the HID/LED conversions folks on here run or offer, but they’re not a terrible alternative. The LX needed some new headlamps and OE replacements are a bit rich, these are in line with other aftermarket options with regard to price. There is a little bit of wiring involved for the halos and the bulb styles differ from OE (H7 low, H1 high.) All in all, I’m happy with the result and the black housings play off the white pearl well, the halos look pretty good in person. Let me know if there are questions.

View attachment 2503472

View attachment 2503474

View attachment 2503475

View attachment 2503476
Looks,great. Can you post more pics please (different angles) as I am on the fence on getting a set myself.

Today I got new tires all round - Michelin LTX A/T2s in 275/65R18. Got them for a great price from someone who'd just taken them off their brand new TRD Tundra. So far so good, feel a bit quieter than the Geolandar ATs they replaced.

Also applied a Ceramic coating (CQuartz UK 3.0). Took me from 9-4pm to wash, do a basic paint correction (buffing with Rupes DA polisher and Meguiars ultra cutting compound), prep and then apply the coating. Also applied it to the window trim, windows and black plastic trim. Looks great and very close to mint
PXL_20201122_184730239.jpg
! Only thing left to sort out is my cladding that I didn't apply it to as the clear coat has come off in areas.

So I’m a month in on ownership of a 2006 White Lexus LX470. It came with extensive service records and one thing I noticed was that the antenna was broken and replaced 4 times at least, and was broken off when I purchased it. I decided to try a 6” black replacement antenna from The Antenna Source. I think it looks good... I’ll have to see how it performs.
D99C284E-FA11-4D45-9FD3-2ABEE3025CC4.jpeg

This week, not specifically in the cruiser but related...
Anyone wants 04LC glass headlights with chips on glass? May be for retrofit projectors. Mounts and rest is good. Will keep for another week and throw in trash
View attachment 2503421
Edit; free pickup or you pay for shipping
I'll take them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom