What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (66 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you need access to the inside of the frame rail to install your recovery points? I need to get mine on, but the ARB bumper covers the front of the frame rail, and I'm not sure if that will be an issue for my install.
You don't need access to the inside of the frame. The frame has nuts welded on the inside, just install the bolts through the tow points.
I have an ARB bullbar and these mounts. Let me know if you have any other questions

Anybody recognize what awning and mounts those are? Tried asking the OP a few days ago to no avail.
Looks like ARB touring awning. Not sure abt the mounts

• Rear differential oil replacement with synthetic - likely the first in the vehicle's life from the color/stench :(
  • Finally popped out the two rear o2 sensors; both were actually cooked
    • One failure to heat
    • One failure to read
  • Attached this fear-inspiring tow hitch cover on the rear - far too proud of it....
    Capture.PNG
    • Once a dork, always a dork
  • Transfer Case and Front Differential next
    • Snapped a bolt on the three bolt shield trying to open it......so a new adventure there as well

Made a mystery part for the hundo. Any guesses? I’ll give you clue: it’s 98% useless if you HEAR what I’m saying.
660A48E1-C511-4027-B49D-0242F1B1C4F1.jpeg

A71A039B-C51E-4345-AB6C-434195B0D3B8.jpeg

I added a new complication to my rear bumper situation. Not sure how I'm going to get everything I want on there. Still have maxtrax and rotopax to mount and the bike rack you see here must go in favor of something swing arm mounted.

IMG_20200724_173041.jpg

IMG_20200724_173034.jpg

Finally decided to remove 3/4 ARB steel roof rack in favour of something a bit lighter and with a lower profile. We did get good use out of it over the ~4yrs it was up there but didn't feel it was worth the added height and weight so last week went back to the old setup and (re)installed another set of second hand OEM rails ($100).

yCIzmVS.jpg

efLbyTf.jpg

4lB7M2U.jpg

yAoBXvy.jpg

Update us on those S1s!

So I routed all the wiring, all the way back to both tail light areas. Connected power and ground (S1 pair comes with wiring kit).

Then I broke one of the connectors pulling wire through firewall. Dumb mistake, I pulled right on the connector, I know better. Connector came flying off now I need new pins. Ordered those will be here Sunday. To be continued.

My rig got a slight AHC adjustment, but my real progress was helping a couple of other members work out some tow wiring issues and getting Techstream to work on their laptops and rigs.

Late to the party on this one, but I've got an 8, 5, and 3 yro in the middle and it has been working out well...
View attachment 2382608
All these pictures of 100s with three kid seats in them makes me want to do a 100s with small people rally....

Finally decided to remove 3/4 ARB steel roof rack in favour of something a bit lighter and with a lower profile. We did get good use out of it over the ~4yrs it was up there but didn't feel it was worth the added height and weight so last week went back to the old setup and (re)installed another set of second hand OEM rails ($100).

yCIzmVS.jpg

efLbyTf.jpg

4lB7M2U.jpg

yAoBXvy.jpg
Are those factory 105 luggage rails? Pretty nifty....

19MPG

3848B1CC-79E8-4056-A931-FBBF6002B2E2.jpeg

Next post will be..."replaced my scan gauge. Last one was roughly 7mpg's off".

Or maybe that’s an instant reading, downhill, in neutral. With a steady tailwind.

I added a new complication to my rear bumper situation. Not sure how I'm going to get everything I want on there. Still have maxtrax and rotopax to mount and the bike rack you see here must go in favor of something swing arm mounted.

View attachment 2382691

View attachment 2382693
I just did the same complication Lol, but realizing that for now I am the only one in my family who’s into mountain biking, I sold my hitch bike rack a week after and just transport my mtb and load it up the cargo area.
CC5874E2-F263-4EBC-8240-599337510632.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom